• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black: Victini & Reshiram (14)

Haunter ゴースト

Second, I am extremely glad that they didn't give Victini telepathy. I am quite sick of every small featured Pokemon having the voice and attitude of a six year-old girl. Voices for Zekrom and Reshiram were not bad, I suppose. I actually sort of enjoyed Zekrom's line at the beginning, about how "Beyond hope, you will find your ideals" or however he said it.

Yes I agree with these points so much. Looks at Shaymin, Zorua, Manaphy, Jirachi....

Zekrom and Reshirams voices were fine, it suits the more larger legendaries with telepathy more.

Third, this plot was marginally better, imo, than many of the recent ones. Once again, we had Ash in a unique position to save the whole world; that's much more enjoyable than Ash being a heroic but expendable bystander while Bad Guy #2756 tries to take advantage of Legendary Pokemon #27 which will pretty much just knock out a single town or a special building/person. Forgive me, I like Poke-drama on a grander scale. And we saw Ash in very believably real danger, namely, being stranded alone on the cusp of Earth's atmosphere, running out of heat and oxygen while even Legendary Pokemon trying their hardest couldn't save him. There's something about being lost alone in space that strikes me as profoundly tragic, so maybe that's why I took to it so well.

These are my exact same opinions on this movie and the movies in general, weird haha.

It's always nice to see Ash as the hero to save the world which unfotunately has only ever properly been shown in Movie 2.

The fact Ash nearly dies brings the drama it's needed again in a long time just like in the first movie (which is ultimately the best no matter what anybody says).

The only thing is, except for some pretty purple lines tracing across a few dozen acres of land, the whole "destroying the whole world" aspect wasn't expressed. The best cinematic world-destroying expression in this franchise is and always has been the oceanic and climatic turmoil of the 2nd movie, so there's quite a standard to measure the others by.

Agree, I wish they had shown this better but eh it was still a big crisis with Ash travelling into space nearly dying.

A final note: It bothered me how little everyone seemed to care about Golurk. The poor thing took on Zekrom all by itself thousands of feet in the air not once, but twice, and when it dropped out of the sky like dead weight both times, no one so much as shed a tear. When it came back after that second time, its owner didn't even ask if it was okay, she just returned it to its Pokeball and said it did fine. I felt so bad for Golurk. =/

And once again, I thought this too.

It fell out of the sky at one point through the clouds and nobody AT ALL shouted 'no!' or whined in sympathy, did nobody care?

FILIP22

Original Member since 2007
Yes, I hate CN's clause to be annoying with its commercials. And because of that, I don't give a damn about how Level Up gives a really creepy depiction(sp?) of geeky people.

Uh thats the thing every where, you get 20 minutes of commercials in one hour....

I liked the movie, now I have to wait for them to release the White version so I can see it.

:643: had an awesome entrance when revived from the stone.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Uh thats the thing every where, you get 20 minutes of commercials in one hour....

Excuse me, but the commercials and the needless Regular Show clip skipped scenes within the movie, not to mention the interesting credits were sped-up. This kind of event doesn't even happen with normal shows, but it affects Pokemon movies really badly.

AmericanPi

Write on
Watched this yesterday but only recently had time to post.

- So... truthfully I didn't enjoy this movie as well as previous ones such as "Spell of the Unown". The plot was better than, say, "Pokemon Heroes", but the action wasn't fast enough for me. It was... too slow to be epic. XD Also, the whole "moving the castle" thing seemed a bit impossible. How could a single Sigilyph move a whole entire castle?

- As people have said, I don't like how no one cared about Golurk...

- And, of course, Cartoon Network sped up the credits. That's the ONE thing I can't stand about CN. Seriously, credits are important.

- The movie had many redeeming qualities though. One is the epic extended theme song at the beginning, and another one is Victini NOT having telepathy - as Profesco said, I'm sick of little Pokemon sounding like whiny little girls. Victini's character is just so adorable, and makes you feel sad because it's trapped within the confines of the pillar things.

- Reshiram and Zekrom were epic. Their introductions were really awesome parts of the movie and they had nice voices that were fit for larger legendary Pokemon, though I was expecting Reshiram to be female. Oh well...

- The Damon guy (I'm not sure if I got his name right)... another redeeming quality. We finally have a villain who isn't really a villain - a good guy with good intentions, but he went too far in his pursuit for ideals. And best of all, he realized his mistakes and redeemed himself, something I unfortunately don't see much in Pokemon villains.

- And finally, the heartbreaking scene where Ash almost dies and Victini almost gives up its life to save Ash. That was the climax, the best part of the movie. As other people have said, it reminds us of the first movie and almost made me cry.

That was like a review for a fanfiction. XD

Last edited:

Battra

Eh it was an ok movie, the visuals were impressive, but the story was contrived & just bland. The whole premise for this movie could have been prevented if the stupid king who made the machine to move the castle had left specific instructions written down that the castle not be moved & to free Victini. They say that the carried an entire village of people in that castle when they moved it & the king not once thought to inform anyone that Victini should be freed after the castle is move & not to move the castle, this is just poor writing & make the movie feel rushed. Maybe we should focus less on putting TR into a story & actually make a coherent story suitable for a move of this type.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Eh it was an ok movie, the visuals were impressive, but the story was contrived & just bland. The whole premise for this movie could have been prevented if the stupid king who made the machine to move the castle had left specific instructions written down that the castle not be moved & to free Victini. They say that the carried an entire village of people in that castle when they moved it & the king not once thought to inform anyone that Victini should be freed after the castle is move & not to move the castle, this is just poor writing & make the movie feel rushed. Maybe we should focus less on putting TR into a story & actually make a coherent story suitable for a move of this type.

