• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bleach discussion - 20th anniversary announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Just read the finale. Okay so Aizen didn't become the Reiou like I wanted, but I was relieved that Renji x Rukia became canon. Their kid looks freaky, though.

I feel that Aizen becoming the new Spirit King would've been cool in terms of how ironc it would've been. I'm guessing that perhaps the old Spirit King somehow survived and returned to the royal palace when Yhwach was defeated. ^^

Leonhart

Imagineer
Do we have any idea when the final Bleach databook will be released, or if Kubo is even planning on releasing one at all?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
*Wipes off dust*

Good news, everyone!

ETY0Ii-WsAI49uK.png

Three-going-on-four years since the manga ended. Seven-going-on-eight since the anime was cancelled. But for Bleach's 20th anniversary next year, it has been announced the final arc, "The Thousand-Year Blood Arc" will finally be animated in 2021. No word on who's making it, though.

In other news, Bleach's spin-off/sequel manga, Burn the Witch will also be receiving an anime adaptation by Studio Colorido. Pokemon fans will recognize them as the studio doing Twilight Wings.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I had completely forgotten about Bleach despite being a major fan of it years ago. I thought that the final arc was handled awfully, and that if it had been paced better the series might not have been canceled. The fact that it took this long for the final arc to be animated is depressing, but I'm interested in seeing the anime return.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Ah, got a little excited and thought they'd explore more to what happened after the final battle. So many characters that are MIA.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Already knew about this, but I'm a bit surprised that the interest in Bleach is coming back. That's wunderbar! Although in my opinion, the Thousand-Year Blood War arc is kind of... rushed. Honestly I thought Bleach should've ended with Aizen's defeat, and that memorable goodbye to Rukia. After that, it seemed like the writer was just throwing stuff on the wall because he had no idea where to go with the series during the Fullbringer arc. I will say it does seem like he did had a good idea where the series was going during the Thousand Year Blood War but the thing is, there might be such a thing as too much action that my brain eventually just shutdown with the tons and tons of characters introduced with these bombastic power levels, but to an extant, I do still like it. Actually, unlike most Bleach fans, I actually liked the ending. Whose ready to see Death & Strawberry animated?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Bleach was great until the last 10-2o chapters or so where kubo started to rush.
I hope the anime fixes that .
He rushed due to health issues, if I recall correctly. His original plan was to have it go on about as long as the Arrancar arc did.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I recently rewatched the series, minus fillers, and I think I was super critical of it back in the day. I mean I recall the fillers being alright, just happened during odd times.
Obvious lazy storytelling here and there, and some of the fights were boring. But Tite's been known to be weak in battle sequences.
But I did have fun watching it. Even if he ended up being a jack of all trades when it comes to spiritual power, it kinda made sense?

Now the last arc was definitely building up to be decent until health issues and the rumors of SJW dropping the series came about, and it wasbum-rushed. But I kinda do hope the eventual epilogue is opened up a bit more, and maybe other instances so it's portrayed in the way Tite would've wanted it to, given he had the opportunity back then.

Also the openings, 10/10. I forgot majority of them were actual bangers.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The one shot ended on a cliffhanger and announced an new arc.

I guess Bleach is just back now lmao.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
It could be just one arc.

But that "one-shot" definitely left me smiling. Felt like the old Bleach.
As long as Kubo can deliver on his pace, I don't think it'll be bad.

JD

Really? So it got the Boruto treatment then. How's Kubo going to make sure Bleach won't get cancelled a second time?
I think Bleach could do really well as a monthly manga. That way Kubo won’t have to rush himself or ruin his health.

There’s definitely a lot of potential in this arc. Szayel said Yamamoto, Unohana, and Ukitake are all in hell but I wonder who else could’ve been sent there.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked the special chapter in the sense that it laid the groundwork for the arc in a way that reminded me of Bleach's prime. I'm not sure what Kubo's plans for the arc are however: will he actually get back into publishing the manga on a weekly basis, or will this arc become anime-exclusive after the TYBW arc gets adapted into an anime series?

Reactions: JD

JD

I liked the special chapter in the sense that it laid the groundwork for the arc in a way that reminded me of Bleach's prime. I'm not sure what Kubo's plans for the arc are however: will he actually get back into publishing the manga on a weekly basis, or will this arc become anime-exclusive after the TYBW arc gets adapted into an anime series?
I really hope it’s a new arc that gets serialized. The reception to it seems to be overwhelmingly positive. Hopefully Jump takes note of this, and they decide to bring Bleach back full time.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I read the new one shot when it came out and I personally really enjoyed it. I really hope that if it becomes a full series, they do let it be monthly instead of weekly. I think this arc, if it happens beyond this one shot has a lot of potential. Tite Kubo's a pretty good writer, despite all the naysayers out there. Although, perhaps that's because people are saying he's a bad writer because of the anime? I have no idea.

I recently rewatched all 366 episodes of Bleach over the course of November of last year to May of this year in preparation of TYBW arc anime adaption. It still hasn't happened yet as of typing this post out, and I'm honestly waiting for it to come out, so the 20th anniversary one-shot will have to do for me, for now. (Yes, I watched all 366 episodes, all of them. Filler included.

Morax

King of heroes
I read the new one shot when it came out and I personally really enjoyed it. I really hope that if it becomes a full series, they do let it be monthly instead of weekly. I think this arc, if it happens beyond this one shot has a lot of potential. Tite Kubo's a pretty good writer, despite all the naysayers out there. Although, perhaps that's because people are saying he's a bad writer because of the anime? I have no idea.

I recently rewatched all 366 episodes of Bleach over the course of November of last year to May of this year in preparation of TYBW arc anime adaption. It still hasn't happened yet as of typing this post out, and I'm honestly waiting for it to come out, so the 20th anniversary one-shot will have to do for me, for now. (Yes, I watched all 366 episodes, all of them. Filler included.
I just wish they gave us more ichigo x orihime moments. The pairing felt very one-sided and suddenly they're married.

Status
Not open for further replies.