• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bound For Trouble! (106)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The island's giant Rhydon and Pidgeot kind of reminded me of the old Kanto episode which showed the giant mechanical pokemon ha ha. Seeing Meowth & Pikachu tied together was so much fun however. :3

JudySpell

Banned
Pika and Meowth's misadventures while tied with each other were entertaining. I liked how Pika gave Meowth an apple. 7.5/10

Gillachu

Banned
I don't like when we see Pikachu and Meowth working as a team, so this episode didn't do much for me except it made me miss Ash's Pidgeot.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I couldn't help but laugh when Satoshi's friends avoided the Rocket-dan's trick fruit basket, but then fell in a pitfall trap anyway. Since Nyasu and Pikachu have always been sworn enemies, it was fun watching them work as a team while tied together, and the island's giant Pigeot and Saidon made things tense.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Aw, I loved this episode. The first of a few more similar incidents. That whole bit when Pikachu and Meowth shared the apple was adorable. And Pikachu fell asleep in Meowth's lap lol.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
This episode was so much fun, but Pikachu being nice to Meowth seemed like a bad move on his part since Meowth was still evil.

Well even tho Pikachu's friendliness with Meowth was a bit pointless since Meowth was still a villain, at least we saw that Pikachu doesn't keep grudges and tried being helpful.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I don't remember, but was it ever explained how the island's Pidgeot and Rhydon got so huge? Like, it made no sense at all for them to be that enormous.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Pikachu tied to Meowth was cute, but sadly he didn't change Meowth's wicked heart. So this filler seemed like a waste of time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu tied to Meowth was cute, but sadly he didn't change Meowth's wicked heart. So this filler seemed like a waste of time.

I don't think Nyasu changing his wicked ways was the point, however. This episode was merely meant to show us Nyasu's inner good for just one moment as a change of pace.

Daizy

I call you honey
I don't even get how this episode's island had huge Rhydon and Pidgeot on it when they were impossibly big. It was like the island of giant Pokemon episode again.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
I don't even get how this episode's island had huge Rhydon and Pidgeot on it when they were impossibly big.

It seemed to be an exaggerated portrayal of island gigantism, which happens in real life, although not as extreme as we saw here.

We always used to see Meowth and Pikachu not getting along ever since they first met so this was a refreshing chance to see them work as a team even though Meowth was resisting that for the longest part of the episode. I knew that once the rope was cut they would go right back to being enemies, but their short friendship was precious and this episode will always stand out for that reason.

I really wondered how the Pidgeot and Rhydon got so big and my favorite scene involving them was when Team Rocket fought the Pidgeot and how Arbok actually bit Pidgeot because it looked painful. It was funny when Victreebel actually swallowed Arbok's head instead of James for once and I thought that Togepi saving the day was boring since Psyduck was out of his Poke Ball and I would have rather seen his headache save the day instead. 7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Firefo×Fennekin said:
and I thought that Togepi saving the day was boring since Psyduck was out of his Poke Ball and I would have rather seen his headache save the day instead. 7/10

I did find it odd that Koduck popped out of his Monster Ball, but didn't really impact the battle against the Rocket-dan. I was also impressed that Satoshi used Kabigon here, and that it actually listened to him instead of being too sleepy or lazy to battle.

Jnmisty

What really got to me about the episode is that Ash looked really bummed being separated from Pikachu. I mean he sled down the Pidgeot’s nest in a painful way, and yet he found the strength to get up and keep on going to find Pikachu.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jnmisty said:
What really got to me about the episode is that Ash looked really bummed being separated from Pikachu. I mean he sled down the Pidgeot’s nest in a painful way, and yet he found the strength to get up and keep on going to find Pikachu.

One thing that bothered me is that in situations like this, Satoshi is willing to go the extra mile to save Pikachu, but I feel like he's sometimes biased because Pikachu is his main Pokemon. I just wonder if he would've had the same kind of resolve if one of his other Pokemon had gone missing tied with Nyasu.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jnmisty said:
I think he does go the extra mile for any of his pokemon. There are other episodes throughout the entire series that shows it.

Sure there were times when Satoshi saved his other Pokemon from danger, but in this episode he took Pikachu's disappearance especially hard to the point where he was putting himself in mortal danger just to find Pikachu, which in hindsight seemed rather excessive since Pikachu's situation wasn't even that bad given that he was still on the island, just stuck with Nyasu for company.