• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Born to Be a Champion: Pikachu's Johto Diaries

S

SBaby

You're EmeraldSky, aren't you? I read this at PC. It's really great and entertaining. I'm glad to see that you plan on finishing it. This was one of the few I wanted to see in its completion.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
A preview for you:

"...Kurt told us that if we went to the Apricorn Hills to the west and gathered some Apricorns for him, he'd make us all the Poke Balls we wanted. On that note, Mazie led us into the Hills and gave us each a basket for holding our Apricorns.

The first tree we passed held pink Apricorns, which make Love Balls. Just the thought of a Love Ball sent Brock into crazy romantic mode, but Misty snapped him out of it by telling him it they wouldn't work on Officer Jenny or Nurse Joy anyway. Not to mention that the Apricorns weren't even ripe to begin with, so Brock's dream of a Love Ball was quickly dashed...."

B

Blue Persian

I really like these diary stories you've writtin FlamingRuby!

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Day 35

Sunny
Current mood: happy
Current location: Azalea Town, resting at Kurt's house

Dear Diary:

We're still resting in Kurt's house this afternoon. It's all right--the weather has improved very nicely since we handled the situation at Slowpoke Well. In fact, Ash let me sit out on the deck while I had my lunch today. We have a new member in our party too--a shy Pineco. He doesn't talk much, but he's good for an impromptu fireworks display.

After lunch, Ash showed Kurt the GS Ball and asked if he knew anything about it. Despite his best efforts, Kurt had no idea what it was used for, but told us he'd look at it more closely, and gave us each a Fast Ball for our efforts.

Ash then decided to call Prof. Oak and tell him that the GS Ball had gotten to Kurt's house safely. The professor was very pleased at this, and told Ash that Kurt was a reowned Poke Ball maker. Amazed by this, Ash quickly said goodbye, and raced off to Kurt's workshop, located behind the house. However, Mazie stopped us and told us to stay out of the forge room. Before long Kurt emerged from his workroom, and Ash requested that he make a Poke Ball for him.

Kurt told us that if we went to the Apricorn Hills to the west and gathered some Apricorns for him, he'd make us all the Poke Balls we wanted. On that note, Mazie led us into the Hills and gave us each a basket for holding our Apricorns.

The first tree we passed held pink Apricorns, which make Love Balls. Just the thought of a Love Ball sent Brock into crazy romantic mode, but Misty snapped him out of it by telling him they wouldn't work on Officer Jenny or Nurse Joy anyway. Not to mention that the Apricorns weren't even ripe to begin with, so Brock's dream of a Love Ball was quickly dashed.
The next tree contained yellow Apricorns; which make Moon Balls. I ran up to the tree, and saw several Pineco sleeping on the trunk. Mazie cautioned that Pineco will explode if they are disturbed, but her warnings went unheeded as Brock approached the tree, making clicking noises with his tongue. The Pinecos ruffled their leaves back in reply. Just as Brock reached out to touch the Pinecos, he tripped on a tree root and went sprawling into the grass, with the Pineco exploding on top of him on the way down. Needless to say, he was coughing out dust for a good few minutes after he initially recovered.
As we went further into the forest, we passed a green Apricorn tree; which make Friend Balls. Ash was about to go pick some when he heard a low buzz overhead--that meant a swarm of Beedrills were coming!
We ran as fast as we could, but in our panic, we went tumbling over an embankment, losing the Beedrill. With the Beedrill gone, we continued on our way towards the next grove, only to fall into a Team Rocket trap!
Jessie shoved me inside a shock proof jar while the others were thrashing about in confusion. From my glass prison, I saw Mazie try to climb out, but she was tiring quickly! Ash quickly summoned Bulbasaur, who made a Vine Whip for them to climb on. once back on the ground again, Ash and the others gave chase to Team Rocket, but not before they fell into a Diglett hole, breaking me free.

With Team Rocket out of the way, we continued into the hills. Mazie went on to explain that blue Apricorns make Lure Balls, and black Apricorns make Heavy Balls. Ash decided he'd pick some blue Apricorns, but before he could get close, the clicking of Pineco leaves surprised him, sending him tumbling into the grass. Brock tried to get a closer look, but suddenly, a strange wind blew all teh Pineco away, sending Brock scrambling to catch them before they hit the ground.

It turned out that Team Rocket had made the strange wind with a giant fan. Ash told me to try and Thunderbolt the fan, but even that was too no match for the gale Team Rocket was generating. Meanwhile, Brock kept grabbing the Pineco, until one decided to snuggle in his arms. Team Rocket sent Arbok and Victreebell after it, but Brock caught the Pineco just seconds before Arbok and Victreebell landed their attack! I decided to knock both of them out with a well timed Quick Attack, followed by short circuiting the fan with a Thunder attack. By that time, Team Rocket had fled.

