• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bleach discussion - 20th anniversary announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Kubo clicked the square one button ( this part of bleach feels like a sequel to the old part like trigun maximum but the author said it was a continuation and not a sequel)

ten years is good, bleach would have run for 18-21 years.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
- Bleach is at his half
- Bleach should continue another 10 years.

Oh my gawd. Ten more years of this bs?!

- Kubo has recently put his entire scenario on paper to make the story more exciting. (For the next 10 years)
- He works with his assistants and his publisher to expand the script and make it consistent to the maximum.
- He is very proud of the plot he had prepared and began to know how he wants to finish Bleach.

Oh my gawd!! Screw what I just said. THIS is exactly what I wanted to happen. I believe that Bleach will soon get back on form. Anyways, a little of topic, with the announcement of 15 more years of One Piece and this, Jump may as well tell us that Naruto Part 3 is coming...after the "war" of course.

- In the first place, Grimmjow wasn't meant to be an important character, he was to quickly die. But as of now, his existence will eventually matter for the future of the manga.
- The birth of ichigo is surrounded in mystery since it's very special. the readers will be amazed when they will know about it ! He is eager to see their reaction.
- Normally the Arrancar arc shouldn't be too long. It's thanks to the craze for Japanese fans for the Arrancars, without it, the arc would have been shorter.
- Female characters that kubo prefers are Matsumoto and Inoue.
- Male characters that Kubo prefers are Mayuri and Aizen.
- The end of the Arrancar arc should have been the end of Bleach if it didn't work and if the publisher had asked Kubo to finish the manga quickly. (Like before the start of the SS arc, because Bleach was threatened at that time)
- Kubo wanted to put this scene because it was really good, but the real end of Bleach will be totally different. (Note : Unfortunately, the scene in question is not specified in the summary of the fan. Maybe Kubo talk about the farewell scene, but it's just an opinion).

Does want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now we know why the last few years were extremely out of place. I am quite happy with this news, even if it means I'll be 30 before the Big 3 finally die.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Hang on, am I correct to say that Kubo, up until now has had no plot line? wth?

Yes. And its the same with every mangaka with a long running series out there simply due to having no time, unless you're lucky and have assistants and multiple editors *cough*Oda*cough*. So, its good news that Jump are providing Kubo, and I presume Kishimoto in the near future, with exactly what they need to turn the story around.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Hang on, am I correct to say that Kubo, up until now has had no plot line? wth?
Yeah. Kudo stated before that he was basically making things up as he went along and wasn't planning more then a few chapters in advance.

T-t-t-ten years? TEN? I thought he said a while ago that he only had 2-3 arcs planned before Bleach finished. I don't think 2-3 arcs could last ten years, so he must've expanded his story quite a bit. Geez, it really just seems like he's milking Bleach for all it's worth. I guess the only good thing is that some of the characters who we thought were dead, might not be, and that he's putting more effort into keeping things consistent.
To be fair, The last two main arcs have taken ten years to complete, So Kudo could have the next two arcs continue on for two/three years without much fleshing out.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Kubo said we'd all be amazed by some of the future events, but I don't think we will. I think he's going to go ahead and use the same-old formula he's been using so far (small arc, big rescue arc, small arc, big rescue arc, small arc, etc). The only thing that seems to have changed is that we have a new villain in second part of Bleach. I thought Aizen was the ultimate villain, but it looks like Ginjou or whoever the bad guy is now will be even stronger.

ForteAnly

Ten more years of Bleach huh. I didn't think Kubo had it in him to make Bleach endure ten more years of the same formula. Did Kubo mistake Bleach for One Piece? I see One Piece lasting ten years and still be interesting but for Bleach I honestly don't think so. Crimsonash310 One Piece is already in the second half of the story since the 2 year time skip.

Last edited:

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Ten more years of Bleach huh. I didn't think Kubo had it in him to make Bleach endure ten more years of the same formula. Did Kubo mistake Bleach for One Piece? I see One Piece lasting ten years and still be interesting but for Bleach I honestly don't think so. Crimsonash310 One Piece is already in the second half of the story since the 2 year time skip.

I find it funny that you think OP is half way through. Sure its in the second part, but the series isn't past the halfway point. The crew has to pass Fisherman Island to hit their first island in the New World and that is when you truly have past the halfway point.

Anyways it your bias speaking when you say Kubo can't extend Bleach another 10 years. You put OP on a pedestal and leave Bleach down at the bottom of your anime/manga list, hence your praise of OP and disbelieve of Bleach going on longer.

Also in Kubo's defense, I think he won't use the same formula over and over again but until the current arc is over with I can't say for sure.

