1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Bleach shipping thread

Discussion in 'Alternative Shipping' started by JPG, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPG

JPG Well-Known Member

well since everyone else was doing one, i figured i would too. and for bleach of course.

rules:
    standard SPPf rules apply

spoilers should have tags

no flaming or insulting other posters

if you post fan art or AMVs, give credit to the Creator of said work.

most of all, HAVE FUN!

first topic:

what's your favorite couple and why?

2. Mel-Girl

Mel-Girl left. right.

Uryu x Orihime - My Bleach OTP. I love it to pieces. Freaking pieces. Uryu is so awesome, even with his random nerdyness and random style and sewing and all that. Those are just things I love about Uryu. Then you get Orihime who is uber cute and uber sweet and well, the two just mesh really well. Orihime is a lot smarter than others give credit for and so, it's not just a nerd and a ditz. I love the way Uryu is always looking out for her and protecting her and omg, he jus tcares for her so much. he was even willing to go to rescue her by himself even when he probably knew it would be impossible, but he just wanted Orihime to be okay. I think he has feelings for the gal, I really do and I desperately want Orihime to notice him and realise that Uryu has well, been there for her all along and well, knowing Uryu, he'll always be there for her. OMG <33333333

And well, tbh, IshiHime is the only pairing I care for in Bleach. XD;

Though I do like Tohsiro x Momo. He's looking out for her so often, it's very sweet. <3

I like Renji x Rukia heaps too. Renji is just so squeeable and I think he cares more for Rukia than he likes to let on. This was like, my Bleach OTP for ages until I really caught onto IshiHime. <3

Yup, that's all I got for now! ^^

3. Kurai

Kurai Elite Sage

Ichigo/Ishida, hands down and no contest. I started to like a little after their first meeting, and then it just grew from there. It was pretty hilarious how they acted around each other (and I'm going to admit that, most of Ichigo's interactions with the guys in that show are just funny as all hell). I've also always been a sucker for rival pairings, and this one pretty much fits the bill. And the Soul Society arc and the anime's Bount arc was one of my favorites, because it really showed how much they cared for each other (and everyone else as well, can't forget that!) and hellz yes, THEY ARE FRIENDS. No matter how hard either one of them tries to deny it--this more so pertains to Ishida more than Ichigo.

I got more ships that I sail for this anime, but IchiIshi is totally my OTP.

4. Tadashi

Tadashi kiss my greens

Sweet, another thread for me.

What's your favorite couple and why?

IchiRuki.

Yep.

I know that... well, with the way the Rescue series ended... yeah. BUT, it doesn't stop me from loving the pairing ^_^ They're both hot-headed, stubborn, and ridiculously funny, but they are also very passionate people overall. It just makes for awesome chemistry, you know? Plus, come on, she lived in his closet. How can you not get some kind of sexual joke out of that? I don't care that he's 15 and she's... wait, how old is she again? ... Well, I don't care. Ages didn't matter with me. She can always get temporary body, if you catch my drift~ =P *shot*

............ Okay, and their witty banter in the first dozen or so eps really sold it for me.

"Any questions?"
    "Yeah, I got a question... why do your drawings suck so bad?"

5. MyCurrentObsession

MyCurrentObsession Cool Loser

Sweet! A Bleach pairing thread! I've been wanting one of these for a long time!

Um... seriously? I've got way too many to be able to easily pick just one! But... I'd probably say Renji/Rukia. Why? Well, for lots of reasons! I mean, it's obvious that Renji likes her as more than a friend, and when they were younger (growing up together in Rukongai and staying together in the Shinigami Academy), she seemed to like him, too. From what the flashbacks have shown, it really seemed to me like the two were pretty much destined to end up together, until Byakuya (sp?) came into the picture and threw them for a loop. That time, Renji 'let her go' because he really seemed to think it would be best for her, despite it killing him inside. But her reaction to his view on her being adopted by Byakuya always intrigued me. The look on her face and her distant attitude afterwards spoke to me. It seemed as if she wanted him to say something more along the lines of, "No. Don't go, Rukia. Stay with me." And of course there was the line given to Renji after he'd become a lieutenant about how it was 'time for him and Rukia to rekindle their old relationship' (as if that wasn't implying something...). Then in the Soul Society arc, he tried everything he could to save her, even going against his own captain, whom he admired greatly. And there's something else that bothers me. When Ichigo finally saved Rukia, what did he do? Give her to Renji and tell him to not let her go (He supports Renji/Rukia, hah! :D). Renji did just that, getting harmed quite a bit in his effort to protect her. Now, in the more recent arcs, the two have clearly regained their bond and Rukia is still the first person Renji thinks and worries about when the group's in danger, but unlike Ichigo, he trusts her enough to know she can take care of herself. I just really like the dynamics of this pairing (all the fun squabbling the two have, but with a deep bond underneath it all; it's so romantic!), and love it a lot!

Okay, so... wow. I just babbled on, huh? But anyway... if it's all right, I'd like to go ahead and extend from the original topic by saying, What pairings do you like, and why? (instead of just OTPs, this calls for all the Bleach pairings you like)
    I'll answer this later.

6. Minun-Kun

Minun-Kun Kaen Rakurai♪

I like IchigoxRenji, AizenxGin, ToshiroxIchigo, em.... (trying to think of hetro pairings), IshidaxOriheme, that's it for now i think.

Ichigo x Renji cuz the way they act around each other, and of course there's that scene where ichi tells renji to undress. hilarious. lolz. :D

Aizen x Gin cuz they always get on, it's so cute. they like never fall out.

Toshiro x Ichigo because (yes i actually wrote the whole word lolz.=]) of the 2nd movie. Ichigo is really really caring towards hitsugaya, and they always seem to have this.. thing... when they are around each other. and the whole "it's captain hitsugaya to you" thing. it's so cute!!!

7. Toran Frostbite

Toran Frostbite Highrise Above All

Seeing as I don't watch or read the series, know only moderate amounts of what's actually going on, and a couple of wikia reads...Isshin Kurosaki/Ryuuken Ishida.

Why? Because sometimes, I latch onto older characters that aren't about being pretty (*coughByakuyacough*). And when fathers are generally shown to know each other after the sons have already met...that's all the reason I usually need (the dynamic is personally more interesting, especially when Isshin and Ryuuken themselves have such interesting backgrounds to boot...they're also sexier than their sons; o snap, I went there!). It works for me. 8D I don't need anything more from the series.

8. Fr0zen

Fr0zen Bankai ^^

I think, ichiruki and shunsui x nanao are my faves at the moment ^^

9. ChloboShoka

ChloboShoka Writer

Rukia x Orihime.

Don't watch Bleach often but from what I've seen I really do like Rukia x Orhime because Orihime is so sweet and Rukia is so cool and tough. I support it as both friends and lovers and I think they could have so much fun together. And when there are pictures like this one, it makes me love the pairing more .And that's why I think it's such and adorable pairing.

More here <3

That's my Bleach OTP.

And I like Rukia x Ichigo for the same reason as Tadashi and I like Orihime x Ichigo too. My personal favorite Ichigo pairing is Ichigo x Chad. I find that sexy. :3

10. Sapphiredragon929

Sapphiredragon929 A r t i f i c e.

Let's see now, for this I would probably have to choose Yuumichika x Ikkaku. Well, maybe it's the way they both act concern for each other and one of them is really flamboyant, and the other one is so muscley that he has to be gay. -shot-

I'll answer the other one tommorow~

11. Nightlingbolt

Nightlingbolt AKA Nightlingbolt

Well, I'll just pick a few pairings off the top of my head.