We returned to the house with a grand haul of Apricorns, and Mazie told Kurt about our adventure. Meanwhile, Brock asked the Pineco if he could be its friend. Pineco promptly gave an explosion of approval, leaving a big crater in the floor and more dust for Brock to cough up! I think he's still coughing up dust, so he isn't in a guitar playing mood tonight.

I'd better wrap this up--we're headed for Azalea Gym in the morning!

Until tomorrow,
Pikachu

Wes

Iblis Wings
HAHAHAHAHHA! I'm sorry these are making me laugh so much on some of the quotes! I think that this story is great! Really good how we see Pikachu's point of view in the Johto leaugue adventure.

Choking on a sandwich from a trumpet blast? Thats something you don't see every day.

When theres Batman there also Gligar man!

Seeing a legendary around your third day must be pretty lucky. Too bad he didn't have a master ball!

When kids drive you nuts, give them a Bellsprout!

Good old Kurt! Wish they had him in this generation!

Want burnt hot dogs? Get the one and only Charizard to cook it for you!

Overall this is very done well! I also thank you for making me remeber some memories! Also what does three Pikas mean? (You know the score?) Is that good?

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Day 36

Sunny
Current mood: estatic!
Current location: Just outside Azalea Town

Dear Diary:

Yay! The second Johto badge is ours! But my ears are still ringing from all the screaming Misty did today...I'm surprised she hasn't caught laryngitis yet!

"Why was she screaming?" you ask? It started this morning when we departed for the Gym. Misty was a little worried about how Ash would do without Charizard, but Ash assured her than Cyndaquil was quite capable of doing the job, despite his small size. On that note, we entered the Gym.

At first glance, the Gym's interior looked very much like a forest. No sooner had we stepped inside, did a Caterpie come crawling down from a tree to greet us! You could say the whole town heard the ensuing scream.

I heard a bit of giggling coming from another tree as Brock tried to peel Misty off of him. Ash looked in the same vicinity I was looking, and discovered a young boy clad in safari attire sitting comfortablely atop a high branch, apparently amused by Misty's fear. He quickly climbed down and introduced himself as Bugsy, resident bug Pokemon extrordinaire. Ash's offer of a duel was promptly accepted: a three-on-three match with a badge as the prize.

"Gold side ready?" Bugsy just stretched his arms, anxious for the duel to start. "Silver side ready?" Ash gave Brock an affirmative nod. Misty's screaming drowned out the whistle when she saw what Bugsy summoned: a Spinarak. Ash, meanwhile, decided to summon Cyndaquil. He looked a little woozy, but Ash figured he'd warm up soon enough.

The Spinarak kept firing String Shots all over the place, and likewise; Cyndaquil kept dodging them. It wasn't too long before the entire arena, and Cyndaquil too, was covered in string. As I watched Cyndaquil frantically attempt to get free, I swore I saw some of the plants in the room start to approach us. The other bugs seemed to notice as well, wrapping Team Rocket up in string!

Back in the arena, Ash called for Cyndaquil to use a Flamethrower; but all Cyndaquil could do was muster a few embers--it was enough to break him free of his bindings. Before he could attack again, he was poisoned! Ash quickly called him back and summoned Chikorita, giving Brock time to give Cyndaquil an Antidote.

Chikorita proved to be quite the opponent for the Spinarak as she whacked it with endless Vine Whips. Suddenly, the Spinarak decided to attack from the air, but Chikorita used her Sweet Scent to lure it down. She then slammed into it, defeating it!

Bugsy's second Pokemon, a Metapod, proved to be a problem for Chikorita. Despite her strongest attacks, the Metapod kept Hardening itself. Then it Tackled Chikorita, knocking her out! Ash whistled for me, and I charged into battle!

The Metapod, meanwhile, began kicking up a lot of dust, making it nearly impossible to see. I could still hear Metapod, though...so I began charging my agility, dodging attacks as I ran. I whizzed up to the Metapod and knocked it out so quickly, I felt like a Thunderbolt myself!

We were all shaking as Bugsy summoned his best: a Scyther! I promptly fired a Thunderbolt at it, weakening it a little. But, the Scyther began to Slash me again and again, draining nearly all my strength! I weakly crawled back to the sidelines as Cyndaquil entered the arena again, good as new.

