• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Booster Boxes

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Hello,

So I just ordered an HS 2 and an HS 5 booster box for 60 bucks a piece on Ebay-

I was wondering if there was anyone that could help me determine if Id been duped or not as far as legitimacy of these cards?

If I can avoid it, Id like to not have to open the booster boxes and keep them sealed so I can return them for my money back, but if I have to open a pack to see thats ok too I suppose- since from what I have read ebay will still honor my refund.

Note: I do not have the boxes yet.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
HS 2 is unleashed and HS 5 is call of legends.

Kaji Motomiya

KNIGHT of SPEAR
What's the rating of the user? How much has s/he sold, what's his/her sell percentage rate?

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
What's the rating of the user? How much has s/he sold, what's his/her sell percentage rate?

Feedback Rating is 100% and they have sold 30 items. Two of the feedback messages mention Pokemon cards but I suspect the people that bought them wouldnt have any idea about fakes anyways. I know that the person has sold quite few of the boxes around the same time I purchased them, however the shipment is coming from China (very suspect) and takes 13 business days give or take to arrive so Im guessing the others havent gotten their products either.

Kaji Motomiya

KNIGHT of SPEAR
No offense man, but he's right. eBay sellers are worth trusting is they are AT LEAST at 99.5% and well over a certain thousand (I set my cap from over 5000 to call them trust worthy, even if they do or don't have the High Rated Seller medal-looking thing).

kris198921

take a picture of the boxes when you get them so we can see them and make sure you can see the plastic wrap on it and all 4 sides

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Well one thing I can think of is how many packs are in the boxes? Real non-Japanese boxes have 36 packs per box. Most of the fakes ones I've seen have various other amounts. And yes, definately post pictures of them here before you open them. Did you pay with PayPal? Because I'm pretty sure they cover you against counterfeit cards. :/
But on the bright side there is a chance that they're real. Some of m local card shops sells HGSS boxes for $73USD each after tax. So it's possable that the person has a shop that's going out of buisness and wants to sell them off a little cheaper.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
take a picture of the boxes when you get them so we can see them and make sure you can see the plastic wrap on it and all 4 sides

Well one thing I can think of is how many packs are in the boxes? Real non-Japanese boxes have 36 packs per box. Most of the fakes ones I've seen have various other amounts. And yes, definately post pictures of them here before you open them. Did you pay with PayPal? Because I'm pretty sure they cover you against counterfeit cards. :/
But on the bright side there is a chance that they're real. Some of m local card shops sells HGSS boxes for $73USD each after tax. So it's possable that the person has a shop that's going out of buisness and wants to sell them off a little cheaper.

Will do, and thanks for the input- its much appreciated. From what I have looked up so far, the fake ones dont have the Pokeball shrink wrap around them so that will tell as well. And yes I did pay with PayPal- and ebay has buyer protection as well- although I fear it will be a runaround trying to contact the seller before I have to scar him for life for selling me fake sh*t.

I also bought a Triumphant Box for 85, but Im a little less skeptical of that one but I will run it through its paces too.

Also Skitty- what are the names of those shops?? ^_^ Would they have websites by chance?

EDIT:

Another thing I was wondering is if the real booster boxes have all 4 pack artworks? Or just two of them? The fake ones I have seen usually only have two types of artwork on the booster packs.

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Also Skitty- what are the names of those shops?? ^_^ Would they have websites by chance?

I'll PM you their site. They don't ship their boxes out though.

Another thing I was wondering is if the real booster boxes have all 4 pack artworks? Or just two of them? The fake ones I have seen usually only have two types of artwork on the booster packs.

Yep, they have 4 different artwork for all of the recent packs.

Last edited:

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
First booster box (Triumphant)

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/picture0004zv.jpg/]
picture0004zv.jpg
[/URL]

picture0016l.jpg

picture0013x.jpg

picture0020k.jpg

Sorry for the blurriness... it was either my laptop built in cam or my shitty resolution DSi. It all looks legitimate but there is no Pokeball on the packaging around the box at all. No spelling mistakes from what I can see... Any suggestions? Also it being from China- it was shipped standard with no box so it got pretty tattered along the way.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Well the box looks real, but it's definately not factory sealed. And technically they (or someone else) could have opened it and gone through the packs and pulled out the good ones and then replaced them with packs from another box. And because that's so easy to do that you might not get anything good at all if they did that.
Did the auction say it was factory sealed? Because if it did then my personal opinion is to get a refund for the item not being what was described in the auction. Other than the high chance of you not pulling anything good, there doesn't seem to be anything obviously wrong with it based on the actual box. But as someone just posted here, just because the box looks/is real doesn't mean the contents are.

Last edited:

kris198921

well it looks legit to me also aside from the packaging. you may want to open 1 pack and see if it the cards are real

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/picture0004zv.jpg/]
picture0004zv.jpg
[/URL]

picture0016l.jpg

picture0013x.jpg

picture0020k.jpg

Sorry for the blurriness... it was either my built in cam or my shitty resolution DSi. It all looks legitimate but there is no Pokeball on the packaging around the box at all. No spelling mistakes from what I can see... Any suggestions? Also it being from China- it was shipped standard with no box so it got pretty tattered along the way.

i thought you order a unleashed box and call of legends? i got ripped off ones and it looks i got ripped off again because i order 2 boxs from china like a week ago.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Well the box looks real, but it's definately not factory sealed. And technically they (or someone else) could have opened it and gone through the packs and pulled out the good ones and then replaced them with packs from another box. And because that's so easy to do that you might not get anything good at all if they did that.
Did the auction say it was factory sealed? Because if it did then my personal opinion is to get a refund for the item not being what was described in the auction. Other than the high chance of you not pulling anything good, there doesn't seem to be anything obviously wrong with it based on the actual box. But as someone just posted here, just because the box looks/is real doesn't mean the contents are.
Duely noted. Thanks for your input- I think I will have to do that.
well it looks legit to me also aside from the packaging. you may want to open 1 pack and see if it the cards are real
As Skitty said- it doesnt appear to be factory sealed and thats a deal breaker for me.

i thought you order a unleashed box and call of legends? i got ripped off ones and it looks i got ripped off again because i order 2 boxs from china like a week ago.
I havent gotten those two yet- this one was 85 but the other two were 60 a pop. Yeah **** China- never trusting them again.
I guess you just got a good deal from people who don't know how to profit, lol.

Well, I dont know about that. If they are fake- or even tampered with- then they did profit some way. If they are fake- the fake booster boxes cost like 10 bucks US. So thats 600% profit for the other two and 800% for the one I just posted.

EDIT: So the Triumphant guy wants to send me another box to replace the one i have... i just told him id like my money back and to ship it back to him.

Last edited:

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Working off of 100% (because 600% and 800% sound off so I'm going to use a base number), sound like they made 90% profit out of making something that probably cost them 10% the selling price. And this post was made after the picture's, before I saw the I got ripped off thread.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Working off of 100% (because 600% and 800% sound off so I'm going to use a base number), sound like they made 90% profit out of making something that probably cost them 10% the selling price. And this post was made after the picture's, before I saw the I got ripped off thread.

Assuming 100% is the 10 dollars they paid for it. 60 dollars would be 600% etc.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
>.>, idk how anything in this world exceeds 100% but okay, I think you mean from 60 they lost 20% to make 80% profit from a whole 100% = 60$, but I'd assume it's be more like 5 dollars to equal 10%. I've seen dollar-store rippos go for barely 90 cents so I assume its fairly cheap for them to print em.