• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brainstorming on a bit of plot

Koubagia

Superluminal Porygon
I decided something didn't quite add up in my fic's plan and I rewrote a bit. The trouble is, this new plot point requires...
...someone who had dedicated their life to saving lives to be forced to kill several inncoent people. The problem though is that he's a time traveller and most situations would allow for him to go all deus ex machina in some way by using that capability.
So any ideas for how to pull it off?

CHeSHiRe-CaT

A Curious Breed
Well, perhaps in some way, his time-traveling abilities are suspended or are put at bay somehow, and cannot be used because of some other opposing force. This force, of course, would have to also be related to the force that's giving him no choice but to kill innocent people to make better sense.

Ash_Junior

Irredeemable Nerd
perhaps a Star Trek: Enterprise thing could take place...

a temporal (cold) war.

Throughout seasons 1-3, different factions fought for dominance by changing the timeline. perhaps this timetraveller's activities caused another person to attempt to stop him. this other person could have stopped him from fixing his mistake....

:D

Literate

black cat, black cat
Let me think for a bit...

One: You can have him be temporarily out of control of his power and have him kill the innocent.

Two: You can have him hear a prophesy that Time has a chosen few that has a certain thing about/on/in them that he ends up detonating (like a time bomb) and he kills those people.

Three: He can just simply on accident warp them out of the time stream, and they die, and he can't bring them back by skipping to the earlier time, as they are already removed from the string of time.

Four: Have someone force him to kill them because they have a strange power that can destroy the world.

There. Several suggestions. All pretty stupid, but I like the third one. So there.

~PEACE~

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Well what about the basic rule of time travel where you can't really change the past in big ways because you don't know how it will effect the future (of course, if you change it in small ways it causes big changes, that being the Butterfly Effect). In this case, preventing the death of all these people. And he was suppose to be there in order to kill them.

It could be that the death of these people brought together some of the victoms (people that were related to, husbands/wifes etc) together and they helped found a group that changed the world forever (for at least a country). Like a society or something.

Koubagia

Superluminal Porygon
Lets have a look through these:

Well, perhaps in some way, his time-traveling abilities are suspended or are put at bay somehow, and cannot be used because of some other opposing force. This force, of course, would have to also be related to the force that's giving him no choice but to kill innocent people to make better sense.
Throughout seasons 1-3, different factions fought for dominance by changing the timeline. perhaps this timetraveller's activities caused another person to attempt to stop him. this other person could have stopped him from fixing his mistake....
The only person capable of these would suffer greatly from these people's deaths, so this is a no.

You can have him be temporarily out of control of his power and have him kill the innocent.
His power is a Celebi which has been raised by him from it's birth, so that seems difficult to pull off.

You can have him hear a prophesy that Time has a chosen few that has a certain thing about/on/in them that he ends up detonating (like a time bomb) and he kills those people.
He can just simply on accident warp them out of the time stream, and they die, and he can't bring them back by skipping to the earlier time, as they are already removed from the string of time.
Trouble here is that he needs to be blamed for it by a normal person. This would be hard to blame on him.

Well what about the basic rule of time travel where you can't really change the past in big ways because you don't know how it will effect the future (of course, if you change it in small ways it causes big changes, that being the Butterfly Effect). In this case, preventing the death of all these people. And he was suppose to be there in order to kill them.

It could be that the death of these people brought together some of the victoms (people that were related to, husbands/wifes etc) together and they helped found a group that changed the world forever (for at least a country). Like a society or something.
Naa, this doesn't fit with other plot elements. My plot is very intricate and detailed, and this is only a small part which adds up to the conclusion of it all at the end. I only want a small change which doesn't require altering the plot in other places.

Have someone force him to kill them because they have a strange power that can destroy the world.
This is the one I like, though. Better still, the innocent people could be destroying the world and not knowing it. Yeah, that works. I'll use that. Cheers!