• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brave New World || OU RMT ||

HAI THUR

I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

i c wut u did thur.

Introduction

Welcome to my end of summer RMT. Me and KMR (He being Kill.Mate.Repeat., the sexy cert rater.) made this team the other day when i asked him for help since it was going to be the last RMT I make before summer ends. KMR will be posting in here making side comments and other stuff, but I'll be mainly adding updates/fixing the team etc. Oh and im using the extremely stolen idea that has been on many rmt's already.

Ok well first things first, this team is centered around one of the most epic pokemon out there; Hitmontop. He can be a wall, be an all out physical sweeper, or he can be a set-up and sweep poke. For this team We decided on using a Simple-ish Bulk up top set as he's easily bulky enough to set up without getting ko'd, and after being set up; can sweep extremely easily.

The rest of the team is focused around helping him sweep/set up effectively and to not be handicapped if hitmontop is Ko'd.

Most sets in the team are decently standard, but a couple are changed to work better in today's metagame, such as hitmontop's spread was changed a bit, so was jirachi's, and heatran/Rotom's.

Well now that I've explained what the focus of the team was, how it was built, and explaining this rmt, i should explain the team in more detail. All i have to say is; please read this whole thing and help with changing the team to make it better then it already is.

Oh and Just forget about the other rmt's ive made before, this one i will take seriously and won't completely say No. to anything unless it's completely horrible advice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ | Team HitmonWin | ~

385.png
385Back_m_shiny.png
473f.png
473Back_m.png
485.png
485Back_m.png
237.png
237Back_m.png
380.png
380Back_f_shiny.png
479fire.png
479heat.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

o i herd u leik hitmontopz

kthx onto the team

~ | In Depth | ~

The flinching motherf***er
385.png

Gsn @ Choice scarf
Bag_Choice_Scarf_Sprite.png

Adamant ( + Atk, - spA )
Serene Grace
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 spe
-Iron Head
-U-turn
-Trick
-Stealth rock

Standard as **** flinchrachi lead set. Smogons set is ghey and moar power with adamant > random un needed jolly scarf evs. Running standard 252 / 252 with adamant and a scarf outspeeds the same things you need to outspeed jolly would with 176 / 252 / 80 + scarf. U-turn is there mainly for scoutage, and trick to trick away the scarf to cripple something like blissey/hippo/ etc.

Iron head gets stab and is obviously rachi's signature move known for flinching the hell out of everything and everyone. Stealth rock just for setting up and obvious reasons as stealth rock is almost becoming mandatory in today's metagame.

Oh and shiny-ness for extra kewlness+Gsn gets to be rachi since he had a rachi in his team kthx

Kill.Mate.Repeat. said:
First off, Lead Jirachi puts alot of other leads to shame. It comes in with blistering speed, and Flinch haxes its way through the opposition. It 2HKOs all sash leads and OHKOs Ninjask, and cripples all Swampert / Bronzong leads. The only thing this has problems with are lead Infernape and Heatran, mostly the former. Heatran in a lead position just resists my moves all day, which sucks We have a remedy for both though, which is found in Specs Latias. Anyway, Jirachi is a force on this team because he can utilize Stealth Rock and scout with U-Turn as well. On this Lead Jirachi though, we chose power over 20 HP of bulk, resulting in a simple 252 / 252 spread. It reaches the same speed as the Smogon set suggests. This makes him much more effective late game, giving him the power to change some 3HKOs into 2HKOs. Man i love this thing.

The extinct son of a *****

473.png

Gingbino @ Life orb
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Jolly ( + Spe, - spA )
Snow cloak
20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 spe
-Earthquake
-Superpower
-Stone edge
-Ice shard

So far this team is standard as ****. LO mamo hurts; a lot. Most people predict you being locked into an ice shard after revenging something, so they switch in gyara/tentacruel etc, then you switch attacks and ohko with EQ/Super power/Stone edge. Jolly for outspeeding adamant gyara+other threats, and with LO mamo doesn't need to run adamant.

Mamo = Dragon killer. He can pretty much break any mence/dragonite/whatever sweep and mamo is extremely underrated.

252 atk is standard, 236 spe beats adamant gyara/timid heatran/adamant luke/modest suicune/jolly breloom, and 20 hp is there just for added bulk. EQ/IS get stab and can easily do tons of damage whenever its SE. SE/Superpower for everything that resists EQ/IS.

