• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bleach discussion - 20th anniversary announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I'm not sure about the other Vizards taking over as Captains, there must have been a reason they decided to stay in the real world.

JD

I'm not sure about the other Vizards taking over as Captains, there must have been a reason they decided to stay in the real world.

I think in one of those Bleach Novels it said that Love didn't want to become a Captain because they didn't sell Manga in Soul Society.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think in one of those Bleach Novels it said that Love didn't want to become a Captain because they didn't sell Manga in Soul Society.

More like there wasn't a vacant spot for him in the Gotei 13 so Kubo just left him with the other Vizards. :p

But speaking of novels, what ever happened to the one that had Rukia on the cover? I totally lost track of it months ago.

Pokechan

So Shunsui is now the Captain Commander; can't say I'm surprised. He certainly knows how to rally the other Captains, so he was the best candidate for the job. And Unohana being revealed to be the first Kenpachi was a surprise; I guess all that stuff Kubo said about her being tough was true.

I am not surprised to see Shunsui become the new captain commander at all either. Ukitake and Unohana were very good candidates too, but Shunsui is a good choice for the role because Ukitake is too ill to take the position and Unohana is going to have a big role training Kenpachi anyway. Like Ukitake and Unohana Shunsui has a lot of experience and he knows how to keep a cool head which is going to be very helpful. This chapter brought me back into liking Bleach again and I really enjoyed this chapter.

Last edited:

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I don't believe it... Unohana was the FIRST Kenpachi?! :eek:

I shudder to think of the sweet kind motherly captain as a bloodthirsty battler. I seriously cannot believe it!

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I don't believe it... Unohana was the FIRST Kenpachi?! :eek:

I shudder to think of the sweet kind motherly captain as a bloodthirsty battler. I seriously cannot believe it!

Not many of us could until we caught on what Kubo was planning.. "Unohana will definitely battle, show Bankai, etc".. All silent characters in manga have hidden histories, so when that came out.. I at least, kinda got the vibe that she had something to hide that we don't see now. I didn't think of the Kenpachi thing, but definitely being ordered to stop fighting at one point.

Lorde

I am not surprised to see Shunsui become the new captain commander at all either. Ukitake and Unohana were very good candidates too, but Shunsui is a good choice for the role because Ukitake is too ill to take the position and Unohana is going to have a big role training Kenpachi anyway. Like Ukitake and Unohana Shunsui has a lot of experience and he knows how to keep a cool head which is going to be very helpful. This chapter brought me back into liking Bleach again and I really enjoyed this chapter.

This arc is definitely getting interesting with all these new developments. I just wish we got to see more of what's happening at the Royal Palace. I feel that parts of this week's chapter were wasted on comic relief moments, which seemed out of place with the tense atmosphere in other parts of the story.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm on chapter 395.

And I am so sick of over-powered Aizen. It's like every turn of the battle allows him to show off some haxxed ability. I was so satisfied when Soifon, Hitsugaya and Roseguy simultaneously took him down without a bs Ichigo power-up, but it turns out everything was a lie there. Then he reveals that he's behind and planned for every damn meticulous detail that's happened in the story when he's against Yamamato.

JD

I'm on chapter 395.

And I am so sick of over-powered Aizen. It's like every turn of the battle allows him to show off some haxxed ability. I was so satisfied when Soifon, Hitsugaya and Roseguy simultaneously took him down without a bs Ichigo power-up, but it turns out everything was a lie there. Then he reveals that he's behind and planned for every damn meticulous detail that's happened in the story when he's against Yamamato.

Just wait until later on..

Lorde

I'm on chapter 395.

Be prepared for more trolling on Aizen's part. It's what he does best. Although I'd say you're lucky; you're reading those chapters one after the other without having to wait a week like most of us did. It was hard having to withstand so many months of Aizen's trolling and virtually endless monologues about how he's planned everything that has happened.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
You know, it's funny. Back when what's-her-face showed up, people praised Kubo for making a woman that wasn't skinny and fanservicey.

Me, being the cynical jackass that I am, didn’t believe for five minutes that Kubo could draw this woman without having her slim down at least once.

God. Dammit. Kubo.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Freak show continues. I don't even know what to expect from the next guy...I don't know if he can even talk, he hasn't said a word since he appeared.

Was kind of surprised to see the female get really thin, although I did see people thinking it would happen. Shinji did mention something about her looking different, guess this may be what he meant.

Kon is still freaking me out with his body.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Hey, it's Kon again. Anyway, it appears that each of the Squad Zero members were responsible for creating something for SS. Hikifune creating the Gikongan (and her becoming sexy) was a surprise. Seems like we'll learn the history behind the Zanpakutou next chapter. Good chapter.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
If the Sunglasses Guy created the Zanpaktou he must be one of the oldest Shinigami

So yeah.. Basically quite simple what's going to happen here...
- Ichigo: My katana broke! :'(
- Renji: My shikai misses a blade toooo! :'(

And waddayano.. They both end up at the place where the guy who created the Zanpaktou lives nowadays, and will go to a technology chick likely afterwards.. HMMMMMMM...
- Big guy probably made Kido, or something like that which Ichigo never uses but will likely have to start usingforced development...

Lorde

I didn't care for the "funny" scenes and Kon being there felt sort of redundant, but it seems that Hikifune can lose weight when she loses reiatsu. That's interesting I guess. It was also interesting to learn that each of the Royal Guard members created something in Soul Society and that the next palace is where the guy who invented the Zanpakuto lives. I hope he lives up to the hype.

multi-scale

How do you invent a zanpaktou? This guy must be 5000 years old something, or guys like Yama were just walking around on fire. Does anyone feel like Zero Division is a bit too OP? Being strong is one thing, but inventing the zanpaktou is nigh on ridiculous.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
How do you invent a zanpaktou? This guy must be 5000 years old something, or guys like Yama were just walking around on fire. Does anyone feel like Zero Division is a bit too OP? Being strong is one thing, but inventing the zanpaktou is nigh on ridiculous.
Don't know, perhaps he came up with the original process of talking to one's inner spirit? As for them being OP, not really. Inventing stuff isn't that outrageous. They just seem like older versions of Kisuke.

Lorde

Now that I think about it, there's a chance that Oetsu created the Sokyoku itself since its released state resembles a phoenix and Oetsu's residence is called the phoenix palace.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down

Maybe he created the method for binding the souls and swords to each other, or something.

I really, really like the Royal Guards more and more with every chapter. I feel like these five are the most creative characters Kubo's put out in years, and they actually live up to their hype, unlike how a lot of the Espada ended up.

Status
Not open for further replies.