• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Blaziken in wifi OU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alerion

Straight outta Johto
Most of us all know that smogon banned Blaziken from Standard and is now in Ubers. Well,I recently got traded a speed boost torchic and I really dont enjoy playing ubers lol thats just me. Blaziken is a very powerful poke with speed boost but it has reliable counters in priority due to the fact it bypasses whatever speed boosts it has gotten. Its two main STABS are incredibly powerful but sadly risky to use(Hi Jump Kick destroys its health if it misses and Flare Blitz has recoil)and rain teams ruin Flare Blitz)

So I just would like to know everyones opinions on players using Blaziken on standard WiFi?

Most good players agree with, or at least accept the Blaziken ban so you will have some trouble finding opponents. Then again a lot of people dislike the Blaziken ban though no one seems to have a solid counter for him. Priority sucks because the two with Aqua Jet take enormous damage switching in on Hi Jump Kick and only one of them can OHKO.

Blaziken is officially banned on Serebii but there aren't any rules against using it when people let you.

Mutsumi

That Volcarona Gal
Wifi does not care for the self-imposed rules of Smogon or any other websites, so on random, use Blaziken all you like. If you are battling someone via friend code exchange over wifi, then be sure to ask them first if they wish to battle by any optional rules.

Blaziken is officially banned on Serebii.
Can you show me evidence of this?

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Wait, how DID he get that Blazekien? As far as I know, they are only available via Hack with that ability.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
"to be used on wi-fi"

How do you enforce it? What is to stop two Serebii members simply agreeing to ignore that list? Don't you think that wifi battles between Serebii members are a little outside of your reach as a mod?

Apologies if I am being pedantic, but I just am. :p

It's intended for things like OSL, not for individual battles.

legendarypokemonmaster

^ Ding Ding Ding.........

That Is Correct!!!!!

Zachmac

I believe blaziken itself shouldn't be banned, but speed boost blaziken should be. I think it's fine to use a blaziken that does not have speed boost.

If not, you could try a swords dance combusken. It could cause Ferrothorn to swap out for a free one.

Cometk

west side
I believe blaziken itself shouldn't be banned, but speed boost blaziken should be. I think it's fine to use a blaziken that does not have speed boost.

If not, you could try a swords dance combusken. It could cause Ferrothorn to swap out for a free one.

If we're just going to neuter pokemon until they're not broken in OU, how much do we neuter Kyogre and Dialga?

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
If we're just going to neuter pokemon until they're not broken in OU, how much do we neuter Kyogre and Dialga?

Kyogre@Whatever
Drizzle

Water Pulse
Shock Wave
Icy Wind
Round

Must have Adamant or Jolly Nature

There, a neutered Lesser Tier Kyogre. (Probally could still be an issue with Confusion hax)

quilava1

Pokemon Master
its sad because i was planning on using it in OU. really, i dont see any reason to ban it. its on my pkmn online team and its useful, but not overlly powerful. mine often gets killed before i can use it :[

"to be used on wi-fi"

How do you enforce it? What is to stop two Serebii members simply agreeing to ignore that list? Don't you think that wifi battles between Serebii members are a little outside of your reach as a mod?

Apologies if I am being pedantic, but I just am. :p

You can go by whatever rules you want lol, I fully support people's freedom to play how they like.

But as a "default" we use these tiers. So if someone says "Wifi battle standard rules" thats what they mean.

Zachmac

This is just an ability...Blaziken wouldn't be Uber without out it. All you have to do is give it blaze, and it's fine.

Kyogre is too strong even without it's ability. That would be hard to neuter, you'd have to ban a lot of moves. For blaziken, you only have to ban one thing.

windsong

WEST SIDE
This is just an ability...Blaziken wouldn't be Uber without out it. All you have to do is give it blaze, and it's fine.

Kyogre is too strong even without it's ability. That would be hard to neuter, you'd have to ban a lot of moves. For blaziken, you only have to ban one thing.

no

do you actually want us to go down the slope of "if we ban x with y revisions than we can unban z with x revisions"

Status
Not open for further replies.