Anyways happy holidays to everyone and I hope those of you that celebrate Christmas get good presents and what not lolz.

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
I thought Aizen was the ultimate villain, but it looks like Ginjou or whoever the bad guy is now will be even stronger.

I hope Ginjou isn't stronger then Aizen. I hate it when stories pull out "bigger and badder" guys, because it loses it's proportion (if that makes sense). If we keep getting guys that are stronger, the "strongness" of them dwindles to ridiculousness. I think whoever will be the villian for this arc will be strong, but maybe in a different sort of way. A different kind of threat maybe...hopefully...

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I'd like to say things in Bleach are getting interesting. This group Ginjou has must have restored someone else's Shinigami powers if they're so confident they can get Ichigo's back. Maybe Isshin? I'm not gonna say anything just yet.

Lorde

I hope Ginjou isn't stronger then Aizen. I hate it when stories pull out "bigger and badder" guys, because it loses it's proportion (if that makes sense). If we keep getting guys that are stronger, the "strongness" of them dwindles to ridiculousness. I think whoever will be the villian for this arc will be strong, but maybe in a different sort of way. A different kind of threat maybe...hopefully...

I'm not a fan of the idea of Ginjou being stronger than Aizen, but I can see it happening despite my protests. He could be stronger in another way (meaning he won't use a Zanpakuto like Aizen's) but I still think he'll have powers that make Aizen's look cheap by comparison. He would need to have more power than the main characters otherwise he wouldn't be a threat to begin with.

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
I'm not a fan of the idea of Ginjou being stronger than Aizen, but I can see it happening despite my protests. He could be stronger in another way (meaning he won't use a Zanpakuto like Aizen's) but I still think he'll have powers that make Aizen's look cheap by comparison. He would need to have more power than the main characters otherwise he wouldn't be a threat to begin with.

That's the very unfortunate truth. We'll have to see how Kubo manages to pull this off, and make Bleach last for another 10 years at that without making the Aizen arc look like a joke.

Lorde

Hey, I wasn't even expecting a Bleach chapter, but we got one! Too bad we won't be getting one for a long time. Anyway, the chapter was my favorite of the entire arc! Seeing Ginjou explain his powers to Ichigo was pretty cool. I didn't think that ordinary objects had "souls" but Ginjou can apparently pull the souls out of things. His Zanpakuto looked really cool. It looks big, sort of like Ichigo's old Zanpakuto. Seeing Chad in the end was a surprise, but I think it was sort of obvious that he'd be a member once you think about it. Chad must have been confused about what exactly he was, so he joined Xcution to figure out his powers a bit more.

Last edited:

DarkSpace2012

And, as if by magic~
Hey guys? Did anyone tell you there's a chapter out?

YOU'D BETTER BELIEVE IT!!!!

I loved this thing, seeing Ginjou release that big *** sword was awesome, and I kinda half-predicted that Chad would appear :) So yeah... *Pulls the soul out of a drink to drink it* That was epic too

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
Didn't expect the whole "souls in every object" thing. Interesting twist! Makes complete sense that Chad would be involved, but I wonder how he met them? And how will their power help Ichigo gain his shinigami powers back? Since he specifically said they wanted his shinigami powers back, I'd assume Ichigo isn't gaining a whole new human power but sort of a mix between the two?

uber gon

Accept Change
I'm gonna miss Chad's skull-fists.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Quite the surprising chapter. Didn't expect Chad to appear and be one of the group, But all the mentioning of him before makes it real nice. Chad can finally play a bigger role. And the introduction of other objects having souls was a nice twist. I can't wait to see where this is gonna go or what Ichigo will say to Chad.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Great chapter this week. The concept of souls in every object is very interesting and the ability is called Fullbring lol. I wonder if that is what Ginjou will use to drag out Zangetsu who is most likely resting deep inside Ichigo's soul along with Hollow Ichigo.

The conversation with Chad is the one I'm looking forward to when the next chapter comes out. BTW anybody think Isshin is hiding out so he doesn't have to answer Ichigo?

Lorde

I'm pretty sure that Ginjou will extract Zangetsu from Ichigo's soul. I don't see the process being too difficult, but I expect the manga to deal with that soon enough.

I was reading the Viz edition of Bleach volume 33 yesterday at my local bookstore, and I noticed that Szayel Aporro's Zanpakuto is called something else in the Viz edition of the manga. It's called "La Lujuriosa" which I think has something to do with "lust". It's close to the original name of his Zanpakuto, but I'm sure Viz could've left the original alone. The manga is rated Teen, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.