• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bleach discussion - 20th anniversary announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I want him to be dead so that a good guy can actually die. Up until now the only good guys to die were Kaien who was before the manga, and Gin who was thought to be a bad guy for the longest time. I want some dead protagonists!

arceus03

The hooded/masked guys claimed he was dead……well, they inferred he was anyhow.

People in Bleach seem to evade/survive death, so who knows.

I guess it depends on whether he's "dead" or "seriously injured". If it's the latter, eh, Unohana saved a certain someone who was cut in half, I doubt she couldn't save a heavily injured man.

Vanden is roughly Dutch for "Of the". Someone translated it on another site.

Ah, I see.

Sasakibe's shikai is electric in nature, iirc, it was seen in a PSP Video Game.

That's also what the zanpakto rebellion arc seemed to point out, though I wouldn't exactly believe it unless Kubo himself said so. In both cases (game and filler), Kubo didn't actually have anything to do with it so yeah. Remember how in one of the games they had Shunsui's power was wind-based and Ukitake water and lightning-based?

I want him to be dead so that a good guy can actually die. Up until now the only good guys to die were Kaien who was before the manga, and Gin who was thought to be a bad guy for the longest time. I want some dead protagonists!

Is Gin actually dead though? If Orihime healed brought Halibel and her Fraccions back to life, I doubt she wouldn't heal/bring Gin back to life.

There's also another two good guys who died... Shuuhei's two friends from the Academy. Though those two are another minor characters. Meh.

Watch them seal Yama's bankai next week. Rage.

o.o Interesting. It would be horribly similar to what happened during the Aizen fight, but at least that's what Ivan was implying, wasn't it? Hmm.

Last edited:

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
The idea that these guys can take on Yama is absolutely absurd, since we can assume they're probably not the bosses (bosses never appear this early, too many of them to be actual bosses, etc.) Waiting for Yama to whip some major Quincy ***. I'm also hoping for the Hollows to get involved, as they're getting screwed over from every side.
If we assume they're Quincys, then together they could be able to handle him. Ishida was able to power himself up to equal a Captain, so several of them together should be able to equal Yamamoto. Of course they're unlikely to fight right then after declaring war later on.

I don't trust the video games as they often exaggerate the shikai abilities. I think Sasakibe is incredibly boring, but I expect more from him since he's so mysterious. It would be a shame for Kubo to just kill him off, especially since Sasakibe is Yamamoto's right-hand-man.
If I remember correctly, Kudo tends to have a hand in the various games and episodes, so what they show should be close to canon.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
If we assume they're Quincys, then together they could be able to handle him. Ishida was able to power himself up to equal a Captain, so several of them together should be able to equal Yamamoto. Of course they're unlikely to fight right then after declaring war later on.

If I remember correctly, Kudo tends to have a hand in the various games and episodes, so what they show should be close to canon.

I know for certain, Kubo had influence/control in the Zanpakuto rebellion arc.

Games, I'm not too sure.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I definitely remember he had a hand in the Third Phantom game. The movies too. Kudo seems to have more influence in the other medias then normal.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
That does sound pretty weird. Never knew he was so attached to sunglasses.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Kubo's a weird man.

Always wears Sunglasses in public, even indoors, and at night.

He sounds so American. Anyway, it seems like Kubo is charging straight into this arc instead of beating around the bush like he is known for.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Watch them seal Yama's bankai next week. Rage.

Kubo probably would have the Vanden Reich do that; it would make things easier on him since it would save him the trouble of coming up with a bankai for Yamamoto. After all, it would be such a difficult task for Kubo; Yama's shikai itself is powerful, so his bankai would have to be several times stronger, if that's even possible.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
That does sound pretty weird. Never knew he was so attached to sunglasses.

Think he has an Ugly complex, or one of those self hating Asians.

He's not particularly ugly, or cute, but he NEVER is seen without them.

[img139]http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu321/hyperparfait/Monthly%20Features/kubotite.jpg[/img139]

arceus03

I know for certain, Kubo had influence/control in the Zanpakuto rebellion arc.

Games, I'm not too sure.

I only knew he had an influence over the characters' designs. Abilities plot-wise, I'm not really sure.

Kubo probably would have the Vanden Reich do that; it would make things easier on him since it would save him the trouble of coming up with a bankai for Yamamoto. After all, it would be such a difficult task for Kubo; Yama's shikai itself is powerful, so his bankai would have to be several times stronger, if that's even possible.

I still somehow think he will reveal Yama's bankai. Maybe at the very end of the arc or something. At least, my mindset with the Captains are now like "they each have to go bankai somewhere during this final arc". At least for those who still haven't.

And Unohana. :3

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I still somehow think he will reveal Yama's bankai. Maybe at the very end of the arc or something. At least, my mindset with the Captains are now like "they each have to go bankai somewhere during this final arc". At least for those who still haven't.

And Unohana. :3

I suppose Kubo does plan on showing Yama's bankai eventually, but as you said, it probably won't happen until the end of the arc. I doubt that Yama would use it against the Vanden Reich right now; he'd probably destroy half of the Seireitei simply by releasing it.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
484 summery. Looks like we may not get to see Yamamoto's Bankai this time around.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Lots of exciting stuff happened in this week's chapter.

1. Yama-ji's lieutenant said the invaders can use Bankai which is worrying.
2. Ivan was almost captured by Ichigo only to escape somehow using shadows.
3. We got to see the Ice Palace and it looks pretty sweet.
4. The Reich's boss cuts off his follower's arms if they fight in front of him lmao.
5. The Emperor/head looks a bit like Isshin, a coincidence?

Overall a great chapter this week.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
He looks nothing like Isshin.

Status
Not open for further replies.