• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bleach discussion - 20th anniversary announcement

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Them being Quincys would make the most sense, but I also like the idea they could be members of Squad Zero.
This idea actually jumped into my head, too.

We don't really know anything much at all about the Zero Squad, right?

Lorde

Banned
Them being Quincys would make the most sense, but I also like the idea they could be members of Squad Zero.
I don't understand why Squad Zero would declare war on Soul Society. I brought up the theory that they would be the villains of this arc a few months back, but there were too many plot holes, so I gave it up. I'm going to assume that they're just Quincys, and that Squad Zero will appear later on as allies of Soul Society.

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
Episode 361. Thus begins the greatest fight in Bleach since Aizen in the anime. That Getsuga Tenshou puts his Black Getsuga Tenshou to shame.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I don't understand why Squad Zero would declare war on Soul Society. I brought up the theory that they would be the villains of this arc a few months back, but there were too many plot holes, so I gave it up. I'm going to assume that they're just Quincys, and that Squad Zero will appear later on as allies of Soul Society.
It could go in hand with the changes in Yamamoto and Soul Society caused by Ichigo. The King might not like the current attitude or the fact they're working with the Vizards. Anyway, it was just something else to think about.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Episode 361. Thus begins the greatest fight in Bleach since Aizen in the anime. That Getsuga Tenshou puts his Black Getsuga Tenshou to shame.
This is the manga thread….

It could go in hand with the changes in Yamamoto and Soul Society caused by Ichigo. The King might not like the current attitude or the fact they're working with the Vizards. Anyway, it was just something else to think about.
Remember, then King is likely a 'thing' not a person…..

multi-scale

This is the manga thread….

Remember, then King is likely a 'thing' not a person…..
Oh you know, the King isn't a real person, it's the bonds we captains and subordinates share that make us stronger and love and all that bullcrap.

On a side note, if the King was willing to declare war on the Gotei 13 for allying with Vizards, Aizen doesn't seem like a bad guy anymore. He seems to be stressing Shinigami-Hollow collaboration more in the series than any other character. Anyway, the Zero Squad is made up of promoted captains (I think) so Yama probably would've recognized their reiatsu, and they did state they were meeting him for the first time. Most likely they're Quicies or Quincy-Hollows.

Lorde

Banned
The Spirit King and Squad Zero don't seem to pay much attention to what goes on in Soul Society from what I recall. I don't think they've noticed any changes, nor do I think that they'd even care. These new guys are most likely Quincys, although I wish they were something else as I think Quincys are boring.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
True, but given this is the last arc and their suppose to be introduced, things could have changed.

Well if Ivan is truly some Quincy/Hollow hybrids, it should make them interesting enough. Or even Quincy Fullbringers.

stevendat

Wandering Demon
I'll guess these guys are some ex squad zero people looking to reform the system from the ground up. I mean they know where yama is, they must know of his strength and those of his army(captians, vice caps, and so on)

Last edited:

battle171

New Gen, Go!
Hopefully, the last arc isn't a disappointment. Right now, I'm not too happy with what I've read so far of it, but I'm still (kinda) hopeful.

Lorde

Banned
Hopefully, the last arc isn't a disappointment. Right now, I'm not too happy with what I've read so far of it, but I'm still (kinda) hopeful.
I think things have started out well. We're only three chapters into the new arc and the villains have already declared war on Soul Society. I know that this arc will be long, but I think it's great that Kubo is giving us some interesting chapters to start things off; I won't really mind the later chapters so long as the start of the arc is interesting.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I think we're off to a great start in the final arc. So far Kudo hasn't ran into the problem of things getting bogged down and confusing. As long as he keeps this up, the final arc will be better the the past arcs.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I think we're off to a great start in the final arc. So far Kudo hasn't ran into the problem of things getting bogged down and confusing. As long as he keeps this up, the final arc will be better the the past arcs.
Ehhhh…..

It's WAAAY too early to judge that.

Let's get another 15 to 20 chapters deep before claiming that...

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Well I'm trying to be positive.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I don't think the start has been bad at all. Compared to recent arcs (Xcution arc I'm looking at you) this start is really good. Not too vague, but not too revealing.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I love that cover, though it does bring up the question of what role will Yuki be playing. Anyway, since VandenReich means "Of the Empire", I still can't help but think the Royal Guard will be involved somehow. I liked how Ichigo could see that Ivan wanted him to use Bankai and he was somehow able to break through whatever trap/spell Ivan was attempting to use. And more importantly, we actually got a death on the good side before the fighting even began (hopefully). Great chapter bodes well for things.

Lorde

Banned
So that Ivan guy was trying to seal Ichigo's bankai or something? That's interesting. It seems to have failed though, which is good; Ichigo just got his Zanpakuto back and it would be a shame for him to have his bankai taken away. I was also impressed with Yamamoto at the start of the chapter, but these enemies seem stronger than he is.