There's the obvious RukiHime scene which I rant and rave about when Rukia was comforting Orihime. I still maintain that they would've kissed had Hiyori not barged in. I like MatsuHime for the same reason, plus Rangiku was more confident in that one scene than she ever was with Gin. I mean, she was naked and straddling Orihime, so that has to count for something.

I can't say much for any yaoi pairings in Bleach... maybe ByaRen? I dunno, there needs to be more hints for me to be sold. However, when I think of Bleach and yaoi, I think of KomaTo. Yes, Komamura x Tosen. I even wrote a songfic for that pairing. Not that I like it. I just listened to the song one day and suddenly decided "this fits that couple." The song is Randy Houser's "Anything Goes," by the way.

The one pairing in Bleach I absolutely can't stand is UlquiHime. I mean, the relationship is built on a Stockholm-esque foundation and, if I may say so, almost masochistic on Orihime's end. That's why I don't like pairing Nel, a self-declared masochist, with anyone.

Recent chapters have turned me on to a new pairing: HinaHarri. No, they've never officially met. I just say that because they were both loyal to Aizen, who just threw them away, and even tried to kill each of them. I'm not so sure about Harribel's fate, but if she survives, I can see the potential for this pairing.

D'oh! I almost forgot HitsuHina! Toshiro cares so much for Momo that he threw caution to the wind and went Bankai on Aizen just because he tried to kill her! And even when she tried to kill him, Toshiro never raised his sword to her. He just can't! That's all there is to it!

I think I covered all the pairings I like and dislike, so I'll stop here.

12. Lily Nadesico

Lily Nadesico Active Member

I'm kind of a rare breed, since I like both IchiRuki and IchiHime equally. Other than that, I'm a sucker for IshiHime, HitsuHina and... erm... SoiYoru.

Hey, who said a girl can't like some yuri? ^_^

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  13. Lily Nadesico

Lily Nadesico Active Member

Heh, what do you know, I seem to have become neutral to UlquiHime... guess Bleach is just one of those fandoms I'm not really enthusiastic about when it comes to shipping...

But still, I'm a convinced IchiRuki fan! ^_^

14. HeartSmack

HeartSmack Stupid Fanfic Writer

I'm an IchiRuki, and I also quite like IshiHime, UlquiHime, and Urahara/Yoruichi(I forget the name.....)

15. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

I am a Bleach fan and I ship Ichigo/Rukia I just think they have so much chemistry and love all the scenes they have together. This is the only pairing I like on the show.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  16. Crimsonlink

Crimsonlink Crimson Champion

I like Ichi/Hime although Ichi/Ruki is my second favorite lol.
    I also like Uryuu/Nemu, Chad/Harribel even though they never met, Renji/Ruki, Uki/Uno, Kyo/Lisa, and Kenpachi/Kukaku.

17. Hikari Paradise

Hikari Paradise Forever Alone

I am a supporter of IchiNel and UlqiHime.

18. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I only really ship one pair and that's Gin/Rangiku. I don't know the official name sorry lol. Anyway, they're the most interesting characters in the series to me. Gin is sneaky, evil, even hurtful but he has shown his soft side a few times like when he was shown caring for Rangiku when they were younger. Rangiku is just the kind of person you'd expect to see at a bar since she loves to drink and she looks "sexy" but underneath, I think she's a nice person. I think Gin and Rangiku share a lot of differences but maybe opposites attract?

19. CafeMocha_Negaishipper

CafeMocha_Negaishipper the silent one

i supprt ichiruki,ichihime, and renjiruki

ichiruki-because they have so many scenes it's impossible not to find one

ichihime-i've always been a sucker for shy girl liking tough boy

renjruki-it will probably happen if ichihime happens and plus it's cute.

20. Love in a Mist

Love in a Mist Mostly Harmless

UlquiHime & ByaRuki all the way \o/
    Though I like IshiHime & IchiRuki too, as well as Chad/basically anyone. (I love Chad, haha)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.