• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bleach discussion - 20th anniversary announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Aizen is involved with everything. Even the creation of this manga.

In fact, we are all Aizen.

Last edited:

iFi Salamander

I'm a vampire!
So apparently Isshin's zanpakuto can manipulate fire? I always assumed that it would be like Zangetsu but Engetsu seems far more dependable, although not very original given the other fire-type zanpakuto we've seen. Anyway, I wanted confirmation that the hollow was a Vasto Lorde but we still don't know much about it.

It's probably a prototype Vasto developed by Aizen. This would explain why Aizen was so curious in watching it fight Isshin, he likely wanted to see it's capabilities and fighting a captain class opponent allowed more display of it's versatility. Aizen the realized that Isshin new there was someone else pulling the strings, or that he would find out, so he decided to go on his own to dispose of him.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I thought Aizen was Ryuu at first. The former actually makes more sense, for once.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't know if it's fire. In the anime it doesn't look anything like fire just reiatsu
IsshinGetsugaTensho.gif

I can't get over how awesome that thing looks.

I'm assuming it has something to do with fire since its release command was "burn," plus that stuff around it looked similar to Yama's zanpakuto's flames to me.

Anyway, I was surprised to see Aizen at the end of the chapter. I just didn't think he'd appear in front of Isshin like that.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I'm calling it right now that Isshin uses the Final Getsuga Tenshou to beat the Vasto Lorde along with Aizen and his gang.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Nice chapter even though not much happens. Not much of a surprise to see Aizen get involved, though it seems like he wasn't originally responsible.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Did anyone really expect to learn the origins of Ichigo's inner hollow though? I'm pretty sure we all expected to see how Isshin met Masaki and lost his powers, but the Vasto Lorde threw some of us off.

Okay, that may have been a little out of the left field, but in all honesty, we knew we were going to get the full details about Ichigo's birth, which if we thought logically, would inlude:

- Isshin, aka a Shiba -> Kaien and Isshin's exaltation from SS.
- Masaki, aka a Quincy -> Quincies (Ryuuken, Uryu, Vandenreich?)
- Aizen, he stated he knew everything about Ichigo's birth -> One could assume he was present, or witnessed Isshin and Masaki hitching up.
- Moreover, Aizen was involved in a project concerning Hollows at the time -> More Hollow involvement.

So considering how Aizen and his hollow project were likely to get involved in Ichigo's background flashback.. One could've deduced that the inner hollow would show up in one form or another. I did not expect it to be so out in the open though..

Another shocker was Aizen literally stabbing Isshin in the back. That was the first unexpected plot twist for me.

I'm now expecting Isshin to use his final attack, and ending up being 'poisoned' by the hollow's reiatsu, which will then enter Ichigo's Reiatsu when Ichigo is born.

I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Kubo didn't have any assistants. Did he recently acquire them or something? Also that part about Gin being dead has me sobbing. Why did he have to kill the best character?

Nah, Kubo's been known to have four assistants for quite some time now. I remember when reading in the printed volumes that he had gotten four assistants quite early, and he drew his assistants in the manga style, or something.. In order to celebrate an anniversary or something.

Jo Kaps: "Is there any character that is particularly difficult to draw?"

Kubo: "Ichigo is very diffucult."

Well, that sucks.

I love how Kubo calls German a harsh and cold language during a public interview IN Germany. It's true, but funny. Also interesting to know that Aizen will still be involved.

It doesn't really have to offend them.. Dutch is a lot like German, and if somebody mentions how the Dutch language has harsh and cold tones, I would fully agree.. For one because of the raspy G-sound that is often used in the Dutch language. And especially compared to French or Spanish, or even English, there's a huge difference in melodity. I don't think any would have found offended by the remark.

It's not as if he stated that he chose the German language because he based the Quincies/Vandenreich of the Third Reich and Nazis.. Now THAT would have led to a commotion.. o.0

I'm calling it right now that Isshin uses the Final Getsuga Tenshou to beat the Vasto Lorde along with Aizen and his gang.

Likely, and stays in Karakura Town afterwards.

Shneak

It's not as if he stated that he chose the German language because he based the Quincies/Vandenreich of the Third Reich and Nazis.. Now THAT would have led to a commotion.. o.0

Thankfully it doesn't appear to be that way, though they're pretty organized.

lolipiece

Staff member
Wow.

...That is the dumbest Hollow ever.

JD

Wow.

...That is the dumbest Hollow ever.

Well.. Aizen himself said that it was failure, and on top of that it can't even talk so of course it's going to be dumb. Anyway, seeing Masaki do something this chapter was pretty interesting I guess she loses her powers sometime in the future since she gets killed by Grand Fischer.

lolipiece

Staff member
Well.. Aizen himself said that it was failure, and on top of that it can't even talk so of course it's going to be dumb. Anyway, seeing Masaki do something this chapter was pretty interesting I guess she loses her powers sometime in the future since she gets killed by Grand Fischer.

That doesn't really explain why after two chapters of fighting with its arm-blades, "White" suddenly bit Misaki's arm.

You'd think that it would try to slash her with its remaining arm, skewer her with its horns, or blast her with a Cero.

multi-scale

I'm guessing Isshin's Bankai involves some kind of flame armor and just charging through opponents. It requires a lot of stamina. BUt his shikai just seems like a worse versio of Yama's.

Edit: She might have no used her power against Grand Fisher to alert Soul Society. He was hunted and was infamous in Soul Society. Having a criminal that bad die would spur some kind of investigation, and SS would eventually realize there was a living Quincy, and ex-captain, and their super kid in the human world.

Last edited:

Lorde

How convenient that Isshin couldn't use his bankai lol. It seems he has a knack for using fire, which is interesting I suppose. Although I was a bit disappointed with the hollow; it doesn't seem nearly as strong as I thought it would be. I'm just glad to see Masaki arrive and surprise Aizen. I hope she single-handedly defeats the hollow.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Well this explains why Ichigo's hollowfication looked like this specific hollow... it passed some of it's reitsu off to her when she let herself take the attack. (Pure speculation, but basically confirmed in the Fullbring Arc)

Shneak

That doesn't really explain why after two chapters of fighting with its arm-blades, "White" suddenly bit Misaki's arm.

I was hoping that someone else would notice this. That was completely random. Otherwise, it was a real good chapter.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
While not a stellar fight, Masaki was skill pretty awesome. Didn't expect her to be that good at fighting. And once again Aizen takes one of Kisuke's inventions for his own use. Nice chapter.

Hamichu

The Hammiest
How convenient that Isshin couldn't use his bankai lol. It seems he has a knack for using fire, which is interesting I suppose. Although I was a bit disappointed with the hollow; it doesn't seem nearly as strong as I thought it would be. I'm just glad to see Masaki arrive and surprise Aizen. I hope she single-handedly defeats the hollow.

If she single-handedly defeats the Hollow, I'm gonna lose so much respect for Isshin.
I mean, sure Masaki is super-duper strong, but still.
Isshin is of Captain-rank. If all he could do was cut off it's arm, while Masaki beats it in one hit, Isshin is gonna look sooooooooooo weak.

Lorde

If she single-handedly defeats the Hollow, I'm gonna lose so much respect for Isshin.
I mean, sure Masaki is super-duper strong, but still.
Isshin is of Captain-rank. If all he could do was cut off it's arm, while Masaki beats it in one hit, Isshin is gonna look sooooooooooo weak.

Well given how the flashback started (with Isshin lying on the ground), I'm going to assume that Masaki defeats the hollow. I don't think Isshin is weak or anything, but he's fighting with a disadvantage while Masaki isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.