• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Blue Exorcist General Discussion (Movie has been Green-lit!)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2011-09-30/blue-exorcist-anime-film-green-lit

Yep. There's going to be a movie. No news yet as to whether it's going to be a conclusion, side-story or recap (please God no).
So what are people's thoughts on this. Great news about a potentially great movie of a great anime? Or burying the franchise's name further into the dirt after it commited the apparently unforgiveable sin of inevitably straying from the manga?

Oh, and discuss the series in general here, too.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
WAT. Movie? Well it is popular enough...

Could not be less excited. I like the anime's character designs and ideas, but the way everything was presented just seemed to be a jumbled mess. "Oh Mephisto seems to be behind everything (too obvious to be considered a plot twist) ...oh, now he's not really doing anything. Oh now one of Rin's friends is afraid of him ...okay, that mini-arc was kind of pointless. OH the eyepatch guy came back and is stirring up trouble again! Oh his wife is a good person..." Each little story left me wondering "what was the point of all that in the long run?" Like I said, I liked the designs and I also think the animation is decent too.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
If it's a recap i'm going to kill myself.

ForeverFlame

I lost all interest in the Anime, honestly. I prefer the manga, so I just dropped the Anime to stop myself from fanraging.

IMO they didn't stray from the story enough. It's similar enough to the manga that you can tell that it's the inferior version. FMA was an orange to the manga's apple, so there will always be people who like the first Anime more. Blue Exorcist's Anime is just a sour apple.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
IMO they didn't stray from the story enough. It's similar enough to the manga that you can tell that it's the inferior version. FMA was an orange to the manga's apple, so there will always be people who like the first Anime more. Blue Exorcist's Anime is just a sour apple.

Great analogy, that's enough to get me to read the manga.

(Y'know, if I've got time. >_>')

I lost all interest in the Anime, honestly. I prefer the manga, so I just dropped the Anime to stop myself from fanraging.

I respectfully disagree. I think the parts of the anime that were taken from the manga were handled better than they were in the manga (particularly the opening pair of episodes). And I'm not entirely sure how you know the manga's story is better than the anime's when the manga so far consists of the early chapters which were all in the anime and an overlong side-story about the Kyoto Boys' families and some plague demon's eyeballs.

Well. That was a decent ending, all told. It tied things up nicely enough (all that was really missing was Puppet-Troll getting some attention) and ended on good note. I also enjoyed oldy-time Mephisto's oldy-time clothing. Almost as snazzy as his usual attire! Plus, Rin and Yukio flying through hordes of demons on Blacky's back practically defined 'travelling in style'.

Only real pity is that it pretty much confirmed that the movie will be a complete waste of time.

ForeverFlame

Well, that was a god-awful ending (yes, I only watched the ending so that I could complain about it). The final battle wasn't even as good as the battle against the Impure King in the manga, and that battle is still ongoing.

The manga will probably end up around FMA's length (~30 volumes), and right now it only has 7. There's so much potential that the Anime didn't capture that it's not even funny.