• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black & White Collector's strat. guide. Does it include Dreamworld codes like Japan?

Dark()Shinobi

Silent Assassin
The title pretty much sums up my question. I decided for this game I was going to go back to the old ways of playing without a guide. Doing so with SS kind of took away from the mystery of finding stuff out for myself thus why I stopped using it.

But the new guide sounds so appealing! I know I can get all the info I ever really need from here at Serebii or other internet portals, but I've heard there are exclusive codes, at least in the japanese editions, that allow you to net older starter Poke's via dreamworld with special abilities.

Can anyone confirm that the english edition has this? I'm from Australia, and B&W comes out here in 4 days and I am so PUMPED!!!;366;

R_N

Going to guess a rousing "No" considering there's been nothing advertising the fact

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
In addition this thread might as well also serve as a guide discussion seeing one will likely occur sooner or later anyway.

Grei

not the color
I suppose we'll be able to tell you by tomorrow. I'm getting the guide, as I'm sure many others are.

noodlestrudels

Meh Trainer
I`m not getting the guide, it ruins the WONDERS OF DISCOVERYYYY.

*draws rainbow over head like spongebob*

kogawolfman

Alpha Mightyena
I want the collector's edition guide, but I want to see what's inside it.
If it just has a special cover, I can live without.

Thundercat2

I'm not getting it. I was EXTREAMLY dissappointed with the SS/HG guide. They spilt it into 2 volumes when they should have kept in 1. The day care is in Johto, so why isn't there a breeding guide in vol 1? What the.....?

.Mac

<-- ^_^;
Does anyone know what the difference is between the regular edition and the collectors edition? Is the Collector edition really worth the extra $10?

pokedon

Water raging sprite
I'm not getting it. I was EXTREAMLY dissappointed with the SS/HG guide. They spilt it into 2 volumes when they should have kept in 1. The day care is in Johto, so why isn't there a breeding guide in vol 1? What the.....?

wasn't the diamond/pearl guide the same way?

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
I suppose we'll be able to tell you by tomorrow. I'm getting the guide, as I'm sure many others are.

I'm getting the collectors guide as well. I doubt they will have DW codes tbh, but I could be wrong.

Cobalt_Latios

wasn't the diamond/pearl guide the same way?
It was. Platinum, on the other hand....

I intend to buy this tomorrow from amazon, then, in April, I'll pick up the Unova pokedex guide. That should cover me well enough.

/CL

captainpost

Does anyone know what the difference is between the regular edition and the collectors edition? Is the Collector edition really worth the extra $10?

The collecters Edition is hard cover with special removable lenticular cover art along with the walkthrough and the Unova pokedex.

The regular only comes with the walkthrough. yes that means the regular doesn't come with a pokedex. at least from what all the descriptions say.

and the pokedex for all 649 pokemon will be out in mid april. so they are sort of doing 2 guides again.

1: regular without unova pokedex/collectors with unova pokedex at release.
2: pokedex guide a month later.

so go with the collectors if you can.

Last edited:

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
The collector's edition is only really worth it because it's one of the only Hardcover editions of a Pokemon guide.

They are going to be coming out with a Second guide for the National Dex and post-game playthrough which is also worth a whole lot more than the first one. They've been doing two guides since Diamond and Pearl, and it's not about to stop. I find the that the first one isn't even worth the price they make you pay once Volume two comes out and it's four times as big for the same price.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
I get guides for art, Collecting purposes and for when I'm too lazy to go online.
They have their worth, though the internet outclasses them in a lot of ways.

-;248;

Stardust .

There's 3 different books coming out, so I'm wondering, is it worth getting them all? The Guide 1&2 and the Collectors edition?

myriada

Would've liked to get the collector's edition, but of course Europe doesn't get it, so I got the ordinary European guide instead.

Aegon

Amazon's dispatched Volume 1 of the guide, so it should come on Wednesday. I wanted to purchase the Collector's Edition, but Amazon.co.uk didn't have it available for pre-order.

aclover

VICTORiOUS
i got my guide on release on friday. not any codes from ehat i read,,, :(

Sakrey

Caring Career
If I recall right, the code for the Hoenn starters were in the guide book which provided info after beating the Elite Four, meaning the one with post-game info. And that would be the Volume 2.
So mayhaps we can hope that they will include the code for the american/european/australian release of the volume 2 ?

Edit: Oh well. Too bad then.

Last edited: