• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bleach finally getting cancelled

ForeverFlame

Attention: Bleach is NOT getting cancelled.

It's just getting a new timeslot and new station altogether.

http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/491

I will laugh if they make a filler arc after the Fullbring arc ends. That arc almost killed the manga and it made Bleach's Anime rankings lower than Reborn!'s were when it was canceled. Kubo had to initiate the final arc in a last-ditch attempt to get his readers back (Bleach's volume sales dropped by 1/3). Something tells me that a filler arc won't do much to get the lost viewers back.

Vernikova

Champion
Attention: Bleach is NOT getting cancelled.

It's just getting a new timeslot and new station altogether.

http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/491

Sorry?

Jacob T. Paschal said:
Hate to burst the bubble, but this is not true. テレビ大阪 reads as Televi Oosaka, as in the Oosaka Prefecture's sister channel to Televi Toukyou, which airs Bleach. The schedule has not been updated.

Jacob T. Paschal said:
It's an error. The schedule was automatically updated assuming there would be an episode #367. Staff have confirmed on Twitter (and supposedly TV Toukyou has confirmed officially) that Bleach will indeed be coming to an end.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showthread.php?292248-Bleach-TV-anime-confirmed-to-end/page3

battle171

New Gen, Go!
It was good, then slowly got bad, got good, but the amount of fillers kinda got on my nerves. Needless to say, I'm not liking the new chapters in the manga either.

Jaren

Vernikova

Champion
Are there any links for this imaginary twitter update and "official" decisions being made by TV Tokyo?

Nope, I'm not yet proficient enough in Japanese to find my way through Twitter on my own. :'( I'll try to get them asap though.

Now, do you have a source that isn't a user-submitted wiki?

Oh "According to your link the schedule is only updated when the last episode of the previous update airs so if there are more episodes it won't be shown on your link till the 27th of march."

That's what it apparently says in your link. Though, I assume you're proficient enough in Japanese to translate for us. I know the person I quoted is so your must be as well to disprove such a thing.

To add, if I'm wrong then so be it but you can't use a wiki to disprove an argument in a situation like this. It's a user-generated site.

EDIT 2: Okies, so apparently the Twitter post is in the ANN link. What I stated above, backs the point of "We don't know enough yet". yup yup

Last edited:

Jonothon !

♥ Seventeen ♥
I've never watched or read Bleach, so I don't mind. Naruto is my main manga/anime. ;3

TrollsterInc

The Renegade
Meh, I prefered the manga, personally. Some of the voices never fit right in the anime, anyway.

Now they just need to take down Naruto. :p

Well it looks close to completion anyways; I honestly hope it finishes off after this main arc wraps up, unless Kishimoto goes for a prequel with the Sannin or something. When you've gone up against Madara Uchiha, Tobi, Nagato and Kabutimaru, you don't get much more powerful. Except for the Sage of the Six Paths, I guess.

VizardJeffhog

Music, my plaything
Stopped watching the anime since things got busy and hectic for me a while ago, though I'm not exactly surprised this is happening. I still stay tuned to the manga and love reading the hell out of each page, but I see where there are flaws.

Bleach will likely be brought back on the air (if at all) once Kubo's further along through the final arc, and I'd take an indefinite hiatus over another filler any day of the week. There can only be so much to do at once.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Bleach will likely be brought back on the air (if at all) once Kubo's further along through the final arc, and I'd take an indefinite hiatus over another filler any day of the week.

Yes, I agree. All the disjointed Bleach fillers were annoying.

VizardJeffhog

Music, my plaything
Yes, I agree. All the disjointed Bleach fillers were annoying.

Exactly. The audience will practically die out should another filler have occurred.

If Kubo's final arc, if pulled off incredibly well, skyrockets Bleach back into the top 3, a wider audience and wider interest will be generated enough for a short anime return to finish off the series.

In either case, I'll miss it once it's gone. I didn't just come up with the term Vizard in my name for nothing!

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Even though the new arc is only a few chapters in it still feels like it has some better pacing. If that translated over well to the next anime (assuming there will be one) it would only need to be a couple seasons (assuming the final arc is 100 or so chapters, which is probably wrong).

My point is if the manga is paced better the anime could go way faster.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Even though the new arc is only a few chapters in it still feels like it has some better pacing. If that translated over well to the next anime (assuming there will be one) it would only need to be a couple seasons (assuming the final arc is 100 or so chapters, which is probably wrong).

My point is if the manga is paced better the anime could go way faster.

TBTP left off at -97 so that is another -96 chapters to go through plus the war. This final arc is gonna be long and good man. :D

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
TBTP left off at -97 so that is another -96 chapters to go through plus the war. This final arc is gonna be long and good man. :D

Did Kubo actually say he'd do 100 chapters of TBTP or is everyone just assuming that? It's a safe assumption, yeah, but Bleach has a habit of leaving loose ends.

Elisa

Moon's Tear
I really hope they won't make new fillers. They just make everything look so bad. Just make anime of the last arc and that's that. Bleach has been getting so much worse lately. Only thing I keep even reading is because I'm crazy Ichiruki fan.

Poke Trainer J

Well there goes one Anime I enjoyed watching, at least I still get to watch One Piece Japanese Subs.

I still don't know why Japan didn't cancel the Naruto Anime instead considering that it's been doing way worse than Bleach has.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
For some strange reason people actually like the Naruto anime despite it getting shittier every freaking week.
The fans don't care and nor do we.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
What happens if the manga gets cancelled before the arc finishes? I admittedly don't know much about how the manga world works, but I heard Bleach's manga isn't doing so well either.
With its popularity, I honestly doubt it will...

Off-topic, do you guys think Tite Kubo looks like Masahiro Sakurai?