• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black2/White2 Pokemon Special Speculation Thread

Rex Kamex

It does say that... but.............. I still don't see Kusaka making new characters when there are already two with both similar names and simlar looks. The new ones look like the B/W protagonists with a veeeeey different type of fashion sense... and different eyes.... the former being excused by the two-year timeskip I think'll happen in the manga.

Even if Hilda and Hilbert appear in B2/W2 (and they might, in imitation of G/S/C)... I feel like that lack of interaction between Black, White, and the two new protagonist characters in this manga would be a small price to pay for making it easier to write the manga (by using less characters).

..... I still think Gray/Grey is the most likely name for the rival (as another "easy way out" thing), although like I said, Game Freak can call a future main game (I don't mean in this generation) "Gray" because... they haven't used it so far. Doesn't mean Game Freak has to... and I think it's a low chance.

Spider-Phoenix said:
Anyway, I wonder how Kusada is going to handle the time skip. I mean, he already have a running arc. Will he give it a closure and "time skip" or will he attempt to keep going with the arc while doing the time skip.

Oh no... VIZ!!!

Even without the B/W saga booklets being released by VIZ, I hope the first B2/W2 chapters aren't released in June, the same months as the games. The first chapters published for the B/W saga were published in the Pokemon Fan issue that came out the same day as the games Pokemon B/W. The D/P saga started in the magazines a couple of months after the games were released in Japan. I believe Platinum was as well. I think Hg/Ss was the same.

Due to the graphic novel releases. I'm hoping that 2013, especially, is a graphic novel speed-up year in Japan (assuming there aren't many magazine-to-graphic-novel changes for the B/W saga chapters already released). Then again it wouldn't be too hard to increase the rate of Adventures graphic novels released in 2011. =D

ReiZerou

While I kind of want new characters to the story, it would be pretty amazing to have 16-year-old Black and White to be the stars of the new arc and rock new clothes. But even if they weren't the main characters I don't think they wouldn't make an appearance in Adventures, since they are still from the same reagion. It would be awful and not like Kusaka and Yamamoto at all.

But it really is a problem that we don't have enough names. It would be bad if the new guys were called Black2 and White2. While colors and minerals can be names without problem, I don't believe anyone would accept a number in their name, not even in Pokémon. Ok well, if your father is a scientist and he clones you after you passed on then it's completely possible, since that has actually happened. But that wouldn't be like Adventures at all.

I think the finale of BW arc leads to the situation of BW2 and then they try to fix it in the new arc. Now I'm really excited of how the BW arc will end.

judging by the scans I think the gyms that are gonna be replaced are the first 2 the trio and Lenora's one..

Back to topic..

It would be silly to see black and white dress up like that :p but it would also give kusaka and yamamoto fewer problems in making new names and more characters...

im also curious on what might happen to both black and white XD after the two year timeskip in BW2's arc :p

Donpo137

I'd rather see the rival/N/new character be the focus of the b/w2 arc and black and white get new clothes as supporting characters. Adding new protagonists would be too much. Like people have been saying, it depends if hilbert/hilda are in the game like red in gsc, but it would be the easiest less confusing way to go. It sorta works out too that if the rival gets oshawott, then there would be two sets of starters

Tepig- Black and White/N
Snivy White and Cheren
Oshawott- Rival and Bianca

As for the story a rescue arc would be interesting with the rival going to save black and white/ gym leaders/elite four from the ice/Team Plasma but it would be even more interesting to me if the rivals goal was to go beat black, similar to black's goal to win the championship.

Zevol

They could go with the Yellow Arc route, so they can link the current BW story with the new one. A character (say Adeku or Black) meets the new characters in the current story and gives some sort of advice to the new children that makes them want to have their own adventures. I do agree, though, that the story could benefit from Kusaka taking liberties with the plot.

Rex Kamex

It would be nice if someone somewhere asked Kusaka how he learns of game knowledge. Merely by playing it, and/or learning certain things beforehand? Etc.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
I don't see the point of making new characters. There's really nothing they can do that Black and White can't do as long as Kusaka is creative. Considering BW's plot would probably be connected to BW2's it'll actually be sorta of pointless to go through the trouble of adding new characters, struggling with the names, and whatnot when Kusaka can use the chance to greater development Black, White, and all the other characters. After all, an adaptation doesn't have to adapt everything when the story is already basically borrowing ideas and running with them.

I say just give Black and White new clothes and pretend the new characters are unimportant and just give them a minor role. Maybe the new rival can be the bad guy depending if N changes sides before the end of BW. I really hope it won't be something like the Yellow arc again.

Even without the B/W saga booklets being released by VIZ, I hope the first B2/W2 chapters aren't released in June, the same months as the games. The first chapters published for the B/W saga were published in the Pokemon Fan issue that came out the same day as the games Pokemon B/W. The D/P saga started in the magazines a couple of months after the games were released in Japan. I believe Platinum was as well. I think Hg/Ss was the same.

I don't think the chapters will be since Kusaka would want to play the games to figure out what's new and what could be interesting for a story. Not even the magazine companies would be stupid of enough to rush chapters like that... I hope.

EDIT: Well, I stand corrected... Here's to hoping Kusaka isn't pushed to spit out BW2 so soon.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
It would be nice if someone somewhere asked Kusaka how he learns of game knowledge. Merely by playing it, and/or learning certain things beforehand? Etc.

Considering how a BW2 manga has already been announced, it's fairly obvious that these people get info early.

lolipiece

Staff member
Really? Where? and when?

The CoroCoro leaks showed one.

I hope you don't think I'm talking about a Pokemon Adventures BW2...cause I'm not.

matt0044

I'm guessing Kusaka gets the info earlier but isn't allowed to fully reveal them himself for obvious reasons. If that's the case, then maybe the Shadow Triad really are...

Ludger

スポック
I'm guessing Kusaka gets the info earlier but isn't allowed to fully reveal them himself for obvious reasons. If that's the case, then maybe the Shadow Triad really are...

Really, if this theory will like the first silver theory I would love to hear it

lolipiece

Staff member
You know, I just had a thought.

Since this manga has a HORRIBLE release schedule that seriously dampers its ability to adapt the games until chapters are published in a volume format, I just realized...

BW2 is a sequel instead of a third version! That means no extra content since it takes place in the future.

This means that there doesn't have to be moments that get changed or added into the volumes! This means the story can go on unaltered. Yes. this makes it so much easier since we don't have to wait several years for extra plot twists and junk.

Maxim

Beyond repair
There is one thing that could excuse characters named Black-2 and White-2.

Androids.

matt0044

Personally, the female protagonist (I'm nicknaming her "Bunny." Try and guess why) should be the star of PokeSpe's BW2 chapter.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Personally, the female protagonist (I'm nicknaming her "Bunny." Try and guess why) should be the star of PokeSpe's BW2 chapter.

I bet I know why if a certain moon is involved. If not then I got nothing. I wouldn't mind if she was the main start since only two females have really taken the lead role, them being Yellow and Platinum. Crystal is half and half. Assuming White2 even appears.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions

Androids.

I was thinking evil clones, myself. We haven't had those yet.

matt0044

I bet I know why if a certain moon is involved. If not then I got nothing. I wouldn't mind if she was the main start since only two females have really taken the lead role, them being Yellow and Platinum. Crystal is half and half. Assuming White2 even appears.

Yep. You guessed the right reference.

Rex Kamex

Considering how a BW2 manga has already been announced, it's fairly obvious that these people get info early.

I saw that and forgot about that one. Still, we don't know who gets what info whenever.

Ludger

スポック

Androids.

How about someone from the future or past. That would be perfect