• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black Onyx (Transition to B2/W2)

Arty-Kun

Kill it with weather

blackonyxHD2.jpg

BLACK ONYX
I'm not going to spend too much time on introductions, I made this team and I think it's pretty good, but I think it can be made better. It's a rain team with new additions from B2/W2. I never know what to type in the first little paragraph thing anyways, so I'm going to jump right into the team, but before that consider how long it took me to type this out, and how big of a jerk you would have to be to just look at the movesets and not read my descriptions. Yeah, I know you do that sometimes. Don't do it with this team or a cat will not do.
tumblr_lceeaf1e9S1qbryvho1_400.png

Politoed @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EV's: 252 Hp / 220 Sp. Def / 32 Sp. Atk
Ability: Drizzle
-Scald
-Encore
-Ice Beam
-Perish Song

This is my favorite Politoed set. You know how if a bunch of friends decide to go out and get totally wasted at the bar they need to have a guy be serious and drive them back home? That guy would be this Politoed. I'm not usually a fan of stall, so I put a lot of my important keys used to break down scary teams in this guy. Set-up sweepers along with Ninjask and Smeargle fear a Perish Song, and any Ferrothorns and pals that want to set up rocks have to either do it 3 more times or switch due to Encore. Physical attackers like Gyarados and Dragonite don't like Scald, and if a Landorus or Salamence happens to be out, I just Ice Beam. But that like never happens, because I would rather hide Politoed in my party than have him be useful and kill stuff. You all know this set, pretty standard defensive Toed minus the Toxic.

s12.jpg

Keldeo-R @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 Spe / 252 Sp. Atk / 4 Def
Ability: Justified
-Surf
-Secret Sword
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Calm Mind

Hay. Why the long face? You're cute, you're majestic, you're an amazing sweeper, the only thing you lack is Ice Beam, which would make you more awesome. But seriously, this guy is legit to use now. HE IS LEGIT TO USE NOW, USE HIM ALREADY. Stop being lazy and go download the new version of PO. Surf is obviously my main way of dealing damage, not as strong as Hydro Pump but much more reliable. I have the rain to boost me anyways, so it's all good. Secret Sword is cool because it's basically a fighting type Psyshock. Finally, we know Gamefreak isn't totally out to ruin the metagame, because this thing will always KO a 4 / 252 Bold Chansey after a +1 boost, and has an okay chance to KO 252 / 252 Bold Chansey after rocks. So all kirby wannabe's have to look out from now on. Hidden Power [Ice] is for any Dragon/Flying types and anything else that resists both Sacred Sword and Surf. Calm Mind is what I use to sweep obviously. And before we wrap up lets look at that speed stat, it's 108. That's pretty good. And it has the highest special attack out of all fighting pokemon. It's essentially a special Terrakion that can stallbreak. Oh, and there is no stat difference between Keldeo and Keldeo-R.

ditto.jpg

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Hardy
EV's: 252 Hp / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Ability: Imposter
-Transform

You see it's ability? Yeah. I made it bold and changed it's color to red so you could see it better. That nightmare which terrorized teams when Black and White first came out, when Haxorus was Onokosu and Shandera was known for it's Shadow Tag ability, that pokemon came back to cause never ending grief to the battling community. Imposter transforms Ditto into the pokemon already in battle. This is great because it means there is no turn to waste Transforming. Oh, if you didn't know, Ditto copies the opponents stats as well, including stat bonuses. Give Ditto a Choice Scarf to remove the possibility of a speed tie, and you have the best revenge killer in the game. Take advantage of this while you can, because I have a feeling Smogon is going to ban it from OU at some point. The only place EV's are needed is HP, because that's the only stat that doesn't change when Ditto is transformed. Oh, and if you decide to use Ditto, it has to know Transform to show up in battle, because if it doesn't, it has no moves and shows up as a MissingNo in battle and people laugh in your face and your parents disinherit you. And unless the opponent sports a Choice Scarf, Ditto is the only pokemon who will always outspeed its opponent. And if it DOES sport a Scarf, it could speed tie and outspeed anyways.

200px-641BTornelos.png

Tornadus-T @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
EV's:252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Ability: Regenerator
-Hurricane
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-U-Turn

This is my late game sweeper. Once Forry puts up his hazards, not much will survive my SPECS ON HURRICANE FULL BLAST SHOOPING DA WOOP MEGA LAZER ATTACK. U-Turn is there for scouting, but I only use it if I see a Jirachi or pink blob on the opposing team. Hidden Power [Ice] is pretty useful for nabbing surprise KO's on 252 / 76 Gliscor and almost every dragon in OU. Focus Blast is something that I almost always use and can KO standard Ferrothorn after Rocks and two layers of Spikes. But srsly, guise, srsly, Tornadibro don't care. Tornadibro don't give a care. Tornadibro just takes what he wants. Look at him run in slow motion, "watch out" says that bird, Tornadibro just don't care. Usually, the battle ends when Forry has SR and all Spikes out and Tornadus just comes and kills everything. I prefer Tornadus's Therian forme to his Incarnate form because he outspeeds any nonboosted Starmie and will always OHKO with Hurricane, even without rocks up. And it has Regenerator, which is delicious.
forretressavatar.png

