• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black2/White2 Pokemon Special Speculation Thread

Rex Kamex

^ That's for the anime again.

ninja'd

Alrighty so I guess the chances of Black2 and White2 being their own characters just got higher!

Wait... how come?

MonkeyX

Why do I have a feeling that the B/W 2 chapter will be pretty much the greatest thing ever? Because it probably will be, I can't wait to see how this all ties together.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
And to e9310103838 I would love to see Red and the other Dexholders in their older ages. The Kanto and Johto gang would be adults, and the Hoenn and Sinnoh groups would be teenagers. I would love to see them all together for some big tournament. This could be the ultimate Dexholder reunion many of us all wanted us to see. Add in Gym Leaders from the past and this could be the best chapter ever...if done right of course. I can't wait for the 11th chapter if that's what it is.

Key words right there. As interesting as a big tournament will be, I have to wonder what place and purpose would it have. There has to be a darn good reason why all the Dexholders have to go especially when half of them aren't battlers and thus wouldn't be all that interested. As for adding the GLs, that will be a lot of characters for Kusaka to handle. Nonetheless, I'm curious to see what he plans to do with the BW2 arc. It would be a good time to get the reunion over with.

I'm probably the only one, but your posts have made me realize the problem with aging characters. In hindsight, aging the characters all the time kinda sucks... Maybe Kusaka can stop aging the Kanto trio now.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Key words right there. As interesting as a big tournament will be, I have to wonder what place and purpose would it have. There has to be a darn good reason why all the Dexholders have to go especially when half of them aren't battlers and thus wouldn't be all that interested. As for adding the GLs, that will be a lot of characters for Kusaka to handle. Nonetheless, I'm curious to see what he plans to do with the BW2 arc. It would be a good time to get the reunion over with.

I'm probably the only one, but your posts have made me realize the problem with aging characters. In hindsight, aging the characters all the time kinda sucks... Maybe Kusaka can stop aging the Kanto trio now.

Aw, it will be a long time before Red becomes a old man. They'll probably officially retire him from the series before he becomes the senile old "Get off my lawn!" old man stereotype. Aging for me is good. It makes the characters feel like they really have experience on their side when they return and guide younger Dexholders and stuff.

xXdArKvOidXx

Sceptile Slayer
I don't really have a prob. with aging charcters.

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
Originally posted by monkeyx
Why do I have a feeling that the B/W 2 chapter will be pretty much the greatest thing ever? Because it probably will be, I can't wait to see how this all ties together.

I think it's possible that they're bringing the old classics back with the Gym Leaders and the Champions. Strange though, why isn't the Elite Four coming to town or the old Rivals we love so much?

Originally posted by Evilchibi_pichu

Let's see, for BW2, I'm guess since the years are passing by, then they must be adults by now. I just hope they reappear again during the BW2 along the other three Pokedex holds of Sinnoh that didn't get to meet with the original 13 Poke Dex Holders.

Originally posted by Platinum fan.
Aw, it will be a long time before Red becomes a old man. They'll probably officially retire him from the series before he becomes the senile old "Get off my lawn!" old man stereotype. Aging for me is good. It makes the characters feel like they really have experience on their side when they return and guide younger Dexholders and stuff.

Why yes. Yes it does. And we also get to see Red's wife (if possible) and perhaps some Kids, and Grandkids. Congratulations, Red :) You are the father and the grandfather.

Wait, I just realized. What about Black and White? Where are they in the BW2 arc? I already know N is no longer around (instead missing for being scarred by Gheists), Cheren becomes the Gym Leader and Bianca becomes the Professor for Juniper, but where in Zucion did Black and White go? If Black becomes the Champion...no wait, Alder is still Champion. Do you think he'll (Black) get the same Final-Final Boss Red was and White becomes the Movie Maker? Sounds bizzare.

Rex Kamex

You said "I'm probably the only one" but I still feel like saying... Stopping their aging, to me, would make things more awkward than if they kept aging. The older Dex holders aren't the ones with the main spotlight anyway.

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

I don't think aging will be a problem as long as the old characters don't take the spotlight. Besides, 20-somethings usually look like teenagers in manga. It's not like Red and Green will suddenly become bearded muscle men or anything.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Unless we get another Kanto remake game or Johto one I doubt we'll see Red and friends in the main staring role again. Since they rarely make appearances anymore, aging them isn't that bad. Though from that HGSS screenshot of Green he looked pretty well for a guy about to enter his twenties if he hadn't already. Still looked pretty young by my book as well.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions

Yeah, but at this rate then next 2 times Kantou games get remade, we just might have grandpa!Red, grandpa!Green, and grandma!Blue. D: I agree about the benefits of aging, I just think that maybe the way Kusaka aged them wasn't go for a long-running series. At this rate, they'll be in their 30s and retiring pretty soon. I think it would of been better if they aged slow. For instance, rather than a year or more between arcs, it could of been months to a few years. That way the Dexholders could last longer as needed.

You said "I'm probably the only one" but I still feel like saying... Stopping their aging, to me, would make things more awkward than if they kept aging. The older Dex holders aren't the ones with the main spotlight anyway.

How so? And I was using the Kantou trio as an example, but all the Dexholders could have the same problem as time goes on. And besides since they aren't in the main spotlight they don't really need to age a lot, do they? Forever young, I say!

I don't think aging will be a problem as long as the old characters don't take the spotlight. Besides, 20-somethings usually look like teenagers in manga. It's not like Red and Green will suddenly become bearded muscle men or anything.

Is it wrong that I suddenly want to see this? I'm not thinking about them just being 20s. But, how they will be in the future and the effects that that will have their personalities. The 20s aren't the problem. It's always the 30s and 40s. And what would happen if there was another remake then?

Maybe I should say that aging is just a potential problem in the future. I know some people don't care too much, but it's the thought of them soon being middle-aged bothers me.

Last edited:

Jade

Myuu...
Suppose I'll state my own speculation.

1) HK & SY would pull out a Crystal on us...As in when HGSS comes in, they will give them new clothing with new hairstyles etc, as they will be 2 years older than BW1. Black with spikey hair, would be nice.

2) N would be missing after something happened in BW1.

3) Most important character would return.

4) Bianca and Cheren would return to help out Black and White to chase down something.... Like Kyurem's overdrive forms or something

5) White would take part in alot of PokeWood, seeing her starting background is filming etc.

6) Black would aim for the World Tournament and explore the eastern side as well as southwest side.

7) Keldeo/Melotta would have an important role I guess, so is the new formes of the cloud trio...

8) Anything else, I dunno cauz I don't think there anything I would need to say....

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Either the chapter just goes on and it will still be considered BW or Kusaka will go with the anime and game's naming way and name the chapter BW2.
Either way i think Black and White will just change clothes.

The rival name is what keeps me wondering what it's going to be...Gray?

Ronflex

There whole "New Clothes" thing depends on just one point: will Black and White have a role in BW2 games? If yes, there's no reason to make the cloth change.
I really don't matter about this, anyway, I loved Crystal character in the manga and i really love Lyra design so Crystal character+Lyra design was the best thing I could ask for. I don't know White's personality because i read the Chuang Yi version and i never read about her, I just WANT the White 2 design because i like it: wether on White or on a brand-new character really doesn't matter.
I'm really really looking forward to this World Tournament thing. Even the anime will use BW2 to bring old characters on the scene, why not Pokéspe which is famous for this? If there are the Ol' guys in the games you can bet they will be as well in Pokéspe. This will be the final linking event, because after the Emerald Arc we had a few plots unrelated each other, and this is not what I like.

EDIT: about the names (in the case of new protagonists, obv) I think they will be "Black" and "White" and there will be some little funny dialogues in which Black or whoever decides to call them "2" to remark they are newbie.
"What's your name?" "Black!" "...I AM Black. You will be... Black 2" "Black 2?!? It doesn't make sense at all!" "It does! Any better idea?" "Ok, but why am I the 2? Can't you be?" "I'm the pro".

Last edited:

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
There whole "New Clothes" thing depends on just one point: will Black and White have a role in BW2 games? If yes, there's no reason to make the cloth change.
I really don't matter about this, anyway, I loved Crystal character in the manga and i really love Lyra design so Crystal character+Lyra design was the best thing I could ask for. I don't know White's personality because i read the Chuang Yi version and i never read about her, I just WANT the White 2 design because i like it: wether on White or on a brand-new character really doesn't matter.
I'm really really looking forward to this World Tournament thing. Even the anime will use BW2 to bring old characters on the scene, why not Pokéspe which is famous for this? If there are the Ol' guys in the games you can bet they will be as well in Pokéspe. This will be the final linking event, because after the Emerald Arc we had a few plots unrelated each other, and this is not what I like.

EDIT: about the names (in the case of new protagonists, obv) I think they will be "Black" and "White" and there will be some little funny dialogues in which Black or whoever decides to call them "2" to remark they are newbie.
"What's your name?" "Black!" "...I AM Black. You will be... Black 2" "Black 2?!? It doesn't make sense at all!" "It does! Any better idea?" "Ok, but why am I the 2? Can't you be?" "I'm the pro".

You're right. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Black and White have a role like Bianca and Cheren...If so then the new protagonists most likely will appear.

And if they bring old characters in that chapter, i'd like to see Agatha again, because now that i think about it, we never found out what happened to her after the Yellow chapter and all the other E4 members appeared later.

Ronflex

You're right. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Black and White have a role like Bianca and Cheren...If so then the new protagonists most likely will appear.

And if they bring old characters in that chapter, i'd like to see Agatha again, because now that i think about it, we never found out what happened to her after the Yellow chapter and all the other E4 members appeared later.
Agatha was the older one... let's guess why she didn't appear again.
ohmaster.jpg

pocket Ace

Go with Gravity
Oak, Pryce, Day care couple, and Kurt were the same age. They were shown to be alive after her. And I'm pretty sure that they're going to keep Oak around for a while, so she doesn't necessarily have to be dead.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oak, Pryce, Day care couple, and Kurt were the same age. They were shown to be alive after her. And I'm pretty sure that they're going to keep Oak around for a while, so she doesn't necessarily have to be dead.

So? Not everyone lives the same.

You'd think all that poison would get to her.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
Agatha was the older one... let's guess why she didn't appear again.
View attachment 4411

Hahaha that picture made me almost fall of my bed.

I really want to know what Kusaka has stored for us. BW2 is a promising game and I am sure the arc will be epic too. I think the main ficus will be the tournament, but the other new places will also appear. maybe team Plasma has captured Kyurem and plans to use the Pokemon in the tournament for some kinda of scheme of them and the striaton trio shadow triad are send as spies?

Last edited: