• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black: Victini & Reshiram (14)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I actually liked how Victini had the power to boost Ash's Pokemon. I liked seeing Tepig and Scraggy win their battles at the beginning of the film thanks to Victini's intervention cuz without Victini's help they would've ended up losing.

Ash losing wouldn't have changed much here, though. He would've met Victini regardless of if he had won or lost. I just hate how he won due to Victini's power-up, and not based on how strong Tepig was on his own...

zdbz_sn

When I went through these movies, I didn't do any research on the gimmick of Black/White, so I had no idea what it would turn out to be. I started with White, just 'cause, and then went on to Black. And my reaction was...

This is real, right? I’m not dealing with some bizarre super-glitch in iTunes that swaps around the two Dragon-types in White and then plays that in place of the real Black - they really did this?

I’m not gonna say it’s not an interesting experiment, but - try something like this out with two episodes, man! That’s a whole movie you wasted! With the money that represents, you could’ve done a 15th anniversary film. You could’ve done a big TV special that brought back old travelling companions. You could’ve forwarded the cash to the American dub so they could hire back Veronica Taylor and the rest of the old guard. You could’ve thrown a raging office party with top shelf sake. You could’ve done anything!

(And since I didn’t talk about it with White, allow me to say a piece on Ash’s near-death here: I know at that scene really gets some people, and that does seem an awful way to die, but I’m afraid it didn’t move me. That’s partly due to the lack of suspense; I know Ash lived on for other movies, and they’ve done this sort of fake-out several times already. But the scene also has the same problem as Pikachu’s death in Diancie; the means of fixing the problem appear too fast. No sooner has Ash blacked out than Victini instantly breaks out the fire. There’s no time for dread or grief to build, no chance for suspense, because there’s no pause between the moment of death/near-death and its resolution.)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I enjoyed the minor changes to the plot between this movie and its counterpart, such as the Buffron stampede opening scene and Dread using Reshiram and Lanculus. But whenever I think about this movie and the opposite one, the main thing that I always remember are the differences between them. It's just a shame that the plot and even Victini itself feel like secondary elements compared to the gimmick of the two movies.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Victini was kind of funny even though in the end it was the typical Mythical Pokemon in distress. When Ash almost froze to death, I almost shed a tear.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Victini was kind of funny even though in the end it was the typical Mythical Pokemon in distress.

Technically, most Legendary Pokemon in the movies are treated that way. What set Victini apart was that it could give strength to others, which was selfless in a way.

Cíconne

Banned
It bothered me how everyone seemed to ignore Golurk's suffering. He took on Zekrom all by himself twice, and when he dropped out of the sky like dead weight both times, no one so much as shed a tear.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I found this movie similar to the Zekrom one as if they were like different versions of Pokémon games. Similarly, I liked Victini's cute behaviour and as always found it quite distressing to find Victini being captured so that its power could be used to fly the castle. It was quite intense when Ash and Victini were trapped by the pillars while in space and it was a relief when Victini used V-create to destory the pillars and save Ash and itself. And I felt like that the tournament scenes were there to demonstrate Victini's abilities and made Ash's Pokémon very overpowered. And I don't recall the fact that a prize has been handed out ever, which kinda annoys me.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, Victini being the star of this movie seemed somewhat puzzling since Victini was the first Gen V Mythical Pokemon to be revealed, yet that happened a year before this movie came out. So by the time this movie premiered, Victini's novelty had worn off.

Denko Sekka

I really like this movie. Reshiram and Zekrom are amazing. Victini is adorable and cool. I love how the guy wasn't a true bad guy this time. 10/10 for me.

Same, the "villain" of this movie seemed less evil and just misunderstood kind of Zero from the Giratina movie only more extreme.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Denko Sekka said:
Same, the "villain" of this movie seemed less evil and just misunderstood kind of Zero from the Giratina movie only more extreme.

Misunderstood or not, his ploy ended up almost costing Satoshi his life when he nearly froze to death in the atmosphere.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
This movie ended up being really good compared to the first movie from the previous saga. I didn't like the whole two movies gimmick that was obviously meant to increase ticket sales, but this version of the movie was the better of the two. Victini was pretty cute and the fact that he could increase the strength of other Pokemon like when Ash was battling at the start of the movie was pretty freaking cool. Too bad Cilan and Iris didn't get to do anything important and Ash was glorified again.

Victini was cute and seeing Shiny Golurk was cool but other than that this movie sucked.
Why was their two versions.