After more dodging, Cyndaquil fired a Flamethrower at the Scyther, but he blocked it with a Swords Dance! Finally, Ash told Cyndaquil to jump and use Flamethrower from the air--and the plan worked! Scyther was knocked out! We all cheered as Brock declared "Game set! Silver wins!"

Bugsy was quite proud of Ash as he gave us a Hive Badge, so much so that he asked for a rematch the next time we came. As we departed the Gym, Kurt and Mazie gave us a few Lure Balls and a Heavy Ball as parting gifts before we left...

...and here we are in camp. Our next stop is Goldenrod City, Johto's largest city...I wonder what kind of Pokemon await us there?

Pondering this until tomorrow,
Pikachu

Wes

Iblis Wings
Nice! I wonder how Misty deals with the bug pokemon she sees? Anyway I'm guessing you are going to do a lot of diary entries since the Johto arc was like the longest in the series.

I like how you describe everything its great! But did Cyndaquil really get poisoned? Becasue I thought he just returned him. Haven't seen that one in a long time.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Thank you!

Highlight below if you'd like to know which days are some of my favorite episodes (provided I don't have to create multiple days to account for multiple days passing in the episode):

[SPOIL]"The Totodile Duel" is Day 43
"Air Time" is Day 51
"The Wayward Wobbufett" is Day 83
"The Heartbreak of Brock" is Day 89
"Same Old Song and Dance" is Day 134
"Gotta Catch You Later" (the finale), is Day 163 (Pikachu will be writing this entry from Pallet Town)[/SPOIL]

J

Joe-y

I've always loved diary storys, and this one is no exception. You have a very nice way of making it sound like someone's diary, but without leaving any of the juicy details out.

And you give pikachu a nice voice, considering people have only been left to speculate as to his/hers inner thoughts.

I read days 1 - 4, and I'm gonna come back and read more. Don't stop writing this, it's a really fun read.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Thank you!

Coming up:

Farfetch'd in the Ilex Forest!
Wobbufett enters!
Find out Pikachu's opinion of Totodile!

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Day 37

Cool and sunny
Current mood: content
Current location: Ilex Outpost

Dear Diary:

We're resting here at an outpost just oustide the Ilex Forest this evening, where a famed Charcoal maker and his son, Sylvester, live with their Farfetch'd. We would go through the forest tonight, but it would be too dark for us to see anything.

Oddly enough, we arrived here by accident. After losing our way on Ilex Pass, we came upon Sylvester trying to tell Farfetch'd to Cut down a tree, but was not doing a good job of it. We tried to help, but Sylvester just shied away from us, embarrassed that we had found him. Ash tried to help Sylvester out, but when Sylvester asked Farfetch'd to Cut again, Farfetch'd simply refused.

Sylvester told us that he dreamed of making Charcoal like his dad, but he didn't know how to control Farfetch'd, much less know the attack names! Ash just assured him that he and I started out on rough terms as well, but with time, we became fast friends and loyal teammates. He then gave Sylvester a little advice: You're only a loser if you're a quitter.

We found the outpost's Pokemon Center not long after that, so Ash decided to call Prof. Oak again and tell him about our plans. Right as he got to the part about winning a badge, Sylvester raced into the Center, panicked that he lost Farfetch'd after some more practicing. Nurse Joy suggested that he look at his house. However, Sylvester wasn't too keen on that; since he was worried about his father's reaction. Ash quickly said his goodbyes to the professor and assured Sylvester that we'd help look for Farfetch'd.

At the house, we found the Charcoal maker hard at work with his Magmar. When he heard what happened, he was not very pleased with Sylvester for losing Farfetch'd. It looked like the lecture was about to turn into a shouting match, but Ash stepped in and explained that training Pokemon was more than just ordering the Pokemon around--you had to work as a team. On that note, we raced into the forest, where we met nearby a tiny shrine.

Sylvester told us that the shrine was dedicated to the Legendary Pokemon Celebi; the "voice of the forest"...and that it was our meeting point for our search. As Ash and I hurried off to the west, I saw Brock try to summon Pineco, but he quickly called Pineco back before he could explode.

We were about to give up when Heracross informed Ash that Team Rocket had captured Farfetch'd! We called for the others, and sure enough, Team Rocket was there, tying Farfetch'd in a net!

Ash summoned Bulbasaur and Chikorita to deal with Arbok and Lickitung, but their efforts didn't even faze them. Then, Weezing and Victreebel joined the duel! Weezing would've poisoned Ash with Sludge; had Brock not summoned Onix to toss Weezing away! Misty decided to summon Poliwag; and told him to hose us down to clean us up.

