• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bragging Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSuzaku

Wow... I just picked up Gold again after a LONG time, and realized I was standing in front of Lugia.

And when I went to fight the Lugia, it was SHINY! Which was weird, because I didn't know Legendaries could be Shiny (without use of a cheating device, of course). I used my Master Ball on it... because I wasn't going to risk losing a Shiny Lugia with my TERRIBLE capturing skills.

... And then, on the way out (I was out of Escape Ropes), I somehow got Pokerus! ^_^ This has been my day for rare occurances... I ran into Raikou today too... but it got away ._.;

SO! What's the rarest or most amazing thing that's happened to you while playing?

... And for reading my thread, you get a free Trapinch... because they're cute: ;328;

OrganizationXIII

Cloaked Schemer
Well when I caught a togepi in D/P it had Pokerus

The Composer

The Composer
On the same day, no lie, I caught a ShinyTentacool, got Pokerus from some random Numel and then caught a ShinyFeebas that was Bold natured with a perfect IV in Sp. Def. I was basically convinced that one of my cousins had used a gameshark on my game. It was UNREAL! I didn't know Pokerus could happen in G2 games though...I'll have to look for it now...

Ammako

This is the G/S/C forum, not 3rd or 4th gen forum.

One day, my bro saw a shiny Golbat, but had only 1 ball left.

Guess what happened.

Carbon

What is this I don't
Reminds me of the time when I was fishing in the Pokemon Daycare guy's backyard and I caught a bronze color'd crabby.

Kites

Champ In The Making
I caught a shiny Noctowl. =D

That's about my biggest highlight.

Fire Suicune

Somehow managed to run into a shiny Raikou and catch it with a Poke Ball without hurting it. I'm still questioning it (too bad the batteries died though).

-FS

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
My egg hatched into a shiny Vulpix!:p

Golden_Arcanine

I don't have anything to brag about, I haven't been given the gift of luck.

SkinnySweatyMan

Pretty much the only lucky thing that happened to me was when I saw a shiny Hoot Hoot. However, I didn't have any balls left. To catch it with. It's the only shiny, outside of Gyrados of course, that I have ever encountered.

Charizard The Great

The Great One
I saw a red Gyarados in the lake! Couldn't believe it! Still can't!

P.S. Note the SARCASM.

In all seriousness, I had used all 56 ultra balls on Ho-oh and failed to catch it on my Silver, the only remaining Pokeballs remaining in my bag were 14 great balls. It was asleep and down to the last bit of health, but having failed in 8 attempts with the 14 great balls I thought it wasn't worth wasting the other 6. I never give up though, and suffice to say, the ninth great ball that I threw caught the big rainbow bird! Was so relieved, had obviously saved before but always like doing my aim on the first occasion. And it worked!

I found all three of the rare beasts shiny, caught shiny Ho-Oh and Lugia, and beat the E4 with a Lv.23 Pikachu. Suffice to say, it was one of my least memorable days playing the game.

Ralts 42

Gallade Trainer
The only thing amazing that has happend to me is when I was EV training in the Old Cheateu and caught a shiny Gastly with modest nature.

Ret46

I love Sealeo!
Since people are talking about what happened to them in games other than G/S/C,we should have this moved to "General Pokemon Discussion".

On topic,I have absolutely nothing to brag about,unfortunately.

Last edited:

Darkvolt

This wasn't in Gold, Silver, or Crystal, but I caught a Zapdos in Pokemon Red at half health with a Great Ball. xD

In Crystal, I found a shiny Bellsprout while training by Union Cave. ^^

PorygoD

...I just turned on my Gold for like, the first time in 2 years, and my file is gone. Totally, gone.

PorygoD

...I just turned on my Gold for like, the first time in 2 years, and my file is gone. Totally, gone.

HazzaY2J

</3 Kid
I ran into a Shiny Sentret just after I got my Cyndaquil, but I had no pokeballs./And caught a Shiny Entei on Silver.Those were two great memories:D

Status
Not open for further replies.