• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Borrowing on Bad Faith! (490)

Ash thinking of losing Aipom was kinda sad yet funny at the same time. I mean him worrying about such a thing and getting all mopey about it.

I liked how Jessie won something, official contest or not, because James just got some good screentime in the pokeringer episode and also won the orienteering. It's about time Jessie went to a contest final where the main character hasn't and now wins the unofficial contest.

I'm glad Jessie pawned Hikari in the contest even though it wasn't offical. It was def a nice thing, Ash lending Aipom to Jessie was nice and I liked seeing Ash be all wanting AipomXD
The animation was horrible and the battle wasn't that great but other than that LOL.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
Just finished watching it, and I liked it better than last week's episode. Although it wasn't all the greatest episode, it was decent. Ash kinda made me laugh that Aipom was going to leave him for Jessie, especially that one scene when he was crying and moping. And also, I felt a little jealously from Ash, not much, but some of his expressions seemed that he was jealous of how much Aipom was liking Jessie.

The contest part was all right, but I was a little more attentive towards Ash's and Aipom's relationship.

Ancax

I think Hikari's loss was actually necessary. I think that she got farther in her first contest than May did because she had her goals from the get-go, and she had more confidence to win. If Hikari pulled a Squirle vs. Ariados on us, i would boycott pokemon. Remember, Jessie was using Pokemon when Hikari-san was still in diapers. And she was doing contests way before her too. I am glad the writers did not have Hikari beat Musashi-san in her first contest, because that would be too unfair TO Jessibella. I am curious to see how well the writers will pull off differentiating the two main coordinators. Whoo....thats an mouthful.

Weav-vile

Totally!
After watching the episode... GUYS, WHERE IS THE HELLA HORRIBLE ANIMATION? o_O
Seriously, it was decent. Compare it to some BF episodes, and with some D/P episodes, like D/P 4 or D/P 17. It was really decent!

About the episode itself, it was awesome. I didn't expect much of it, but seeing it was great! I laughed out loud in various moments, and the plot was excellent as well.

Some points that deserve some status:

- Jesse saving Aipom. LMAO at it!

- Jesse development with Aipom through the episode, and how they ended up;

- Hikari being totally pwned by Jesse;

- The appeals (saying they were weak is being stupid);

- The good development of Ash (a boy who realeased lots of pokémon worried about the lost of a recent one he caught? OK then!);

- Pikachu on Brock's neck! XD

- Ash wondering about Aipom going away with Jesse;

- Pachirisu looking a newbie newbie newbie at battles, cuter than ever;

- The adorable and great ending! \o/

Overral, it was really funny to watch!

Ah, and two questions:

1- Does anybody know why the opening returned to the point where Hikari didn't have Pachirisu, where Ash didn't have evolved his Mukkuru and where Brock didn't have Gregguru and didn't have evolved his Bonsly? I find it weird... really.

2 - Is there any source about the special that aired after this episode? I don't have any idea of its content yet.

Thanks!

- Nozomi

R_N

Well, just finished watching it, it was preatty good.

Aipom antics are always fun.
Hey, Jessie not only can lift a huge log with ease, but can also defy gravity!
Face Hump! That was...unexpectedly funny.
The contest appeals:
-I like how PAchrisu was given stagefright, now Hikari nows what she needs to work on with Pachrisu beforethe next contest. The heart and static appeals were nice. Funny when it shocked everyone.
-Jessie was preatty good with Aipom. NOw if only she was as good with at tleast her teammates.
-Good jessie & Hikari battle. But what was Hikari saying after she lsot points from that Double Team, she said something about Aipom and it caught Brock & Ash's attention.
-Jessie won!

Funny to see Ash worry taht Aipom would stay with Jessie.

Only bad points were that:
1.EVen within the same episode, animators can't decide on how to draw Aipom.
2.That TR couldn't just let things be. THey couldn't just let Aipom go away, could they. THey should have just taken teh bananas and went of their merry way.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
After watching the episode... GUYS, WHERE IS THE HELLA HORRIBLE ANIMATION? o_O
Seriously, it was decent. Compare it to some BF episodes, and with some D/P episodes, like D/P 4 or D/P 17. It was really decent!
Well yeah, a turd on a stick looks decent compared to DP04 or DP17. That doesn't mean this still didn't look mediocre, especially when compared to say...the previous episode.

Here's a really off-model shot (courtesy of Umi Mizuno) to prove my point:
http://i16.*******.com/4bqghf8.jpg
1- Does anybody know why the opening returned to the point where Hikari didn't have Pachirisu, where Ash didn't have evolved his Mukkuru and where Brock didn't have Gregguru and didn't have evolved his Bonsly? I find it weird... really.
Obviously just a goof. And a funny one at that.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
a boy who realeased lots of pokémon worried about the lost of a recent one he caught? OK then!
In his defense, A)He hasn't released a Pokemon since...uh...hm...Squirtle, was it? Or was that Charizard? Well, there was that one Beedrill but he had it for not even an entire episode...the point is, it's been ages since he's released anything, and B)Ash cares for all his Pokemon, even recently caught ones. Naturally, he won't want to see one hanging around a member of Team Rocket(you know, the group he hates so much that he won't even let them catch a wild Pokemon he'd have no problem with any other person catching?), even if it seems happy about it.

Rumor(aka "Sushi") says that Ash does quite a few amusing thing in this ep, so I'm looking forward to that whenever I see it. In the meanwhile...geez, apparently TR can't have anything good that happens to them last, can they? Gotta feel sorry for them sometimes...

