• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black2/White2 Pokemon Special Speculation Thread

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
They can't give him the name he has in the games because the rival must be named.

e9310103838

They can't give him the name he has in the games because the rival must be named.

Well......

The players and river must be named, but they usually have to choose a name, like Barry, Lyra, Hilda, Hilbert......etc. also are.

Although I don't think SP will give them these names. ;394;

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
Originally posted by e9310103838
Well......

The players and river must be named, but they usually have to choose a name, like Barry, Lyra, Hilda, Hilbert......etc. also are.

Although I don't think SP will give them these names.

True. Actually, both Hilda & Hilbert are fan names like Jagura & Stroc from Carr & Sird. You also got Cheren & Bianca. There is so much names going on. Plus, that new rival is not Cheren.

The game states it's 3 years after Black & White, so I'm guessing Hilbert or Hilda are somewhere unknown. And both Cheren and Binaca can be a choice after the elite four. But for the Manga, I have no idea.

lolipiece

Staff member
True. Actually, both Hilda & Hilbert are fan names like Jagura & Stroc from Carr & Sird. You also got Cheren & Bianca. There is so much names going on. Plus, that new rival is not Cheren.

The game states it's 3 years after Black & White, so I'm guessing Hilbert or Hilda are somewhere unknown. And both Cheren and Binaca can be a choice after the elite four. But for the Manga, I have no idea.

1. Hilda and Hilbert are not fan names. There's a point where you can encounter the opposite player character and they will introduce themself by those names.

2. It's 2 years, actually.

Shadow Jirachi

I speculate that Black and White will just get the new protagonists' clothing. A bit like how Crystal got Lyra's clothing and Blue/Green (girl) got Leaf's clothing and whatever.
But this PokéSpe, who knows what plotline/whatever they'll create.

Chippy348

Pokedex Holder
I think there won't be new protagonist, they will probably keep the old 1 will new clothes.
Maybe be the arc will about White Kyurem and Black Kyurem is going to bring Earth into Ice Age again and all Pokedex Holder will fight together and beat those bastard...

e9310103838

I think there won't be new protagonist, they will probably keep the old 1 will new clothes.
Maybe be the arc will about White Kyurem and Black Kyurem is going to bring Earth into Ice Age again and all Pokedex Holder will fight together and beat those bastard...

In short, we will have the new rival is confirmed. ;131;

Orbis

What?
I speculate that Black and White will just get the new protagonists' clothing. A bit like how Crystal got Lyra's clothing and Blue/Green (girl) got Leaf's clothing and whatever.
But this PokéSpe, who knows what plotline/whatever they'll create.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I think they'll just get the new clothing. But who knows, I think Kusaka could maybe give two new characters original names. It's certainly a possibilty, and Kusaka keep surprising me with what he does. But I think the former is more likely that anything else. And the people who say things like "Oh, they'll be codenames!" or "Oh, they're robots!", I give you this!

*faicpalm*

Bionickai001

Hive Trainer
The way I see it, Black and White will get new clothes. This new rival will become a Pokedex holder to join Black, White, Bianca, and Cheren. Throw N in there and that leaves a multiple of three and thus each starter will be used by two people. Honestly, having four characters in a game really screwed up the starters for this saga.

e9310103838

I do not mind Black and White get the new clothes.

I do mind that White will greatly change her hairstyle......

We do not even know whether Hilbert and Hilda will appear in the BW2. ;313;

Ludger

スポック
I think Bianca and Cheren will retired as a pokedex holders like in the storyline(Bianca helping Juniper inside lab and Cheren sole training in Victory road). And I have an interesting theory. What if the main character is a villain or at least an ex-villain(like in DPA), that would make the storyline better I think.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
I do mind that White will greatly change her hairstyle.....

Black changing his hairstyle would be even worse considering the new male protag's hairstyle is awful. I rather them keep their hairstyles even if Kusaka would have to keep the old hats.

I think Bianca and Cheren will retired as a pokedex holders like in the storyline(Bianca helping Juniper inside lab and Cheren sole training in Victory road). And I have an interesting theory. What if the main character is a villain or at least an ex-villain(like in DPA), that would make the storyline better I think.

I like those ideas. Belle is better off helping the Professor or being a Gym Leader anyways and maybe Cheren could be in the E4 (or even a stand-in Champion). Yeah, but who would be a villain? N already sorta did that, so I think it shouldn't be the new rival unless he ends up more evil than N...

Ludger

スポック
Yeah, but who would be a villain? N already sorta did that, so I think it shouldn't be the new rival unless he ends up more evil than N...

Well, like in the storyline. N leaves and new villains is appeared every chapter (I would suggest an OC's).

e9310103838

I found that some one in the official net asked Kusaka what's the next female main character's personality.

Kusaka answer maybe look likely well girl, suddenly, surprised to reverse......

This may explain the new female main character will not be White dress.(including male main character)

Although we have not solved the name problem...... ;044;

arawn

^
So we will get 3 new chars . Oops . Too much for a generation . Anyway , i want they are still Black and White with new clothes and maybe Kusaka trolling us . :)

lolipiece

Staff member
^
So we will get 3 new chars . Oops . Too much for a generation . Anyway , i want they are still Black and White with new clothes and maybe Kusaka trolling us . :)

Um, Red, Blue, and Green.

Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

Too much? How?

Ludger

スポック
Um, Red, Blue, and Green.

Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

Too much? How?

Forgot to mention Yellow, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald. Well, you should check my theories because that's the only creative ideas I got so the storyline will be unique. Pokemon Special mainly focused on character developement so I really waited for their characteristic.

lolipiece

Staff member
Forgot to mention Yellow, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald. Well, you should check my theories because that's the only creative ideas I got so the storyline will be unique. Pokemon Special mainly focused on character developement so I really waited for their characteristic.

No I didn't.

The user I quoted said three characters is too much for a gen.

Yellow and Emerald started their journeys alone. And the Ruby & Sapphire chapter had two Dex Holders.

Rex Kamex

"Three new characters." In addition to the protagonists already in this generation.

e9310103838 said:
Kusaka answer maybe look likely well girl, suddenly, surprised to reverse......

Does that mean she starts off acting one way but then starts to act the opposite... really different?

Because to me she could still be White with a (at least somewhat) changed personality that could've happened between the story now and in two years (which I'm sure will happen in the manga too). Not thinking she'll be as outgoing as Black is in this saga though.