• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Boosting pokemon squad

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Hello everyone, I am back again with a new team I would like some help with , this team I have been using which has been doing very well for me is 21 and 5. I would like to keep all set pieces but if not then it is fine to switch and or remove some pokemon, I tend to have trouble when it comes to other wall pokemon and tank pokemon. Any help would be very much appreciated and welcomed, so please feel free to provide any insight to help me out, thank you in advance.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef

Timid Nature

- Taunt

- Spikes

- Stealth Rock

- Thunder Wave

Deoxys is my first to go pokemon; I know at first glance he is taunt bait so I have given him focus sash as an extra safety net. Being Taunt Bait is why I make sure I get taunt of first; I use thunder wave to cause some time for me to being my set up, I then begin by using spikes and stealth rock. Once this is all taken care of I can work on layering up the spikes to at least 3, then when the hazards are all out assuming deoxys survived I can go on the offensive.

Azumarill (F) @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Huge Power

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef

Adamant Nature

- Aqua Jet

- Belly Drum

- Waterfall

- Brick Break

Azumarill is my terror of destruction poke, it has never let me down once I am able to use belly drum and a sitrus berry combo. Aqua jet is my fast sometimes one hit KO, another reason is it is boosted with the huge power ability. Waterfall isn’t priority as aqua jet but it is a powerful attack, one hit usually takes out a poke. This falls apart though if I cannot get off belly drum which hasn’t really happened, brick break I added as coverage but not too sure about it.

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest

Ability: Iron Fist

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef

Adamant Nature

- Drain Punch

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- Thunder Punch

Conkelldur is the replacement pokemon to lucario since the ban; the assault vest item has provided a lot of defensive power and allows conkelldur to fight on. Drain punch is very strong and can damage as well as recover, though sometimes it doesn’t do as much damage as id like. Earthquake is coverage but not really effective on some pokes, iron fist ability is the main reason I have majority punch moves like thunder punch for coverage. Rock Slide has done well for me against pesky flying types who stay around after T punch.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon

Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Atk

Mild Nature

- Dragon Pulse

- Earthquake

- Crunch

- Lava Plume

Heatran is my tough poke and mostly my fire type coverage, air balloon protect form an earthquake attack. Lava plume is my preferred strong fire attack I like to run on him to damage some weak pokes, dragon pulse provides another attack towards a dragon type on the field. Crunch is a strong move I like to use on those weak to it such as psychic types; Earthquake is my own usage to take out pesky pokemon weak to it.

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite

Ability: Chlorophyll

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk

Mild Nature

- Earthquake

- Sludge Bomb

- Growth

- Giga Drain

I always have a mega on my team so I chose venasur as my one, once it hits mega form is a powerful force to be reckoned with. Growth helps it build up its power and start getting stronger, once he is powered up by at least 2 growths I can begin my attack with sludge bomb which is heavily boosted. Giga drain is also boosted which is helpful to damage and recover, earthquake is just as a strong move once I am boosted with growth and it gets the job done when needed.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk

Calm Nature

- Soft-Boiled

- Thunderbolt

- Flamethrower

- Toxic

Blissey is my ultimate attack wall as this set is not ideal but it has done its job without fail, leftovers has helped out by keeping her going and fighting on. Toxic Is my standard stall tactic as it weakens an opponent and gives me insurance to KO, soft boil is the sig move of blissey so it helps when I need to recover my hp. Flamethrower and thunderbolt are my two assault tactics, they are both powerful attacks and have not let me down at all.​

Ryuken

Steel User
There is actually a bit that you could change in this team, there is a lot of attacks that really shouldn't be used in those pokemon. Here are my recommendations:

Azumarril: Drop Brick break for Play Rough. One of azumarrils new advantages is both belly drum + aqua jet and its fairy typing. Brick break hits nothing and nowhere near as hard as Play Rough.

Conkeldurr: Drop rock slide for knock off, has way better utility, and its just wonderful when you predict a gliscor switch in and knock away its toxic orb. Also, Ice punch comes way in handier that thunder punch. I recommend changing EQ for Mach Punch as priority can sometimes ensure you a kill, and EQ wont hit much anyway. Consider also changing IF for Guts, as the boost comes in handy when facing things like rotom-w.

Heatran: Mixed heatran is terrible, not quite comparable with sludge bomb mawile, but it is pretty bad. Change it for either the sp.def set or a full sp. atk offensive one.

Venusaur: Offensive venusaur is severely outclassed, specially because it takes a while for it to get a decent boost and is terribly slow and easily revenge killed. I would recommend changing growth for something like leech seed and EQ for sythesis/sleep powder/Hp Fire, although EQ comes in handy sometimes.

Blissey: I believe flamethrower and thunderbolt are unnecessary, as they are too weak to break most subs and she could potentially become set up bait, and you lack both a phazer or a dedicated wall. Consider changing tbolt for seismic toss, as it breaks most subs with ease.

On a side note: You carry to many bulky pokemon for deoxys-s to do work, your hazards will easily be defoged/ rapid spin away.

On Conkeldurr, Id suggest Guts. Being able to use Status to your advantage is a huge plus, and your team doesnt have a status absorber. Also, Knock Off has more utility with the switches he forces, so its an option to replace Rock SLide with.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
That's a lot of changes but ill be sure to try them out later today, I'm really liking the guts in conkelldor so ill keep closer tabs on that one, hopefully I can get some more great advice :)