• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brains and muscle in a blender

Overkill™

Snowflake!
Well here I am with one of my first real OU tries. I started OU a long time ago, but before I settled with a team I descended to the fun Monotype tier to fool around with my mono Ice team. Now that X and Y are coming up, it's time for me to start playing OU again! But the cold isolation of monotype made me a complete noob in the OU tier! Thus, I came here to ask for help, ideas. etc. The first 3 pokemon can be completely changed. Last 3 can too, but they working kinda well, for now. So enough talking! let's take a look, shall we?

462.gif

Microwave, Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: Spe 108, SAtk 252, HP 148
Nature: Modest
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power (fire)
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

I tried a few "leads" already, and non seemed to work. Set up sweepers got beat before setting up, and trick leads like spikers or something also got outdone. Like their leads where always the exact opposite of mine. Thought a taunter would work, but he does his job, faints, and useless after that. So so far this one did the best. Come in, hit hard with volt switch, and switch to something that can handle their lead while still giving a hard hit. The set can also be used to switch in too quite some things and kill them afterwards or deal quite some dmg. Don't ask me about the EV spread. Took it from Smogon, no idea why they are liek they are.

380.gif

Weepweep!, Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: Satk 252, Spe 252
Nature: Timid
- Draco meteor
- psyschock
- surf
- recover

Latias, even without EVs in her defenses, can still receive quite a punch and can switch in on quite some things. After that with quite good speed and sp attack it can pretty much blow through anything with these moves, while recovering on stalling pokemon who just can't know latias out.

645.gif

Genius (get it? Geni-us. Oh I'm so hilarious), Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Force (not using sheer force since I wana make it in my Black game someday, but fighting PO now)
EVs: Satk 252, Spe 252
Nature: Timid
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
- Grass Knot

Speaks for itself. Simple muscle power that tears trough quite allot, and from the special attackers that I've tried this one worked the best so far, but open for ideas. Took Grass Knot on the set in order to hit those pesky bulky waters that switches in on landorus, but it's never enough dmg, so probarblly have to replace that one.

534.gif

Conkelderp, Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: Atk 252,
Nature: Adamant
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Facade
- Payback

One of my favorite sets. Simple way of packing a hard punch without setting up, and without worrying about getting status problems. Drain puch heals, and anything that doesnt deserver drain punch might make conkel die earlier, but they will die too. Mach punch for priority, payback for ghosts, drain for health, facade for massive flame orb dmg.

195.gif

Quak!, Quaqsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: HP 252, Sdef 252
Nature: Sassy
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Yawn

I never ever thought that a NU pokemon would be so awesome in OU. This has crippled so many teams for me already. Quagsires unaware simply renders some pokemon useless as they remain weak unboosted. This mixed with good defenses, recover, and yawn to force switches and gain recovers is just amazing. Scald cripples with burn wich makes even easier to heal vs physical sweepers, and EQ to deal a bit of dmg. So yeah, as set up sweepers hurted my team allot, this weak looking Unaware abuser is a golden asset too my team!

130.gif

Nyaa~, Female, Gyrados @ Leftover
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: Atk 128 HP, 176, Spe 204
Nature: Adamant
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance

Isn't she cute? Bulky Physical sweepster. Without setup it can still hard and take hits himself. Timed well, with 2 or even 1 DD it can atleast punt big dents in big threats. Normally the set said use stone edge, but EQ seemed better to hit switch ins with for gyrados. Taunt to destroy pesky walls hindering my little girl and maybe get a free DD out of that.

The 7th pokemon
151.gif

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: HP 252, Def 224, Spe 32
Nature: Bold
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Softboiled
- Seismic toss/Psychic

Why a 7th pokemon? Well, I just received this beauty after ALLOT of trading via wi-fi. If possible I want this little beauty in my team, but don't know if it'll fit in. If you people can think possibilities for it in my team, feel free to share. Just puttin it in.

