• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black: Victini & Reshiram (14)

Autis-misc

Abridger
Just saw it. It made about as Much sense to me as Bruno Mars singing Screamo.

General question, Whats wrong with Damian's hair?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Tatum FTW!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I haven't seen Black, but I'm assuming both are the exact same movies except that the roles of Reshiram and Zekrom have been switched.

Am I right?

Pretty much.

Also, Carlita's Hydreigon is Shiny in one version and normal in the other. The same is true for Juanita's Golurk.

Other minor differences include the beginning scene with Damon and some colors are different in certain locations (like Ash's macaron).

halloweenghost

Was not bad, but I liked White version Better. What else can i say that i didn't in white version? other then ohhh this place was different,.. damon used a reuniclus in white yadda yadda. lol

G50

No longer posting
This movie was good. I do like the other better after having watched both of them. It was great seeing my favorite version exclusive Pokemon - Sawk and Gothitelle. I'm not too happy that once again Cartoon Network left out a few cool scenes... Plus the ending. I didn't like the beginning scene as much as the other movie.

60/100

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
People, Cartoon Network cut out less than 5 minutes of material.

None of those scenes were really important.

This isn't like the Zoroark scene removal.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
People, Cartoon Network cut out less than 5 minutes of material.

None of those scenes were really important.

This isn't like the Zoroark scene removal.

No, none of the individual scenes were important. But making five minutes of random cuts makes the rest of the movie choppy to watch. The editing wasn't even done well; you could listen and hear numerous music jumps.

The reason why I said they haven't learned anything is because they did it for the same reason they did it last time, to shove a short piece of original programming into the time slot. PCI doesn't contract CN to air these movies just to have them cut up so they'll under-run their slot, so it doesn't matter if the time cut is five minutes or fifteen.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
It was annoying when they said "macaron". Last time I checked, it was "macaroon", Haha.

You do know there Macaroons and Macarons are two different things right?

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I missed the first half hour :-/ Would've missed it completely if my friend KingZekrom333 hadn't called. Thanks KingZekrom! I'll definitely get them both when they come out on DVD!

Haunter ゴースト

I missed the first half hour :-/ Would've missed it completely if my friend KingZekrom333 hadn't called. Thanks KingZekrom! I'll definitely get them both when they come out on DVD!

Search it up on youtube all 6 parts are there and also change the filter to uploaded today, piece of cake!

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Was it me or was Damon's hair colors swaped in this one?

Platina2000

I saw the Reshiram movie last night on CN too. The last movie I bought was movie 9, and I've been searching for the rest since (no luck). But once the two movies come out on DVD (or blu-ray), I'm going to buy them no doubt! They were pretty good!

...It kinda felt like they cut some stuff out, probably to fit the timeslots or something. I don't know.

Last edited:

alypkmn

well, of course its better then the 13th !! in terms of art work,its the best Japanese animated film I've ever seen.

in terms of directing and writing,it was a complete mess up!!, FOR GOD'S SAKE WTF IS " Dragon force" of the planet,come on !! being a children's movie is not an excuse,childerens are not that stupid !!!I mean enough of those random energy fields,the victini that is fire type and is some how able to restore the land !!!,a hologram invented a 10000 years ago,rly WTF we are not that stupid, writers!!

Also the movie didn't answer any question which I'm sure everybody was asking:

1.how the king was able to lift the castle ? is he some kind of magician ??

2.why was victini trapped inside the barrier ? I need an explanation for this,not just he was trapped and that's all ??

3.why was that "dragon force" upset when the castle was moved ??

4.what the ideal and truth have to do with the film story ??

I think the writers tried do make a deep plot,with a compex story,and at the sometime simple for kids,and they failed.

Haunter ゴースト

in terms of directing and writing,it was a complete mess up!!, FOR GOD'S SAKE WTF IS " Dragon force" of the planet,come on !! being a children's movie is not an excuse,childerens are not that stupid !!!I mean enough of those random energy fields,the victini that is fire type and is some how able to restore the land !!!,a hologram invented a 10000 years ago,rly WTF we are not that stupid, writers!!