Weav-vile

Totally!
Well yeah, a turd on a stick looks decent compared to DP04 or DP17. That doesn't mean this still didn't look mediocre, especially when compared to say...the previous episode.

Here's a really off-model shot (courtesy of Umi Mizuno) to prove my point:
http://i16.*******.com/4bqghf8.jpg

I get your point. Compared to D/P 21, it was indeed worst, but... for me, it was decent, still. I mean, the eyes of the characters didn't look out-of-place, and that picture you posted is... weird, yeah, but in a cool way! XD

Anyways, I understand that after a perfectly-animated episode like D/P 21, the animation on this one is not all that good - or mediocre, in your opinion.

Obviously just a goof. And a funny one at that.

Hmm, I see. O.O
Thank you for replying my question! ^^

EDIT:
In his defense, A)He hasn't released a Pokemon since...uh...hm...Squirtle, was it? Or was that Charizard? Well, there was that one Beedrill but he had it for not even an entire episode...the point is, it's been ages since he's released anything, and B)Ash cares for all his Pokemon, even recently caught ones. Naturally, he won't want to see one hanging around a member of Team Rocket(you know, the group he hates so much that he won't even let them catch a wild Pokemon he'd have no problem with any other person catching?), even if it seems happy about it.

I didn't criticize Ash. And I didn't really meant only the pokés he's released; I meant the ones he's always OAKing all the time also. When he was leaving Aipom behind, in Kanto, he didn't look sad.

Oh, and I'm not saying he doesn't care of his pokémon... I just think he only consider Pikachu as a greater and inseparable real friend. The other ones, IMO, he feels in the same way about Misty, May and all the friends he's left behind.

You can be an Ash fan and all, but you must agree when I say he's not the sentimental type of person. :S

- Nozomi

Last edited:

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
just saw the pictures. and it seemed to be a fine... was this a filler? i think so... but i got confused at the end. what did team rocket do to make them deserve to be blasted off. i saw meowth take out a rubber glove of some sort but nothing happened. aipom did something and they blasted off. ummm.

gotta say jessie using aipom was a nice touch. that hasn't happned since... did this ever happen? i don't think so.

on a side note pachirisu looks really adorable in this episode. im liking that squirel more and more evry episode;355;

Geodude

-Good jessie & Hikari battle. But what was Hikari saying after she lsot points from that Double Team, she said something about Aipom and it caught Brock & Ash's attention.
Not sure exactly, but it was something about how Aipom belongs to Ash, which made Ash feel better because of the worrying he'd done.
what did team rocket do to make them deserve to be blasted off. i saw meowth take out a rubber glove of some sort but nothing happened. aipom did something and they blasted off. ummm.
After they realized Aipom only wanted the bananas, they used their mechanical hand thingy to try to grab Aipom, but Ash had Aipom destroy it with a Focus Punch. Ash called out to it again and it jumped down to him. TR then decided to go for Pikachu, and released another mechanical hand thingy, so Ash had Aipom use Swift to blast them off.

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I noticed James said "Eipamu!" in part of the motto...anyone have a translation for it? I assume they were trying to get Aipom to join. XD

I also caught "Muskippa" said at one part, assumingly Jessie wanted to use it.

That's TWICE the writers have teased me in the last 5 episodes with the prospect of Carnivine!

Geodude

I also caught "Muskippa" said at one part, assumingly Jessie wanted to use it.
Yeah when she first found out about the contest she asked James if she could use Carnivine in it, but James didn't want her to. So she was wondering which Pokemon to use, hence the idea of using Aipom after she saved it.

Makes me wonder why she still hasn't used Seviper in one since way back in her first Contest attempt where she messed up so much with its attacks.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This episode started off a little slow, but got better towards the middle. All the funny Aipom/Ash antics have been mentioned by now, so I'll skip that.

Wow, I wasn't expecting Jessie to totally dominate Hikari like that. Jessie didn't just win, she absolutely killed Hikari. I was actually somewhat disappointed with how short the battle was, Pachirisu barely did anything and didn't even land one attack.

This episode did showcase Hikari more as a beginning trainer messing up with appeals, which is far more realistic than how well she was doing in her first Contest. She was battling a little too well before, so I'm glad the writers realized this and made this episode essentially just for Hikari to lose to Jessie.

Not the best episode, but it was pretty good. I'm kinda glad this wasn't a real Contest because it wasn't as exciting as any of the AG ones or Hikari's first Contest.

TeddiUrsa

Poor Wobbuffet...it is appearing less and less. It was only in the motto-sequence and disappeared after that.

It really needs to do show crazieness again...

uber gon

Accept Change
Meh, Aipom IS/WAS Ash's pokémon, so it makes sense that it beat Pachirisu.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
After this ep, I don't know what to say about Jessie. She might have beaten Hikari, but it was only for a pack of bananas.

Geodude said:
Makes me wonder why she still hasn't used Seviper in one since way back in her first Contest attempt where she messed up so much with its attacks.
Yeah, Seviper could do a lot of things with that swordlike tail...throw it a few frisbees and watch them all be cut into itty pieces.:D If not frisbees, she could always steal James' bottlecaps for a bigger challenge.;)

uber gon

Accept Change
After this ep, I don't know what to say about Jessie. She might have beaten Hikari, but it was only for a pack of bananas.

Which TR lost in the end.