So, thats what I got for now. Thats the team I have for now. still really new and fragile, but I'm sure that with a bit of help of you guys, it can come to something cool :)

Last edited:

silverangel

Metal Fairy
None of your pokemon would really mind hazards, but you have no pokemon to set up Stealth Rock nor Rapid Spin. Maybe use Forretress over Gyarados..... I'm not sure.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
get rid of grass knot for rock polish on land so you can beat choice scarfs pokes such as salamence, Gyrados would sweep better with moxie,

Quagsire should have curse and waterfall f you are using sp def evds this way it can sweep while having strong defense and ok sp def

threats to your team are rotomw which can deal with most of your pokes or just damage them making you an easy sweep for salamence with choice scarf, pretty much any dragon can sweep you such as dragonite dds now you switch into quag which wont be able to take the outrage due to no def evds then ofc you could switch to zone but flash cannon wont ko it so if it gets out of outrage eq will deal with zone, then your easy bait for dragonite since it outspeeds latias Gyrados has nothing to finsh it off and land just gets koed by outrage

Overkill™

Snowflake!
get rid of grass knot for rock polish on land so you can beat choice scarfs pokes such as salamence, Gyrados would sweep better with moxie,

Quagsire should have curse and waterfall f you are using sp def evds this way it can sweep while having strong defense and ok sp def

threats to your team are rotomw which can deal with most of your pokes or just damage them making you an easy sweep for salamence with choice scarf, pretty much any dragon can sweep you such as dragonite dds now you switch into quag which wont be able to take the outrage due to no def evds then ofc you could switch to zone but flash cannon wont ko it so if it gets out of outrage eq will deal with zone, then your easy bait for dragonite since it outspeeds latias Gyrados has nothing to finsh it off and land just gets koed by outrage

Will add rock polish, ty :) Also change moxie on gyrados. About quagsire, it's ability to burn and induce sleep is quite handy allot of times. I will try the waterfall/curse set wich would also be very effective on other people trying to set up, but any other ideas for a set to get more on the scald/yawn side? Maybe different EV/nature setup?

On a last note, any ideas on replacing certain pokemons to deal with rotom-W and the dragons? Thanks for the reply

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
On a last note, any ideas on replacing certain pokemons to deal with rotom-W and the dragons? Thanks for the reply

You could try Specially defensive skarmory with roost/spikes/whirlwind/Brave bird. You could replace any of these moves bar roost with stealth rock if you feel the need for it. When someone brings Rotom-w in, just roost. Volt turn will do around 60% if I'm correct, so roost pretty much takes away the damage. Then skarmory completely walla dragons and if they get an insane number of boosts, with sturdy it can whirlwind them out. I suggest running this guy over Quagsire since you've got electric covered with zone, lati, and lando, and fire weakness covered with dos and lati. Gl with the team, hope this suggestion helps!

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I feel like your team isn't quite bulky enough, though I like to have a couple walls so I guess I'm weird. If you feel like your team is bulky enough just ignore my comment, but my comment will give you rapid spin and SR support if you listen to it.

I'm sure theirs a better way to do this but if I were you I would keep latias, magnezone and landorus (but make it physical) for your offensive core then add in a defensive core (built around quagsire?) that probably included Skarm and probably tentacruel for rapid spin support. Then quag to kill set up sweepers

Overkill™

Snowflake!
You could try Specially defensive skarmory with roost/spikes/whirlwind/Brave bird. You could replace any of these moves bar roost with stealth rock if you feel the need for it. When someone brings Rotom-w in, just roost. Volt turn will do around 60% if I'm correct, so roost pretty much takes away the damage. Then skarmory completely walla dragons and if they get an insane number of boosts, with sturdy it can whirlwind them out. I suggest running this guy over Quagsire since you've got electric covered with zone, lati, and lando, and fire weakness covered with dos and lati. Gl with the team, hope this suggestion helps!

Quagsire inst for ele coverage, it's against set up sweepers. Sturdy skarm doesn't work when slightly damaged, so its ok too put skarm in, but doesnt seem smart to do so for quagsire.

I feel like your team isn't quite bulky enough, though I like to have a couple walls so I guess I'm weird. If you feel like your team is bulky enough just ignore my comment, but my comment will give you rapid spin and SR support if you listen to it.

I'm sure theirs a better way to do this but if I were you I would keep latias, magnezone and landorus (but make it physical) for your offensive core then add in a defensive core (built around quagsire?) that probably included Skarm and probably tentacruel for rapid spin support. Then quag to kill set up sweepers

Not a weird comment AT ALL. In fact, I myself felt the same problem while battling. And I kinda wana loose landorus if posibble since i cant RNG Sheer Force landorus, but atleast for PO, will test ya ideas a bit :)