• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bleach discussion - 20th anniversary announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

uber gon

Accept Change
Captain Peach-butt became Captain. Yay?

Ominous Wind

Iba of all f****** people is a captain, I can't believe this. They must have been desperate to fill in spots lmao.

Well, he was Komamura's Vice-Captain. And Lisa was also a former VC. So it makes sense that Iba, Lisa, Isane and Rukia are promoted to Captains. If Kensei and Rose hadn't survived, Hisagi and Kira would be Captains.

And speaking of Komamura, I hope Kubo will at least include a panel where he and Iba are resting or looking at the sunset. Just a small panel is all I ask since it's obvious Kubo forgot that these two where heading towards the Quincy Palace but never appeared again.

Abzu

Honestly in all this seems good... but what about Aizen tough? He is still free? Or maybe even forgiven for his actions as he helped defeat Ywach.

Hope the endings explain better and gives more details. I always tough the series would end with Ichigo pulling a final sacrifice and killing Ywach with himself in a last heroic action...

Red and Blue

Honestly in all this seems good... but what about Aizen tough? He is still free? Or maybe even forgiven for his actions as he helped defeat Ywach.

Hope the endings explain better and gives more details. I always tough the series would end with Ichigo pulling a final sacrifice and killing Ywach with himself in a last heroic action...

I'm guessing either him or Ichigo became the new soul king during the tineskip. We'll find out next week

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I wasn't expecting such a sudden timeskip, tho I'm glad that Rukia has replaced Ukitake as a captain. I don't think Iba or Isane deserved their promotion however since neither of them have done much in the series. ^^;

Ominous Wind

I wasn't expecting such a sudden timeskip, tho I'm glad that Rukia has replaced Ukitake as a captain. I don't think Iba or Isane deserved their promotion however since neither of them have done much in the series. ^^;

You could say that for a lot of people, actually. But remember that Soul Society is a military faction, and they follow the chain of command.

AuraKshatriya

Still hoping that the "announcement" Kubo has is that Bleach's anime will return and properly tell the story of the Thousand-Year Blood War Arc. Getting another OVA or two with all the new "allies" would be nice, too. (The X-Cution members, Grimmjow and Neliel). Seeing them all interact with the main cast in a more casual setting would be great, given how much the anime did that for all the Soul Society characters introduced thus far.

arceus03

New girl captain: Isane

Yachiru is a zanpaktou spirit, so she just became one with Nozarashi.

o.o Doesn't look like Isane at all. But I guess it could be nobody else XD

Aaaah. I guess it wasn't explicitly stated huh?

Well, he was Komamura's Vice-Captain. And Lisa was also a former VC. So it makes sense that Iba, Lisa, Isane and Rukia are promoted to Captains. If Kensei and Rose hadn't survived, Hisagi and Kira would be Captains.

Though it's kinda weird Love wasn't reinstated as a Captain too.

(The X-Cution members, Grimmjow and Neliel).

Bahahahaha. For all the hype before the final battle started, they appeared for like one panel or two in a chapter and then gone.

Red and Blue

Just realized Bleach is ending on the same day as the conclusion of Ash and Alain's match. Next Thursday is gonna be packed

Muddy120

Muddy Warrior
I'm not a super Bleach fan but I grew up with this anime along with the usual One Piece and Naruto as well and it is crazy to just suddenly hear its ending like this so sudden. It has been long overdue for sure, but now that its coming to an end I can't help but miss it when its gone even if I never kept up to the series till this point.

Ominous Wind

One of my main grievances with this final arc is how a lot of the fights end up not meaning anything. Fights like Toshiro vs Bazz where Toshiro trained without his Bankai to become stronger but in the end, he doesn't defeat Bazz. Or Komamura vs Bambietta where Komamura literally sacrificed himself but still didn't finish her.

And the worst part is, none of those battles meant anything seeing as all the enemies would have died because of Awschwalen.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Hopefully. There's, who, Ukitake, Shinji, Aizen (if he ever had one), Hisagi, Love... Iba? Aaaand maybe a few others I've forgotten.

Or he never had an idea for them in the first place even. Who knows.

Isshin.

One of my main grievances with this final arc is how a lot of the fights end up not meaning anything. Fights like Toshiro vs Bazz where Toshiro trained without his Bankai to become stronger but in the end, he doesn't defeat Bazz. Or Komamura vs Bambietta where Komamura literally sacrificed himself but still didn't finish her.

And the worst part is, none of those battles meant anything seeing as all the enemies would have died because of Awschwalen.

My main grievance is that.. Fights like Shunsui vs. Ican'tdieowlturkey and Mayuri vs. Pernida took way too long. I can only imagine that Kubo got the notice that he was getting cancelled at some point after he penned those fights, because if I were him I'd have cut a few chapters from those fights in order to not have such a rushed anticlimax against Yhwach.

Stuff that was set-up just amounted to one or two frames. Isshin and Uryuu's dad showing up, just to give an arrowhead mere seconds after Haschwalt just kicks the bucket. It seriously annoyed me that apparently those fights I mentioned took too much time so Kubo just had to kill off Gerard and Haschwalt since he didn't have the panelspace to give their fights a real conclusion. Yhwach didn't even use their powers, so it just reeks like he ran out of panelspace.

Ominous Wind

Isshin.

My main grievance is that.. Fights like Shunsui vs. Ican'tdieowlturkey and Mayuri vs. Pernida took way too long. I can only imagine that Kubo got the notice that he was getting cancelled at some point after he penned those fights, because if I were him I'd have cut a few chapters from those fights in order to not have such a rushed anticlimax against Yhwach.

Stuff that was set-up just amounted to one or two frames. Isshin and Uryuu's dad showing up, just to give an arrowhead mere seconds after Haschwalt just kicks the bucket. It seriously annoyed me that apparently those fights I mentioned took too much time so Kubo just had to kill off Gerard and Haschwalt since he didn't have the panelspace to give their fights a real conclusion. Yhwach didn't even use their powers, so it just reeks like he ran out of panelspace.

Those fights were basically "lol I got you! Sike! You thought!" I hate them even if I loved the theme of Kyouraku's Bankai and backstory.

How freaking cool would it had been if Isshin, Ichigo, Ryuken, and Uryu teamed to fight Ywach in order to avenge Masaki and Katagiri? Was that too much to ask? Isshin and Ryuken knew that Ywach was responsible for the deaths of their wifes but apparently they didn't care.

Ominous Wind

Kubo, the way you went with your manga may have not been the correct one a lot of times, but Iam satisfied in some way. However:

Why did you copy-pasted the Naruto ending, you glorious sob?

Kubo, the way you went with your manga may have not been the correct one a lot of times, but Iam satisfied in some way. However:

Why did you copy-pasted the Naruto ending, you glorious sob?

His entire series was copy pasta. I feel sorry for the readers. Kubo has basically angered the world the past few years with this series.

Ominous Wind

Well, if there was any doubt about Bleach being axed, this final chapter shows it. However, Orihima and Ichigo married! How cool is that? I was fearing Kubo would kill her happiness. And Renji are Ruki got together! I love the childhood friends turned into lovers trope.

I'll post more when the chapter is translated,

Status
Not open for further replies.