• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Boss Pokémon

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Boss Pokémon

Ok, so I made this thread to ask what your favorite, easiest, hardest, and most annoying Boss Pokémon are in the Pokémon Ranger series.

List of Boss Pokémon:
Pokémon Ranger
Taillow (sorta)
Rhydon
Machoke
Muk & 2 Grimer
Lapras (sorta)
Politoed
Camerupt
Murkrow & 4 Spinarak
2 Kingdra
Salamence
Flygon
Charizard
Slaking
Entei & 2 Magmar
Scizor
Gyarados & 4 Magikarp
Steelix
Charizard
Golem & 2 Mankey (sorta)
2 Camerupt
Slaking & Vigoroth & Slakoth
Scizor & 2 Scyther
Tyranitar & Pupitar & Larvitar
Raikou
Suicune
Entei
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Celebi
Mew
Venusaur & 2 Scyther
Regirock
Registeel
Regice
Snorlax (sorta)

Pokémon Ranger Shadows of Almia
4 Gastly (sorta)
Munchlax/Pachirisu/Starly (sorta)
Tangrowth
Toxicroak
Kricketot (sorta)
Sharpedo (sorta)
Rampardos
Croagunk (sorta)
Gloom & 2 Beedrill (sorta)
Mime Jr. (sorta)
Drapion
Spiritomb
Houndoom (sorta)
Froslass
Lucario
2 Monferno (sorta)
Infernape
Heatran
Kingdra
Gliscor
Hippowdon (sorta)
Cresselia
Magnezone
Electivire
Garchomp
8 Bidoof
Yanmega (sorta)
Mamoswine (sorta)
Alakazam, Sceptile & Luxray (sorta)
Scizor & Gardevoir (sorta)
Rhyperior
Magmortar
Gallade
Magmortar, Gallade & Rhyperior
Bidoof
Dusknoir
Darkrai
Salamence, Flygon & Charizard (Capture Arena)
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Regigigas
Darkrai
Riolu
Dialga
Palkia
Shaymin

Pokémon Ranger Guardian Signs
Celebi
Raikou
Meganium
Entei
Feraligatr
Charizard
Suicune
Typhlosion
Garchomp
Lati@s
Metagross
Ho-oh
Crobat
Regigigas
Ditto
Mewtwo
Zapdos
Moltres
Articuno
Lugia
Heatran
Shaymin
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Arcues

Man that's a lot of bosses >.<

LydiaRyan

My hardest for each game were, Kyogre(1), Magmortar, Gallade & Rhyperior(SOA), and Giratina Origin Form(GS).

Bananarama

The light is coming
I absolutely enjoyed battling Ditto in 3. It wasn't just one technique, you got 3 Pokemon in 1, technically.

Other than that, the Dragon Challenge in the 1st game was great.

TheGreatGigInTheSky

The Jimmy Rustler
Original Game: Still haven't beat it.. I'm now ashamed of myself, it came out years ago :(
Shadows of Almia: Drapion, by far. That think made me rage even more than I did when I battled Whitney's Miltank. Second is Dialga, knowing that at anytime, Dialga could just end the capture. Regigigas was also very hard.
Guardian Signs: Mewtwo with the purple stuff around it. Very hard to capture with the stuff around it. The Ditto capture was very unique, as it could transform into Raikou, Entei or Suicune.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The hardest is Mewtwo. Lucario is the second hardest. I spent an hour trying to catch him.
The easiest is Darkrai, got him on my first try.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
It's been so long since I've played a Rangers game. Guardian Signs just left a horrible taste in my mouth that I haven't washed out yet...

From recollection, though, the boss that I've struggled the most with was Charizard in the original. That battle single-handedly honed my skills with the Capture Styler, and every boss afterwards was a walk in the park comparatively.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I remember having nightmares with:

Registeel (PR1)
Drapion (SoA)
Mewtwo (GS)

Like heck could I forget these battles, for they made me rage for quite a while.

Mew The Gato

The Final Room in the Capture Challenge was the home of Charizard, Flygon and Salamemce. Flygon was really fast, Salamence, while being slow had really powerful Moves at its disposal and Charizard seemed to be the most balanced.

Lugia seemed to be the hardest to capture in these Games. It was fast and could leave 'traps' for us to deal with.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
1's capture system made capturing in general extremely annoying. But Salamence and Steelix get props for being especially hard. In fact, I never beat Salamence by myself, I got my cousin to help me.

After that, the bosses got really easy for the most part, the only one I struggled with in either game was Drapion.

Akuroma

The Doctor
Entei for the first game. The second game's hardest boss was definitely that blasted Drapion which spammed its toxic all over the place. The third game's hardest boss was that Metagross.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hated Steelix in the first Ranger game. It took me hours to finally capture it the first time I played the game, and even longer when I restarted the game and played through it a second time. I also hated Mewtwo in the third Ranger game; it took me forever to capture the thing and it was just tedious and exhausting.