• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Blastoise Moveset

Mr_Confused

The Ultimate
Ok i need a blastoise moveset that doesnt require me to breed because i have a shiny one with a hardy nature and good ivs that i would like to use

i was thinking something like
Surf
Ice Beam
Toxic
Counter/Protect

Last edited:

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Surf and Ice Beam are fine, but change the rest. It should look something like this:

Blastoise@lefties
Bold / Calm Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Counter / Mirror Coat

Bold if using Counter, Calm for Mirror Coat.

~Frost

Mr_Confused

The Ultimate
Frost Nova said:
Surf and Ice Beam are fine, but change the rest. It should look something like this:

Blastoise@lefties
Bold / Calm Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Counter / Mirror Coat

Bold if using Counter, Calm for Mirror Coat.

~Frost

not trying to be mean or anything but did you even read my post because i have a hardy natured shiny squirtle that im going to use and i can get mirror coat.

Shichiro

pokemon
Hardy nature is bad. Never use neutral natures. Try again, please, and use the natures Frost suggested.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
It is shiny, so he doesn't want any other nature, got it? And he said no egg moves, and Mirror Coat is an egg move for Squirtle. Seriously, sometimes I question the attention span of you guys...

Anyways, I would say

Blastoise@Leftovers
252 HP, 196 SDef, 60 Def
Surf
Ice Beam
Counter
Toxic/Rest\
^Good In-Game moveset if you can't get egg moves.

Rainy_Day

Swimmer
People never read my posts in RMT topics either, they just head on over to smogon and suggest all the standard sets, ignoring my particular statements/issues/situations :|.

Chaos' set is probably the best one. You could potentially go with Toxic, Rapid Spin, or even Roar (if you need a phazer) over Counter. Definitely have Rest on him though.

Since it's hardy, you could potentially do a mixed sweeper as well if you wanted, going with Earthquake over Counter and putting more EPs into Atk. Of course, in the current generation, this set doesn't work so well on him like it did in RBY.

Shichiro

pokemon
I didn't read the whole thread obviously so sorry for upsetting you almighty 'ChaosCorruption'

whatever, use hardy, at least it's better than adamant or something :/

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Guess I should be have my eyesight checked, should I? Looks like I'm not the only one who needs an eye checkup: Counter and Rest in my set CAN be taught by TM without breeding. Besides, I didn't say REBREED. I just said CHANGE.

Ohhh!! A Shiny! I should bow before it and grovel at its feet! Nobody cares if it's a Shiny if it's got a bad nature, if you really want to use it then go ahead. I'm not in a position to stop you.

Roar / Rapid Spin / Haze aren't useful ingame. Nor is Toxic. Blastoise can learn better moves.

~Frost