• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bleach discussion - 20th anniversary announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm surprised that some people are complaining about the pacing. This is Bleach; that's always been a problem and it was never going to change lol. At least Kubo seems to know where the story is going this time though, which is better than some of the previous arcs where he admitted he didn't know what was going to happen next and simply worked from chapter to chapter with no clear ending in mind.

I'm surprised that some people are complaining about the pacing. This is Bleach; that's always been a problem and it was never going to change lol. At least Kubo seems to know where the story is going this time though, which is better than some of the previous arcs where he admitted he didn't know what was going to happen next and simply worked from chapter to chapter with no clear ending in mind.
Never read Bleach as a manga until the Fullbring arc, which had a decent pacing and only a few chapters that were completely pointless. I didn't like it at all, but the pacing was pretty good. Looking back, there were probably pacing issues in the rest of the manga that I didn't notice having not read anything before that arc.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Of course his sister would be injured, why else show a character who almost never shows up anyway?

Lorde

Yasss @ Soi Fon coming back with an improved Shunko. I'm glad she was training herself in order to complete it, and it actually seemed stronger than the version Yoruichi used during the Soul Society arc imo. Anyway, it seems that cyborg-esque Stern Ritter and Bazz-B aren't down yet, but just seeing Soi Fon again made the chapter for me.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Great to see Soi Fon return, and master Shunku. Her opponent was pretty interesting too, in a robotic sort of way.

miles0624

Wrath of Fire
Soi fon is back. That made the chapter. Now we only need Yoruichi and we are set. However, it seems like Hitsugaya is screwed unless something miraculous happens.

Lorde

I didn't even feel bad for that little Mareyo girl. Like, it's hard to feel bad for characters who were barely introduced. Still, I'm glad Omaeda stood his ground, although the fact that he admitted how he would throw his Captain under the bus to save himself was kind of effed up. He's such a coward, but I did find his comment a bit humorous.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I'm not much of a Soi Fon fan so this chapter didn't really appeal to me. I knew Bazz-B wasn't finished. Hitsugaya finish an opponent in one blow? Who does he think he is? Kenpachi?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
One of my favourite Bleach chapters ever, honestly. Soi Fon is one of the few characters that I like and it's nice to see her kick ***. I'm not a fan of her bankai, so even better. I also liked that Sternritter a lot.

I'm kind of glad that Bazz B isn't dead. One chapter fights aren't good enough for me, unless these are the actual last fights for these characters.

Lorde

Has the Stern Ritter who shot out Shunsui's eye been given a name or letter yet?

No, he's still unnamed and will probably remain so until he fights again, hopefully not against Shunsui this time though. Haschwald seems like a better opponent for Shunsui atm.

Is it just me or does Ichigo go through the same process when it comes to major battles. Gets his butt kicked in the first attack/s undergoes some special training unique to him and a few other. Gets new powers, still gets his butt kicked, undergoes more special training/fights that could count as training/optional hollow interference then becomes God like to the enemy. It would be nice to see the routine break and something surprise me for once.

The Stern Ritter aren't that interesting to me yet, I have a feeling their Vollstandig will be much different to what we know about Vollstandig and hopefully that becomes very interesting.

Lorde

Is it just me or does Ichigo go through the same process when it comes to major battles. Gets his butt kicked in the first attack/s undergoes some special training unique to him and a few other. Gets new powers, still gets his butt kicked, undergoes more special training/fights that could count as training/optional hollow interference then becomes God like to the enemy. It would be nice to see the routine break and something surprise me for once.

Pretty much. Ichigo is probably my least favorite manga protagonist. He used to be interesting during the first half of the story imo, but he keeps falling into the same pattern these days which is boring. Not to mention that his abilities themselves are really boring too. He could only use Getsuga Tensho in battle before or hollowfy. Now he has a new zanpakuto but I doubt anything will change.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Pretty much. Ichigo is probably my least favorite manga protagonist. He used to be interesting during the first half of the story imo, but he keeps falling into the same pattern these days which is boring. Not to mention that his abilities themselves are really boring too. He could only use Getsuga Tensho in battle before or hollowfy. Now he has a new zanpakuto but I doubt anything will change.

Couldn't have said it better rmyself

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Power-wise, Ichigo is a walking example of wasted potential.

Look at all that cool crap he gets! And most of it is gone.

Yay, he still has Getsuga Tensho, which is just a wave of energy. Oh yay, he has Bankai, which doesn't do much other than raise his speed and attack.

All those Hollow powers and he never gets anything other than the Visored mask. Doesn't even get a Resurrección like Tousen got.

Humans doing Resurrección is also another example of wasted potential. Mostly because only one non-Arrancar got to use it. Not like there's a bunch of people with Hollow powers or anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.