Weezing and Victreebel were about to attack us again, but Squirtle washed them both away with a nicely timed Hydro Pump. As Sylvester watched us combine our power to free Farfetch'd, he asked Misty why he couldn't get Farfetch'd to obey...Misty replied that Ash was working with us as a teammate.

About that time, The Farfetch'd had been freed, found his leek, and was proceeding to give Team Rocket a beating. They tried to escape, but Farfetch'd Cut a tree down to block their path. As I gave Team Rocket their daily zapping, I noted that Sylvester was overjoyed that the Farfetch'd had Cut a tree. He then asked Farfetch'd to Cut the tree into logs. It obliged, and we carried the logs back to the house.

The Charcoal maker was very pleased when Sylvester told him how he managed to get Farfetch'd to obey him, and as a reward, we received a bag of Charcoal; some of which we used for our campfire tonight. Ash also gave Cyndaquil a piece as well...maybe that will boost his fire power a bit.

Dinner's almost ready, so I'll wrap this up and get ready to eat.

Until tomorrow,
Pikachu

Day 38

Warm and breezy
Current mood: happy
Current location: Kaiho Harbor

Dear Diary:

We arrived in Kaiho Harbor this afternoon, which is host to the famous Pokemon Swap Meet: an annual event where trainers gather to trade Pokemon. As we were exploring town, we found a boy conversing with his Wobbufett. The owner, a boy named Benny, was planning to trade Wobbufett so that he could train a different Pokemon. He offered to take us into town to trade, so we followed Benny and Wobbufett to the square.

Just as we arrived, the ground started shaking as a stempede of Tauros and people raced by. Brock wondered what was happening, so a passerby explained that the Running of the Tauros was going on--whoever could touch a Tauros' horns won a prize. Ash wanted to try and run, but after he saw how big the stampede was, he quickly changed his mind. I was also relieved...had Ash actually ran, he probably would've been squished flat by all the Tauros!

After the running ended, we followed the Tauros herd to Kaiho Stadium, where the Tauros dueled each other. Ash wanted to try this, so when we found the stadium's Pokemon Center, Ash called Prof. Oak right away and asked for one of his Tauros. In return, he sent Heracross back to the lab so Prof. Oak could examine him.

The duel was quite exciting, and Ash received a medallion for his efforts. Beeny was amazed at Tauros' power and offered his Wobbufett for him. However, several other people made offers too! Ash politely declined them all, but offered to help Benny find a good trade for Wobbufett

Benny tried offering for a Scyther, but was rejected. As we shopped for offers, I swore I saw Lady Snubbull in the crowd, looking for Meowth...but I shook off my gut feelings for the moment and continued searching.

At that time, Psyduck decided to come out and look around, but Misty shooed him back inside his Poke Ball with threats to trade him if he didn't behave himself. Before long, we finally accepted an offer: Benny would get a Stantler in return for Wobbufett. They were about to finalize the deal until the other trainer decided that a Hoothoot was a better offer. Benny was crushed--he must've wanted that Stantler.

Just then, we saw an angry crowd gathering--Team Rocket was there with a fake exchange machine! Before we could do anything, we were all fit to be tied. As Ash worked himself loose, he told the townspeople to try using the Tauros to get the Poke Balls back. But when we finally recovered them, we found they were empty!

Jessie then summon what she thought was Lickitung, but out came Wobbufett instead. She tried an order, but Wobbufett just stood there. Ash ordered Chikorita to attack, but Wobbufetts counter sent her flying. He couldn't counter my patented Thunderbolt, however, and with that, Team Rocket and Wobbufett were blasted away.

As we returned the lost Poke Balls, Benny was confused as to who gave him Licktung...so he just called a thank you into the crowd. We said our goodbyes and headed off to camp.

I hope everyone that traded today was happy...

Until tomorrow,

Pikachu

Wes

Iblis Wings
Once again great job! I wonder whats gonna happen next in the journals of Pikachu.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
A preview of the upcoming entries:

"...The adventure began early this morning--I heard Ash chatting with Prof. Oak and saying hi to Heracross. I was about to go back to sleep when I heard a tell-tale guitar chord; that meant Brock was serenading Nurse Joy with a chorus of Well, I'm burnin' up, I got the fever! She's my perfect nurse, and I'll never leave her! Nurse Joy was a little flattered by the song, but she was busy tending to those Pokemon that were going to be in the competition, so Brock's dream of a date was dashed yet again...."

Wes

Iblis Wings
I can tell the next entry is going to make me laugh a lot