Forretress @ Red Card
Nature: Careful
EV's: 252 Hp / 252 Sp. Def / 4 Def
Ability: Sturdy
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes

This is my sexy ninja. What he does is sneak in on a Scizor or some other pokemon who would love to set up on my team and make my team a pokemon smoothie and start layering entry hazards. Meanwhile, the opponent thinks I'm a noob for letting them set up, then they attack and BAM they get sent back into their party via Red Card. And then I laugh at them because they thought I would let them pull a sweep off. Anyways, about the build, I decided to go specially heavy because I just got tired of special attacks OHKOing me. If you decide to make suggestions on this Forretress, do not tell me to add Payback or Volt Switch. I am well aware that Forretress runs only one attack move and all 3 hazards, and most battles I get all 3 hazards fully layered on the field. The goal isn't to deal with a spinblocker or scout, the goal is to set up together with the opponent and nerf them with my Red Card. I have tried Forretress with Volt Switch, guess what, it didn't pull its own weight. Same with the spinblocker Forry.

163px-645BLandorus.png

Landorus-T @ Yache Berry
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Sp. Def
Ability: Intimidate
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Fly
-Rock Polish

This is the fourth pokemon on my team that Gamefreak blessed us with, and it's a freaking beast. He has a base 145 Attack, that's almost as strong as Haxorus. But he has a base 91 speed, which makes him about as fast as turtles stampeding through peanut butter. LUCKILY, he has Landorous's lovely moveset, including Rock Polish. After a single Rock Polish, he becomes faster than all scarfed base 115's, which is nice because I've had troubles with Scarf Starmie in the past, but now I OHKO it after rocks. Also, this guy is a fantastic Jolteon check. Thanks to his minty fresh Yache Berry, he can take one Specs Hidden Power [Ice] and set up Rock Polish, KOing Jolteon in return with Earthquake. Or if I'm afraid they'll switch into something that could beat Landorus before taking out Jolteon, I'll just go straight for the KO with Earthquake. Same with Raikou too. Fly is there for Breloom and Virizon, who resist the EdgeQuake combo. Gamefreak really trolled Landorus by not giving him Acrobatics, because that would be much more helpful. Oh well, he's still full of sexy cheetah power. Oh, before I wrap up the team, I should probably mention that I tried Dugtrio and Donphan before I used Landorus-T, and neither really pulled their weight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
186.png
keldeor.png
132.png
tornadust.png
205.png
landorust.png

Last edited:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I would just like to say; nobody is going to keep a virizion or breloom in once they see you use fly.. So I would suggest you drop it for hp flying or asrial ace or... Something

Arty-Kun

Kill it with weather
I would just like to say; nobody is going to keep a virizion or breloom in once they see you use fly.. So I would suggest you drop it for hp flying or asrial ace or... Something
It can't learn Aerial Ace, and HP Flying on a Virizon off a degraded base 105 Sp. Atk with 0 EV's is gonna do little to no damage... Fly is literally a last resort.

Klaus™

Banned
id just like to start out by saying this team looks fun to play with. js.

now: some things i noticed, just little nitpicks.

politoed: change its nature to sassy, i think. whatever calm boosts, drop speed. this may help underspeed thorn, i doubt it, and makes it easier for you to win the weather war. calm boosts SpD, right? yeah, go sassy

keldeo: right now, your team kinda fails against jeliicent. kinda. that ditto is all that can really check it properly, but i havent done calcs for tornadus. in fact, i cant do calcs due to reasons. anyways, maybe hp ghost would be the safer bet. allows you to hit jelli, and it grants complete coverage alongside secret sword. but, its personal preference.

landorus: you can do two things here:

1) change nature to naughty(+atk/-SpD) and give it hp flying or ice. ice hits loom/virizion and dragons, or.....

2) give it u-turn over fly and hp ice over rock polish, and possibly a scarf to cover up speed issues.

now, because you'll be in rain, which got soooo many new toys its going to be probably 90% used, with the other 10% being sand or other, you need to counter rain yourself. landorus isn't going to be taking out key threats and sweeping, as its weak to ice and water, ice beam is practically on every water-type's shopping list. jellicent in particular stands out, and now it has damp, its going to be unstoppable ;) your team also cannot take thunders at all, bar landorus. not sure how to go about that, but id replace something. you also cant abuse thunder, which would help with your water problem. for this reason, i propose you try a specs thunderus instead of tornadus. or at least life orb. tornadus may get bulk, but thunderus ♪got the power♪. i'll let you go along with how to do that. o, plus, with volt absorb, it grants it a, switch-in regenerator like thing, if you use it right.

anyways, i hope this helps bro. good luck with your team. it looks pretty good now, but im not the best judge on new b/w2 teams.