• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bleach discussion - 20th anniversary announcement

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I hope not. He really doesn't need anymore people to be cruel to him. It would be nice to give a thank you for atleast going for this long but yet just like with the stuff with Kishimoto, people especially here don't appreciate anything they do.
I don't think the author of Bleach should have rude messages sent to him, but he's to blame for how the manga ended cuz I feel that if he had paced things better years ago when he planned the last storyarc, he would've had enough time to give it a much better finale. ^^;

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I don't think the author of Bleach should have rude messages sent to him, but he's to blame for how the manga ended cuz I feel that if he had paced things better years ago when he planned the last storyarc, he would've had enough time to give it a much better finale. ^^;
Bleach was cancelled. He didn't have any sort of deadline that he failed to meet.

Born Better

God of Lightning
I hope not. He really doesn't need anymore people to be cruel to him. It would be nice to give a thank you for atleast going for this long but yet just like with the stuff with Kishimoto, people especially here don't appreciate anything they do.
Why should people appreciate being given garbage?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Bleach was cancelled. He didn't have any sort of deadline that he failed to meet.
He might not have had a deadline for when to finish the manga, but the author had issues with pacing the story well. Some fights lasted way too long while others were far too short and riddled with deus ex machina. It's just ironic to me cuz if I remember right he took a month off a year and a half ago to plot the rest of the series and yet its pace and quality still didn't improve much afterward. ^^;

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Well, they're both definitely way better than that other one for sure. He is the biggest offender of blatantly dragging things out just cause...

Still none of them having anything on Mashima.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
He might not have had a deadline for when to finish the manga, but the author had issues with pacing the story well. Some fights lasted way too long while others were far too short and riddled with deus ex machina. It's just ironic to me cuz if I remember right he took a month off a year and a half ago to plot the rest of the series and yet its pace and quality still didn't improve much afterward. ^^;
Well, that's Kubo isn't it? He always had an issue with pacing and we stuck with it regardless. It doesn't matter if the quality improved or not, despite it being ****, most of the fan base would've wanted to see out the **** ending he had planned. He had everything planned, having to cancel the series threw everything out of the bag, and we got what he could serve up in 4 chapters.

I always figured Bleach would get a continuation of its anime after the series was finally wrapped, after a while. It's not like people wouldn't watch it.
Another thing I'm annoyed about it getting cancelled.

Ominous Wind

We still don't know what exactly happened to Yachiru, right?
This one is really weird. Because It means that Kenpachi could listen to his Zanpakutou all along but at the same time he couldn't.

And why was Yachiru able to interact with everyone? Just imagine if Kenpachi had died fighting Unohana and Yachiru just dissapears. Everyone thinks it's because Kenpachi is dead so she no longer had a reason to stay in SS.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Just read the finale. Okay so Aizen didn't become the Reiou like I wanted, but I was relieved that Renji x Rukia became canon. Their kid looks freaky, though.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Good god.. I know I shouldn't be in this thread anymore, since it ended, but it just feels weird now that I'm only reading One Piece these days.. and it's on a break.. xD

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Just read the finale. Okay so Aizen didn't become the Reiou like I wanted, but I was relieved that Renji x Rukia became canon. Their kid looks freaky, though.
I feel that Aizen becoming the new Spirit King would've been cool in terms of how ironc it would've been. I'm guessing that perhaps the old Spirit King somehow survived and returned to the royal palace when Yhwach was defeated. ^^

Leonhart

Imagineer
Do we have any idea when the final Bleach databook will be released, or if Kubo is even planning on releasing one at all?

lolipiece

All smiles
Staff member
*Wipes off dust*

Good news, everyone!

Three-going-on-four years since the manga ended. Seven-going-on-eight since the anime was cancelled. But for Bleach's 20th anniversary next year, it has been announced the final arc, "The Thousand-Year Blood Arc" will finally be animated in 2021. No word on who's making it, though.

In other news, Bleach's spin-off/sequel manga, Burn the Witch will also be receiving an anime adaptation by Studio Colorido. Pokemon fans will recognize them as the studio doing Twilight Wings.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I had completely forgotten about Bleach despite being a major fan of it years ago. I thought that the final arc was handled awfully, and that if it had been paced better the series might not have been canceled. The fact that it took this long for the final arc to be animated is depressing, but I'm interested in seeing the anime return.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Ah, got a little excited and thought they'd explore more to what happened after the final battle. So many characters that are MIA.

shoz999

Sure, sure. Go for it.
Already knew about this, but I'm a bit surprised that the interest in Bleach is coming back. That's wunderbar! Although in my opinion, the Thousand-Year Blood War arc is kind of... rushed. Honestly I thought Bleach should've ended with Aizen's defeat, and that memorable goodbye to Rukia. After that, it seemed like the writer was just throwing stuff on the wall because he had no idea where to go with the series during the Fullbringer arc. I will say it does seem like he did had a good idea where the series was going during the Thousand Year Blood War but the thing is, there might be such a thing as too much action that my brain eventually just shutdown with the tons and tons of characters introduced with these bombastic power levels, but to an extant, I do still like it. Actually, unlike most Bleach fans, I actually liked the ending. Whose ready to see Death & Strawberry animated?

TheWanderingMist

Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned
Bleach was great until the last 10-2o chapters or so where kubo started to rush.
I hope the anime fixes that .
He rushed due to health issues, if I recall correctly. His original plan was to have it go on about as long as the Arrancar arc did.