Well god forbid someone who just died after doing that couldn't be able to tell anyone anything...

halloweenghost

Watched this yesterday but only recently had time to post.

- So... truthfully I didn't enjoy this movie as well as previous ones such as "Spell of the Unown". The plot was better than, say, "Pokemon Heroes", but the action wasn't fast enough for me. It was... too slow to be epic. XD Also, the whole "moving the castle" thing seemed a bit impossible. How could a single Sigilyph move a whole entire castle?

- As people have said, I don't like how no one cared about Golurk...

- And, of course, Cartoon Network sped up the credits. That's the ONE thing I can't stand about CN. Seriously, credits are important.

- The movie had many redeeming qualities though. One is the epic extended theme song at the beginning, and another one is Victini NOT having telepathy - as Profesco said, I'm sick of little Pokemon sounding like whiny little girls. Victini's character is just so adorable, and makes you feel sad because it's trapped within the confines of the pillar things.

- Reshiram and Zekrom were epic. Their introductions were really awesome parts of the movie and they had nice voices that were fit for larger legendary Pokemon, though I was expecting Reshiram to be female. Oh well...

- The Damon guy (I'm not sure if I got his name right)... another redeeming quality. We finally have a villain who isn't really a villain - a good guy with good intentions, but he went too far in his pursuit for ideals. And best of all, he realized his mistakes and redeemed himself, something I unfortunately don't see much in Pokemon villains.

- And finally, the heartbreaking scene where Ash almost dies and Victini almost gives up its life to save Ash. That was the climax, the best part of the movie. As other people have said, it reminds us of the first movie and almost made me cry.

That was like a review for a fanfiction. XD

Sigilyph and I'm guessing you missed all those Duosion and solosis that helped as well.... and i think they just moved the pillars.. victini 's psychic power moved the castle..

Last edited:

Battra

Well god forbid someone who just died after doing that couldn't be able to tell anyone anything...

Yes he died, but I doubt that he was the only person who built this incredible machine to harness Victini's energy & stop the Dragonforce from destroying the land, and we're supposed to believe that he told no one except Victini, or left any sort of instructions as to what purpose the castle was used for before he died.

Also if Victini's the only one who knew this why did it wait for Ash to show up before showing the king's final words, we have an entire village of people that were moved with the castle & Victini never once tried to contact any of these people cause it was given specific instructions to wait until some kid from some completely different region to show up and save the world again.

MJedi

Yes he died, but I doubt that he was the only person who built this incredible machine to harness Victini's energy & stop the Dragonforce from destroying the land, and we're supposed to believe that he told no one except Victini, or left any sort of instructions as to what purpose the castle was used for before he died.

Also if Victini's the only one who knew this why did it wait for Ash to show up before showing the king's final words, we have an entire village of people that were moved with the castle & Victini never once tried to contact any of these people cause it was given specific instructions to wait until some kid from some completely different region to show up and save the world again.

Damon could not have moved the castle without Victini. And Victini only showed itself when Ash arrived.

The king probably didn't tell anyone the real purpose of the machine because he knew what could happen if it fell into the wrong hands. And that's what happened with Damon. And Victini was the only one around before he died, so was the only one who knew the truth.

It may be possible that after the king died, Victini was so distraught that it hid itself from people. It may also have stopped trusting people after seeing what the king's sons did to the Vale.

Janovy

Banned
It may be possible that after the king died, Victini was so distraught that it hid itself from people. It may also have stopped trusting people after seeing what the king's sons did to the Vale.
Yes, it is pretty clear that the movie depicted Victini as timid and somewhat distrustful towards humans. That's why it kept itself invisible at all times until Ash arrived and befriended him.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Well It was a very basic Movie with some problems and some good points.
1. THANK GOD VICTINI DIDN'T HAVE TELEPATHY I'm tired of all this small Pokemon having to speak.
2. This one's actually a problem, why is there so much death in this one? I mean at least 4 people 2 being Pokemon Died in this Film the worse of them all had to be the King's death seeing victini Cry like that made me sad.
3. The opening battles were kinda messed up, for one Pikachu VS Serpior and Pikachu won how? So let me get this straight you loose to Snivy and Servine but You beat superior wow. Elmolga's refusal to fight kinda annoyed me but at the same time was funny. I still don't get how Oshawott of all things Beats emboar using aqua jet while Emboar is using Flare Blitz it should have at least been even.
4. Telepathy on Reshriam and Zekrom, This was okay but only because we haven't had a big Pokemon use Telepathy since Entei I think even though Entei wasn't real.
5. Again very basic storyline with perdictible events and more explaination of things which I liked overall nice movie voices were ok, still didn't like the fact they trolled us at the end with making us think Victini Died, one more thing No more barriers blocking Legends please, but yeah good Film 8/10

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Much like M13, I surprisingly enjoyed this movie much more than I thought I would. I'm kind of glad that Ash wasn't vital to the plot, and they just happened to stumble into the city, and even then, they only wanted to save Victini. My only problem is that Reshiram was summoned too late and didn't really do much to stop Zekrom. I also liked that the themes in this movie is more than just friendship, but also about ideals and truth (obv), loneliness and morality. Ash almost freezing to death was a great scene, and seeing the King of the Vale die on screen was a new level. I'm glad Victini got his wish.

The tournament opening with the full Black and White song was awesome.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Me too man, me too!

Wait, I'm confused. Doesn't Arceus from the 12th movie even count at all?

We're all grateful for that...

And I'm pretty sure he doesn't count 'cause he's God.