Saying this is like saying the whole Pokemon anime is a mess up.

You really think people can capture and turn creatures into energy which go into a ball?

You think a creature can physically create floods of water from inside it's stomach and fire at free will?

You think a creature can genuinly cause you to travel through time?

You thi- I could go on and on and on.

Also the movie didn't answer any question which I'm sure everybody was asking:

1.how the king was able to lift the castle ? is he some kind of magician ??

Sigilyph and the endless amount of Duosions used Psychic, Victini's power also helped.

2.why was victini trapped inside the barrier ? I need an explanation for this,not just he was trapped and that's all ??

When the king sealed the dragon force the first time, Victini's power was used and needed to stay in Eindoak in order to keep the seal, it was the only way and the King was sorry he had to do it.

3.why was that "dragon force" upset when the castle was moved ??

Because it was sealed when it went out of control thousands of years ago, once the seal was broken chaos was let loose.

4.what the ideal and truth have to do with the film story ??

The dragons ask Ash what his Ideals/Truths are and he says he wants to help Victini and help get it to the Ocean.

Damons Ideals/Truths are to get the kingdom of the vale back to it's people.

I think the writers tried do make a deep plot,with a compex story,and at the sometime simple for kids,and they failed.

Actually I think it worked very well, this is the first time i've enjoyed one of the more recent movies this much in a long time.

This is definetly in my top 5.

Profesco

gone gently
@alypkmn: I think we got a satisfying answer to at least your first question. As I understood it, placing Victini in that contraption allowed it to spread its "power to create success" or however you'd like to say it, to all of the Psychic Pokemon in the castle. When all of them were powered up by Victini (and there were hundreds, gosh), their combined, boosted psychic attacks could levitate the castle.

As for the rest of the movie, I have a few comments.

First, the opening battle montage seemed a little on the short side. I know there were a couple of battles ended by Victini's boosting up the Pokemon, but to still have a battle composed of one or two moves is disappointing. It would have been nice to see the evolved starters, Hydreigon, and all the rest actually moving around and doing things. I also noticed the animation during some of this montage was unusual - when Oshawott beat Emboar and jumped into Ash's arms, it looked a little floppy. So with Scraggy at times. Very weird. =s

Second, I am extremely glad that they didn't give Victini telepathy. I am quite sick of every small featured Pokemon having the voice and attitude of a six year-old girl. Voices for Zekrom and Reshiram were not bad, I suppose. I actually sort of enjoyed Zekrom's line at the beginning, about how "Beyond hope, you will find your ideals" or however he said it. But given that those two could speak, it would have been nice if we'd gotten to hear them explain themselves a bit better. A short clip of "Be courageous! Follow your truth/ideal!" while inspirational music plays does not an interesting dragon make.

Third, this plot was marginally better, imo, than many of the recent ones. Once again, we had Ash in a unique position to save the whole world; that's much more enjoyable than Ash being a heroic but expendable bystander while Bad Guy #2756 tries to take advantage of Legendary Pokemon #27 which will pretty much just knock out a single town or a special building/person. Forgive me, I like Poke-drama on a grander scale. And we saw Ash in very believably real danger, namely, being stranded alone on the cusp of Earth's atmosphere, running out of heat and oxygen while even Legendary Pokemon trying their hardest couldn't save him. There's something about being lost alone in space that strikes me as profoundly tragic, so maybe that's why I took to it so well.

The only thing is, except for some pretty purple lines tracing across a few dozen acres of land, the whole "destroying the whole world" aspect wasn't expressed. The best cinematic world-destroying expression in this franchise is and always has been the oceanic and climatic turmoil of the 2nd movie, so there's quite a standard to measure the others by.

A final note: It bothered me how little everyone seemed to care about Golurk. The poor thing took on Zekrom all by itself thousands of feet in the air not once, but twice, and when it dropped out of the sky like dead weight both times, no one so much as shed a tear. When it came back after that second time, its owner didn't even ask if it was okay, she just returned it to its Pokeball and said it did fine. I felt so bad for Golurk. =/

Last edited: