• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Blast from the past

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Between boredom and nostalgia I'm going to put down competitive battling for a while and remind myself what Pokemon is really all about. I'm rebuilding the first team I ever made on the original Pokemon Red! Except this will be on Soulsilver and it will be tweaked a little. Assume all the natures are neutral or beneficiary. **** EVs,I'm having fun.

Gengar@Black Sludge

Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Hypnosis

Pretty sure that moveset isn't what I used on Red lol but its probably a lot better. Also,he is evolved now since on Red all I had was Haunter.

Pidgeot@Sitrus Berry

Featherdance
Return
Fly
Roost

Yes he is supposed to be outclassed and terrible but I don't care I loved him all the same in RBY. Except i actually tried to make him a team player this time. Don't suggest Brave Bird. Fly is good in game because they never switch.

Alakazam@Wise Glasses/Choice specs

Psychic
Energy ball
Shadow ball
Focus Blast

I thought I might get a little creative with this Alakazam by utilizing its great movepool,all I had in RBY was Kadabra though...

Dragonite@Life Orb?

Fire Blast(eventually Fire Punch)
Dragon claw/Outrage
Dragon Dance
Surf

Basically just set up and sweep. Simple. Don't ***** about Surf I don't have an HM slave.

Raichu@Shuca Berry?

Thunderbolt
Nasty Plot
Grass Knot
Substitute/Focus Blast

Hey,he's cute. Nuff said.

Tauros@Leftovers/Choice Band

Return
Zen headbutt
Stone Edge
earthquake.

Wtf? Yeah he isn't Charizard as states by my sig but unfortunately he isn't available before the e4 and i didn't feel like using a starter,so who better of a replacement than the king of RBY?

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Shadow Ball over Recover on Alakazam

1. Potions do exist in-game
2. Alakazam is too frail for Recover

Dragon Claw over Outrage on D-Nite
If you're DD-ing AND have LO as hold item, DC is enough.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Shadow Ball over Recover on Alakazam

1. Potions do exist in-game
2. Alakazam is too frail for Recover

Dragon Claw over Outrage on D-Nite
If you're DD-ing AND have LO as hold item, DC is enough.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Here's a Gengar set:

Gengar Timid Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Hypnosis
-T-Bolt

Emeraldfan

Between boredom and nostalgia I'm going to put down competitive battling for a while and remind myself what Pokemon is really all about. I'm rebuilding the first team I ever made on the original Pokemon Red! Except this will be on Soulsilver and it will be tweaked a little. Assume all the natures are neutral or beneficiary. **** EVs,I'm having fun.

Gengar@Black Sludge

Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Fight]
Hypnosis

Pretty sure that moveset isn't what I used on Red lol but its probably a lot better. Also,he is evolved now since on Red all I had was Haunter.
HP Fight for coverage. If you want to, you can use focus miss

Pidgeot@Sitrus Berry

Roost
Return
Fly
U Turn

Yes he is supposed to be outclassed and terrible but I don't care I loved him all the same in RBY. Except i actually tried to make him a team player this time. Don't suggest Brave Bird. Fly is good in game because they never switch.
Roost is nice for recovery.

Alakazam@Wise Glasses

Psychic
Energy Ball
Calm Mind
Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Fight]

I thought I might get a little creative with this Alakazam by having him slow down the opposition. In RBY all I had was Kadabra though...
CM if you can. Energy Ball for ground types, your team needs some moves for them :)

Dragonite@Life Orb?

Fire Blast(eventually Fire Punch)
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Surf

Basically just set up and sweep. Simple. Don't ***** about Surf I don't have an HM slave.
Dragon Claw will do

Raichu@Shuca Berry?

Thunderbolt
Nasty Plot
Grass Knot
Focus Blast

Hey,he's cute. Nuff said.

Tauros@Leftovers/Choice Band

Return
Zen headbutt
Stone Edge
earthquake.

Wtf? Yeah he isn't Charizard as states by my sig but unfortunately he isn't available before the e4 and i didn't feel like using a starter,so who better of a replacement than the king of RBY?
Guess he's fine.

10charlimt

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Made changes

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Better set fir gengar IMO

Gengar Brave Nature
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater
-Thunder
-Shadow Ball

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
No, dream eater is a bad move so don't use it. use Focus blast over it still. And thunderbolt is more reliable.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
AH yes I forgot thunderbolt. Yeah use the Thunderbolt it is more accurate but also DONT put Focus Blast over Dream Eater... Thats just a no..

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Better set fir gengar IMO

Gengar Brave Nature
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater
-Thunder
-Shadow Ball

1. Brave is useless on Gengar. One of the WORST nature for Gengar, in fact.

2. Dream Eater is unreliable because you never know when your opponent will wakes up. Especially if the foe is faster. Focus Blast is better because it at least gives Gengar a WIDE coverage.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
1. Brave is useless on Gengar. One of the WORST nature for Gengar, in fact.

2. Dream Eater is unreliable because you never know when your opponent will wakes up. Especially if the foe is faster. Focus Blast is better because it at least gives Gengar a WIDE coverage.

You still lose time with JAWS? Forget him.
Also, Focus Blast rarely hits, its not better a HP Ice or fighting? I don't know you, but i don't like Focus Blast...
The moveset i think for Gengar was
Gengar@Wise glass
-T bolt
-Hidden power Ice
-Shadow ball
-Focus Blast.
I don't like Hypnosis without Dream eater...

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Well, getting a certain type of Hidden Power AND the right Nature on it is harder than getting Focus Blast on it, but if the OP is willing to do it, yeah HP is better.