• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Boomshakalaka!

woot21

super noob
Boomshakalaka! NBA JAM returns

MONSTER JAM!!! That's right folks, an arcade/golden era classic is getting a revival, NBA JAM is returning, and only on the Wii. It's being devolved by EA Sports, and is slated for release this year. Plus EA is taking fan input on the rosters, going as far as to hold a poll on the game's official site for three teams each week.

There were jams and rumors of jams, but now it's official - EA is bringing back Midway's classic arcade basketball game this year with EA Sports NBA Jam for the Nintendo Wii.

Midway's NBA Jam took arcades by storm in 1993, it's over-the-top arcade basketball action and colorful commentary packing in the crowds at the arcade. The console port, released on March 4, 1994 (Jam Day!), sold extremely well. Now Midway and sequel creator Acclaim are both dead, but jam is alive and well in the hands of EA Canada in Vancouver, where EA Sports NBA Jam is being developed.

EA's NBA Jam "mixes the old school with the new," with familiar gameplay mixed with new characters, additional game modes, and "gameplay depth."

"NBA JAM is one of the most recognizable franchises in videogame history," said Peter Moore, President, EA SPORTS. "Diehard fans of the original game have been asking for a remake for more than a decade. We're very excited to give them their wish this year with the return of this iconic franchise."

Resurrecting NBA Jam sure seems like an interesting way to bolster the Wii sports game audience, an audience EA Sports seems to have had trouble locating over the past three years. Is it in the shoes? We'll see later this year.

So yes, NBA JAM is back, but will it have fans shouting "HE'S ON FIRE!!!!!" or will this game be a WILD SHOT! UGLY SHOT!, only time will tell.

woot21 out dawgs

Last edited:

BCVM22

FROM DOWNTOWN!

Could you edit just a hint as to the thread's topic into the title, wooter?

woot21

super noob
FROM DOWNTOWN!

Think a mod needs to do that for me. So could one do that?

With that out of the way I can say I am genuinely excited for the game, as I was a fan of the old ones, and the gameplay should be similar, since it will be staying 2v2.

woot21 out dawgs

Slick

Banned
WELCOME TO THE SPACE JAM!

Now I want to watch that movie again.

Yes, you do.

So is this gonna be full-retail? Too lazy to read first post really.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Heard about this a few days ago. No doubt I'm excited, since it's the only sports game I've ever given a crap about, and the only sports franchise I actually own a game of. Fark yeah.

woot21

super noob
Yes, you do.

So is this gonna be full-retail? Too lazy to read first post really.
From what I have read it does seem like it will be full-retail, though those details aren't out yet. Though with what they are promising to be in there it seems highly unlikely for it to be anything besides full-retail, what with the fact that there will be secret characters, legends, playable mascots, cheats (including big head mode), and others. Seems like a lot to put into game that wouldn't be full-retail.

woot21 out dawgs

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
FROM DOWNTOWN!

hahaha that was my favourite line from the game.

I own NBA Jam on SNES and i just might go play it since it was so dam epic. Can't wait for the wii game, even someone who doesn't like basketball should be getting this game.

Slick

Banned
From what I have read it does seem like it will be full-retail, though those details aren't out yet. Though with what they are promising to be in there it seems highly unlikely for it to be anything besides full-retail, what with the fact that there will be secret characters, legends, playable mascots, cheats (including big head mode), and others. Seems like a lot to put into game that wouldn't be full-retail.

woot21 out dawgs

Alright, sweet then. I'm sure I'll pick this up eventually.