• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bonnie for Defense (852)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Mobilise, Lapras Defence Corps! Bonnie Does Her Best!!

While heading to Coumarine City, Ash & Co. decide to stop off in a forest to relax. With everyone relaxing in their own way, Bonnie decides to explore the nearby area with Dedenne. On exploring, she meets up with three kids who call themselves the Lapras Defense Corps due to the fact they are looking after an injured Lapras. As Lapras is nearly healed, it seems rather sad so the kids decide it's time to release it back in the ocean. However, as they go to do so, Team Rocket appears to try to get the Lapras. Without having Pokémon of their own to defend Lapras, will the kids be able to get it back into the wild and hold off Team Rocket?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with Ash and co. in exiting a building, probably a Pokemon Center.

Ash is excited for the next gym and Serena lets her Pokemon out.

Bonnie tells Clemont something before heading into a forest.

When Bonnie walks through the forest, she comes across three children.

Bonnie says something that scares the children a bit.

Ken is the bot with the blue shirt, Joe is the bot with the green shirt and Hina is the girl.

The three children are the Lapras Defence Corps, who are trying to heal an injured Lapras.

Hina picks up Dedenne and rubs cheeks with it, but ends up getting electrocuted.

She falls down on the ground afterwards.

All four children hear a sound in the distance and then they go to a rocky coast.

In the nearby water, there the Lapras is.

The Lapras Defence Corps take off the clothes that are covering their swimming wear.

Then they jump in the water, before Bonnie does the same thing.

The kids swim over to Lapras and remember when they met the injured Lapras.

Ken and Joe are hiding behind a rock and Bonnie is sitting on a rock nearby with Dedenne.

Hina is near Bonnie and then the three Lapras Defence Corps kids are annoyed at Bonnie for some reason.

All four kids are in a cave and talk to eachother and then they hold up something in the air.

They are also shouting something, probably their promise to help Lapras.

The kids hear some voices shouting for Bonnie and it is Ash, Serena and Clemont.

The two groups are now together, with Lapras and Ash uses his Pokedex on Lapras.

Clemont seems to be patting the Lapras.

The Lapras Defece Force kids (LDF) have another flashback.

In the flashback, the kids are in a town (Probably Lumiose) and they are with an Eevee.

Some lady sees the kids playing with the Eevee and I think they take it away from them.

Back in the present, Team Rocket are starving and they have on croissant in front of them.

Inkay comes out of its Pokeball and ends up eating it.

Dare Da? Lapras.

Nurse Joy has taken a look at Lapras and I think she has healed it back to health.

Ken, Joe and Hina are happy that the Lapras is now healthy.

Team Rocket are spying on the Lapras and they make a noise, which Lapras hears.

Lapras cries out and Ash and co. wonder why.

The group then plans to bring Lapras back to the ocean.

Serena pulls out her map to check where they need to take Lapras, I think.

The group then follows Lapras along to a dead end.

There are a bunch of rocks blocking their path.

Ash decides to bring out Froakie and Hawlucha.

Then Clemont brings out Chespin and Luxio and Serena brings out Fennekin.

All of the Pokemon attack the rocks and end up destroying them.

Then continue to lead Lapras back to the ocean.

Team Rocket block Lapras's path with their Magikarp submarine.

Jessie brings out her Pumpkaboo to attack Ash and co.

Ash and co. then notice that James is standing on a nearby small fishing plank.

James lifts up his hat that he used as a disguise, to reveal his face and Inkay is with James.

Lapras and the four kids go with Lapras, as Lapras heads for the ocean.

Team Rocket continue to attack Lapras.

There are some more Lapras nearby that are probably waiting for the lost Lapras.

Lapras used Hydro Pump or some sort of Water move.

Eventually Team Rocket blasts off and Lapras reunites with the other Lapras in the ocean.

The next day, Ash and co. leave a Pokemon Center, I think and then start running.

To be continued.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The two groups are now together, with Lapras and Ash uses his Pokedex on Lapras.
Really? I mean, seriously? I understand the writers are doing this for new fans but even I think it's just ridiculous that Ash is using the pokédex to scan a pokémon he actually owned. They could've at least let Serena do it

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
this episode more looks like to fit more for the children , but i think i get it since the episode is mostly focused on eureka and the lapras corp

did anyone get to hear the name of the guys in the lapras corp members correctly, i only heard hina's name because her name was mentioned the most among the three

also team rocket again had those outfit, repetitive equals bland :/

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Ash uses his Pokedex on Lapras.
Really? I mean, seriously? I understand the writers are doing this for new fans but even I think it's just ridiculous that Ash is using the pokédex to scan a pokémon he actually owned. They could've at least let Serena do it
Actually it was Serena who dex'ed Lapras.

Initially i also though that it was Ash, but then i looked carefully at the following scenes and noticed it was her instead.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
this episode more looks like to fit more for the children , but i think i get it since the episode is mostly focused on eureka and the lapras corp

did anyone get to hear the name of the guys in the lapras corp members correctly, i only heard hina's name because her name was mentioned the most among the three

also team rocket again had those outfit, repetitive equals bland :/

Pokemon is for Children or atleast thats their target.

Seviper009

ii kanji
Wow, motto with Jessie and Meowth. Jessie got some new animation in that motto too, I really hope that they use that more often, it looked really good.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Wow, motto with Jessie and Meowth. Jessie got some new animation in that motto too, I really hope that they use that more often, it looked really good.

james was used as a bait to lure the lapras corp that's why, if it hasn't been for trapping the trio lapras corp then i don't think meowth will do james tag line

although i had to agree meowth doing james could have been better than james himself

also it looks like to me james didn't get blasted at the same time with jessie and meowth, where did he go :/

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I like how Ash just told the kids that Lapras is gonna die if they don't take it to Nurse Joy when they were being all "all adults are bad". Keepin' it nice and real. Teaching kids of the harshness of life. No mercy.

He's dealt with a dying Lapras before, so I felt it was a nice touch that he put that straight out there..

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
There is no redeeming aspect to this episode whatsoever.

Just your standard Rocket and POTD filler.

0/10

You're being too harsh...

Yeah it was boring, pointless, and overall dumb. But that's filler you shouldn't expect much from them.

4/10

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I like how Ash just told the kids that Lapras is gonna die if they don't take it to Nurse Joy when they were being all "all adults are bad". Keepin' it nice and real. Teaching kids of the harshness of life. No mercy.

I like how many mentions of death there are in the raw version. Watch as TCPi takes this reference out and ruins the little bit of maturity that the show has.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I like how many mentions of death there are in the raw version. Watch as TCPi takes this reference out and ruins the little bit of maturity that the show has.
Except TCPi sticks to the actual script pretty well, sometimes almost to the detriment of the flow of the dialog, and they didn't do anything to the death mention in the Espurr episode.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Except TCPi sticks to the actual script pretty well, sometimes almost to the detriment of the flow of the dialog, and they didn't do anything to the death mention in the Espurr episode.

I know, but they avoided using the 'dreaded D-word' even then. I think it's pretty lame to what extents they try to limit the usage of that word.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I know, but they avoided using the 'dreaded D-word' even then. I think it's pretty lame to what extents they try to limit the usage of that word.
Passed Away=Death. No real difference there.