• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bound For Trouble! (106)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Bound For Trouble!

After getting his 3rd Orange League Badge, Ash & Co. arrive on an Island, where Pikachu is soon after captured by Team Rocket but then Pikachu and Meowth are taken away by a Giant Pidgeot. Can Ash get Pikachu back before Team Rocket?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

C

Crystal Latios

I like this episode a lot. We could see, Meowth and Pikachu sia good couple. Honestly, Meowth is not evil and Pikachu is friendly for him. Pika gave him an apple^^ It was cute.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I've only seen this episode a few times, because I got it on tape a lot later than most of the Orange Island episodes (only a little earlier than "The Underground Roundup"), but it still made an impression on me. Meowth and Pikachu work pretty well together, although Pikachu was being a bit of a bully. The best part, though, has to be when Meowth notes that if he and Pikachu had met under different circumstances, they might have been friends. I especially remember that when I watch "Mewtwo Returns" and see Meowth and Pikachu's clones are always hanging together. :)

M

meggirl63

Crystal Latios said:
I like this episode a lot. We could see, Meowth and Pikachu sia good couple. Honestly, Meowth is not evil and Pikachu is friendly for him. Pika gave him an apple^^ It was cute.

Yeah, I like that too. :)

F

Factory Head Noland

This episode is one of my favourites ever! I just love it.

My favourite part is when Pikachu and Meowth are being chased by the Rhydon and the Pidgeot because it's all exciting and the music rocks!

I'm gonna watch this episode later I've decided...

pikachu146

I like this episode too. Meowth and Pikachu looked like good friends.And pikachu slept on Meowth's body.At last Snorelax attacked Rhydon and Arbok bited Pidgeot.

P

PokeFan4Ever7783

It was good but nothing out of the oridinary for me. Pikachu and Ash are seperated again big whoola baloo!!! but it was nice to see Meowth and Pikachu work together as a team and even be temporary friends. Ash and Pikachu's reunions are always touching though aren't they? *sighs* :-D the part at the end where the narrator says "they say absence makes the heart grow fonder looking at these two I'd say it's true" I was like oh god so cheesy!!! *gags*

Aptenodytes

this was a fun episode to watch. as stated before, good to see meowth and pikachu working as a team. they should do that more often

JONNO.FRESH

I loved seeing Pika and meowth working together. Seeing the giant Pidgeot brought back memories of ash's. ahh 8/10

LOL, Meowth and Pikachu, I love these types of episode where they're forced to work together

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
It was a nice episode. The funny part of this episode is that when Meowth wants to get out of being tied with Pikachu, Pikachu shocks Meowth. And I love the part when they chase and battle a Rhydon and escape from a large Pidgeot. Well, I love Meowth when it befriends Pikachu but I don't like Meowth when it's up to some evil schemes with Team Rocket.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Aw, I loved this episode! The first of a few more similar incidents. That whole bit... when they shared the apple... it was adorable! And Pikachu fell asleep in Meowth's lap, oh wut? That's some KrazyShipping right thar :D This episode is what got me hooked, actually. Great episode!

Raikipper

BSB Lover
Oh gosh...it's been a good few years since I last saw it, but I can still recall just how much I HATED this episode. I am sorry to go against the almost unamimous praise it's been receiving here, but this was always one of my least favourites of the Orange Island adventures. It's kind of hard to explain, but I found it to be one of those "nasty aftertaste" episodes. The basic concept was pretty interesting, albeit predictable (naturally, Meowth and Pikachu were going to be somewhat loathed at the idea of being stuck with one another, but they would learn to overcome their differences and work as a team...though only temporarily, of course. Once this was all over they would go right back to being enemies again...did you really expect anything else?) and the observation that, had they met under different circumstances, they might actually have been great friends was a nice enough sentiment, but mixed in with everything else it seemed strangely hollow to me. My basic qualm with this episode was that it didn't seem to have much more upon its agenda than to dump as much pain and misery upon Meowth's head as possible. Pikachu may have been in the same boat, but aside from the temporary inconvenience of being seperated from Ash, he didn't have to go through nearly the same degree of crap that his feline counterpart did here. True, Meowth was in this mess in the first place as a result of conspiring to abduct Pikachu, but on his own and under these circumstances he just seemed so pathetic and vulnerable (unlike Pika, Meowth can't exactly hold his own when it comes to battling), and seeing him endure so much roughness, Pika-inflicted or otherwise, just didn't sit well with me.

It was certainly generous and thoughtful of Pikachu to share his apple with Meowth, prompting the talking cat to reconsider his opinion of the electric mouse. But it was a sentiment which clearly meant a lot more to Meowth than it did Pikachu, who never indicated any signs of regret that, after all they had been through together, he and Meowth would have to be enemies again, as Meowth did. Once he was back with Ash, his temporary ally was never shown so much as a second thought. Heck, at the end of the episode, Meowth wasn't even allowed to take some consolation in the knowledge that he had been reunited with his own friends - presumably to give his ill-fated bonding with Pikachu a bit more impact, J&J's flippant attitude toward Meowth was exaggerated to the point where it good as contradicted their actions in previous episodes such as "Go West Young Meowth" and "Meowth Rules" in which they have proven themselves fully capable of feeling concern and compassion for their friend (I will, however, concede that the bit with Jessie and the apple is quite quinessenially her!). Clearly, Meowth must have been VERY bad in one of his past lives to have the fates this hard upon his tail.

If there's one thing which did entertain me throughout this episode, though, it's the bits where Pikachu says something and Meowth translates. There's something about the notion that Pikachu, by saying the same word over and over again, could actually be speaking an intricate and fully articulate language that greatly amuses me. Ah well, it's all in the intonation, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I think deep down Pikachu and Meowth want to be friends, but neither will admit to it.