• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black2/White2 Pokemon Special Speculation Thread

Matenshi

The whole "Black 2" and "White 2" thing was already stupid enough with the games, but it's gonna be even worse for Special...

The only things I can think of for the new characters that would keep the tradition of the main characters representing the games are varying degrees of stupid.

1) They're altered clones of Black and White like Mewtwo.

2) They're other people who happen to be named "Black" and "White" as well.

3) They're named the words for black and white in another language. Which would kinda be cheating, as well as being kind of silly since they're from the one region based on the US.

Number two is probably the lesser of three evils, but it's still not a good situation. I really wish they'd just change the freaking names of these games.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
--^ They could also be codenames.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
It's highly unlikely that they'll be called Black 2 and White 2.

It makes zero sense. And that clone thing you guys keep talking is absurd. Especially in this kind of manga....

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
2) They're other people who happen to be named "Black" and "White" as well.

This seems an interesting and somewhat reasonable bet.

There could even be a running gag with some villain nicknaming them "Black 2" and "White 2" just to piss them of. It'd be a way to use the "2" in the names without it being an actual part of the name.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I don't think they'll be clones. But if not Black2 and White2 what else would you call them? Will Kusaka finally make main protagonist with original names? Or simply stick Black and White in the new clothes? I mean to be honest I kinda like the new boy and girl the more I look at them and would enjoy them in Special but how this will work. I'm even more curious about the rivals? And the starters. So many questions to be answered.

thekorean

**** this ****. If they were gonna give new professor and new starting town why not just ****ing make a new region. With all new gym leaders.

**** this. I want some consistencies with my Pokemon games.

****ing ridiculous.

Rex Kamex

They can't just make up something. The name Gray isn't used in the new games.

Not in the game titles, but for all we know the word "gray/grey" could be mentioned many times in these games (like N mentioned gray in a point he made in Chargestone Cave).

Which, imo, could help Kusaka if he decided to name the rival "Gray."

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

In my opinion they will just name the new characters "Black" and "White." Maybe the boy will be called "White" and the girl "Black" just so things don't get confusing.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
**** this ****. If they were gonna give new professor and new starting town why not just ****ing make a new region. With all new gym leaders.

**** this. I want some consistencies with my Pokemon games.

****ing ridiculous.

Wrong section. Go complain somewhere else.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
In my opinion they will just name the new characters "Black" and "White." Maybe the boy will be called "White" and the girl "Black" just so things don't get confusing.

It will still be confusing and people will simply call them White(boy) and Black(girl) which can be just as annoying as Black2 and White2 to be honest.

Ludger

スポック
WAIT, if there is another character, Where the old character will be?

And another thing. They always add new villains in this manga, who could it be?

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
It's highly unlikely that they'll be called Black 2 and White 2.

It makes zero sense. And that clone thing you guys keep talking is absurd. Especially in this kind of manga....

How so? It's not that far out in the realm of possibility. They're technology advanced enough to make a freaking pokemon clone with little DNA. Magic exists via pokemon and a ~magical~ forest. If they can make a clone of Myuutwo and have people with special powers, they can make human clones.

Naturally, the most sensible solution is just to put the old characters in new clothes. But, considering fans might whine and moan, the next best solution is to do something that's actually different and interesting. And there's not a lot of room to work with if he wants to keep certain patterns.

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

Naturally, the most sensible solution is just to put the old characters in new clothes. But, considering fans would probably whine and moan,

Fans on this forum? Fans in Japan? Where does this guess come from?

Fake Psychic said:
And another thing. They always add new villains in this manga, who could it be?

We don't even know who are the villains in Black 2 and White 2. There might be enough villain characters not to need new important villain characters this arc. But we'll see of course.

Last edited:

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Fans on this forum? Fans in Japan? Where does this guess come from?

Pokemon fans, in general. Just factoring it some of the complaints/disappointment concerning the whole Kotone-Crystal thing, the natural popularity of main protags, and the cuteness of the female one that will have Japanese fans running towards their computer to start invoking Rule 34. Plus, the mindset the Japanese have when it comes to Pokemon games (each character is different, for instance) the Japanese fans might not be a-okay with the decision to not include the new protags. I don't think it'll be a huge fuss, but it is something Kusaka has to keep in mind since it could happen. Kotone was from a remake, so he could get away with not including her, but these sequels seem to be just as important as the main games, so it could be a lot harder.

But, in the end... it is just a measly guess, haha. I don't know much of about the Japanese PokeSpe fandom; they could be quite laid-back and not care.

Last edited:

Matenshi

I don't have a problem with the idea of cloning personally, especially considering the series has already had it. Thing is... Mewtwo made sense. Why the hell would anyone clone Black and White?

Not to mention it would be pretty crappy plot-wise, tbh. Mewtwo works as a character, but having clones of pre-existing protagonists? There's maybe a few interesting things you could do with it, but overall it would just be dumb.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I could see Blazing appearing as his own character in his own right, not sure about Sparkle. They basically looks like White and Black with different clothes and hairstyles.

Last edited:

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
I seriously doubt that Kusaka will name them Black2 and White2.
The "change of clothes" theory makes more sense that cloning. As for the Rival i think he will name him Grey as in some sort of code name.

Zevol

If the new characters do appear, what starter Pokémon (assuming they get one) will they have?

Supposing Kusaka follows the protagonist cycle, the new male trainer will probably get Oshawott.

Another possibility is that other characters will give them different Pokémon to start their journey ( this seems to happen at least once in every gen lol)

Last edited:

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
I don't have a problem with the idea of cloning personally, especially considering the series has already had it. Thing is... Mewtwo made sense. Why the hell would anyone clone Black and White?

Not to mention it would be pretty crappy plot-wise, tbh. Mewtwo works as a character, but having clones of pre-existing protagonists? There's maybe a few interesting things you could do with it, but overall it would just be dumb.

That's a good question, but a better one is who would actually do it.

You gotta explain this to me. How does Myuutwo work better and how would human clones be dumb?

Why wouldn't they just name the rival whatever his name is in the games?

Yes. Gray would probably end up as an OC at this rate... if a Gray version ever comes out.