• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bleach or Naruto?

Which is a better manga: Naruto or Bleach?

• Naruto!

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Bleach!

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidoprince

OK. Here's why I wanted to start this thread. I talked to my friend about Naruto and he brought up Bleach. He said it's OK, and he likes Naruto better. Then, much later after that, I went to a comic-con and had a discussion about anime with these people that worked there. They said Bleach is TWELVE TIMES better than Naruto.

I have yet to read Bleach, and all I know is that there's a guy with orange hair that has a sword. I have read Naruto for a few volumes, but then got into the anime more.

So here's what I want: answers! What is better? Naruto or Bleach?

And please, no spoilers unless in the spoiler tags, I'm not so far in the storyline of either.

Horoika1

<--Next Pokémon Hunt
I will have to say Naruto. It has more unknowns.

Bleach, has very few unknowns and it's all just fighting for a common and recurrent purpose: defeat the antagonists.

Naruto has the goal of trying to defeat the antagonist except for one: Sasuke; making it a tricky situation.

Alloute

Not Banned
Both, I cannot possibly decide.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Depends on what you like. If it random fights and hot girls, Then go for Bleach. If it's an random ninja story with questionable plot, Then go for Naruto.

Alloute

Not Banned
Depends on what you like. If it random fights and hot girls, Then go for Bleach. If it's an random ninja story with questionable plot, Then go for Naruto.

Is that really what you think of them?

Bleach has hot girls? Never noticed. Random ninja stories? Since when is the plot random?

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Is that really what you think of them?

Bleach has hot girls? Never noticed. Random ninja stories? Since when is the plot random?
That's what I think they boil down to.

Does Orihime come to mind? What about Matsumoto? Bleach has a girl that fits every type and fetish. As for Naruto, The plot zigs and zags all around. Things you think are important are either never fully explain or just drop.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I've only read a few Bleach chapters here and there, and IMO the plot can be a little dry... the characters are awesome - everything from their design to their personality to their (to some extent) backstory. But unfortunately - like I said - the plot (random fights as was mentioned) sort of turns me off.

Naruto on the other hand has an excellent plot, I think. Sure, it can be random, and the author sometimes doesn't know exactly where he's going with things, but for the most part he's done a good job of keeping me hooked. Not to mention I like his drawing style, and the surprises and plot twists can be pretty cool. And the characters are easy to be fond of.

So yeah... I'd definitely have to side with Naruto, but I suggest you read many chapters from each and decide which you like better; there are various reasons to favor each.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Just a suggestion, If you're gonna read one arc of Bleach, Read the Turn Back The Pendulum arc. It's real good and you won't have to have much knowledge of the previous chapters to understand it.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I myself read both Bleach and Naruto, and it is a tough choice really as each has their own individual aspects which make them great.

I feel Naruto has a more gripping and less predictable story than Bleach, however, Bleach has it's amazing fight scenes (which mainly in the manga, I find far better drawn than fight scenes in Naruto). As for characters, they all have their good characters and bad characters, I do however think that Bleach has better character designs for villains (compare say, Ulquiorra to Orochimaru) and characters like Mayuri and Kenpachi, however, Naruto also has it's good characters, such as Kakashi, Killer Bee, and heck, even Danzo has an interesting design.

What I like about Naruto too, is Naruto was thrown into the plot a lot harder than Ichigo. Naruto was a reject, he has a demon sealed in him. Ichigo, is a bit of a hard nut, and always has been, so I feel people can sympathise with Naruto a lot more than Ichigo, and I myself find Naruto to be a far more interesting protagonist.

I did notice a bit of repetition in Bleach though:
Soul Society Arc - Let's all rescue Rukia!
Hueco Mundo Arc - Let's all rescue Orihime!

Who are they going to rescue next? Rangiku?!

I feel Naruto is a lot less repetitive than Bleach, and it is for that reason that I am voting Naruto. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying one is better than the other, but there is just no neutral option, it really depends what you want in a story - For plot, go to Naruto, for beautiful action, go Bleach.

I have to say though, one thing Bleach does better than Naruto with is - Do you see any Bleachtards? No. But that's probably due to outside of Japan, Bleach has a higher target audience.

Nidoprince

OK, so my friend isn't crazy...well, bring on the posts.

Mawile XD

ello thar
Bleach is good, but Tite Kubo refuses to kill any major protagonists, and he's really lowered the standard that the Soul Society Arc brought. Ever since the Fake Karakura Town arc, I feel like he feels the need to make the villains more powerful and difficult to beat that before, but then the shinigami win after pulling something random.

Naruto declined for a while as well, but I feel that it's gotten better. Naruto has excellent characters like Gaara, and the protagonists lose sometimes. Naruto isn't even one of the stronger characters for much of the series, and apart from
Sasuke, who defeated the likes of Deidara and Itachi, (though the latter was holding back)
, the characters are balanced.

Nidoprince

I should've added One Peace to this...only nobody's mentioned it yet, so I didn't add it to the poll.

Nidoprince

No yeah also, this Naruto has varied characters. In Bleach they are kinda repetitive. and in Naruto, you probably won't hate the main character.

I already watch Naruto, but not read it. I do like Naruto, but for some reason, he's not my favorite character. I like Sasori though, even though he
dies.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Bleach. But One piece is better then both.

Status
Not open for further replies.