Named after gingbino so she'll stop crying about not being in anyones rmt .__.

Kill.Mate.Repeat. said:
Mamoswine is so standard, but its our insurance for Salamence and other speedy threats. Gengar can no longer try to rape up this team, and it gives a hell of a lot of coverage that helps mow down the opponents team for out Bulk Up Top sweep. Life Orb > Choice Band was an interesting choice because of the utility. Choice band multiplies your attack stat by 1.5, while LO gets it up to x 1.3. But with Orb, your free to switch attacks, and ruin your opponents next Pokemon, which relies on it being a Choice Band. Although the loss of power is sad, It surely does its job still. It also runs jolly for another tricky fact in it's speed.

The flamer

485.png

Kel @ Leftovers
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Timid ( + Spe, - Atk )
Flash fire
244 HP / 88 Def / 44 SpD / 132 Spe
-Earth power
-Fire blast
-Substitute
-Toxic

Finally, the first non standard set on my team. Subtran = amazing. People think it's scarfed so they flee and i sub on the switch, then proceed to either sweep with Earth power/Fire blast or stall. Toxic deals with bulky waters/other bulky things that resist FB/EP. Ground/Fire has pretty good coverage.

KMR suggested the evs to me and i think JRC had originally told KMR about these + they worked better then standard so he told me to use them.

132 spe + Timid hits 245 and the HP evs hit lefties recovery and 44 spD/88 Def makes it bulky. Named after Kel since heatran's a badass. So he's the total opposite of kel. ;)

Kill.Mate.Repeat. said:
Heatran. The ugliest legendary Pokemon there is. Its sad really, but what it lacks in charm and good looks, it makes up in typing and ability to come in on plenty of threats in the OU metagame. The SubToxic set is insane. Because 75% of all people tend to use Choice Scarf Heatran, this one makes use of Switching the opponent in and out, while spreading status and hitting with some very powerful moves that get respectable coverage. This SubTran carries Toxic, which might be an interesting choice for those who do not know of its uses. The most common switches into Heatran are Salamence, Gyarados, and Bulky Waters. By carrying Toxic, i can hit all three of them, something i would not normally be able to do. By also helping switch Mence / Gyara in and out, its wearing down his HP from Stealth Rock, Toxic, and possible Sandstream on the other team. So really, its a subtle solution to many problems this team might have with very bulky pokemon that they just cant take mid to late game. Timid and those EVs beats Max Speed Scizor iirc, which is bleh, but whatever. Its a decent Speed stat, to say the least.

Scizor's my *****

479-heat.png

JRC @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/160 Def/96 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Rotom is an outstanding spin-blocker and is able to wall quite a few Pokemon, including Scizor and Metagross. When considering this, it wasn't necessary to use Overheat or a Choice Scarf, which would (crucially) make Rotom Pursuit weak. Will-O-Wisp and Thunderbolt were essential to be an effective check to Scizor and Metagross. By utilizing Resttalk, it can absorb status and outstall Blissey if need be. Even though it cannot be hit with Thunderbolt, Rotom is capable of beating Mamoswine. Rotom's ability to completely wall Hippowodon and Gliscor has been useful when facing stall teams, since it gives Roserade an easier switch-in. Lucario is unable to set up on Rotom and can be used as a secondary check to Lucario, as it can survive a +1 Crunch (using Gyarados to lower Lucario's attack) from 85%. Furthermore, it can deal with any Lucario that doesn't carry Crunch.

Rotom works well in tandem with Tyranitar, since Scarf Rotom-H will generally try to revenge kill this Rotom if they have nothing else. A NVE Shadow Ball does 8% to Tyranitar, which is rather insignificant. Defensive Latias is also a common switch-in to Rotom, which Tyranitar deals with well. Conversely, Scizor likes to switch into Tyranitar after another Pokemon has died, which Rotom can deal with. As mentioned before, it can switch into Tyranitar counters and disable them enough for Roserade to pick up the pieces.

As for the Ev's, 252 were placed in Hp because Rotom needs all the Hp he can get. At 304, this is Leftovers number, but also a Sandstorm number. Since Stealth Rock will not be on the field too often, the extra damage that would result from it is not a concern. A Bold nature and 160 Ev's were used so that Scizor and others can be dealt with more efficiently before the WoW. It also gives a bonus point with the nature. The rest was placed into SAtk for more power (enough to OHKO 4 Hp Starmie from full health with Thunderbolt) and a confident 2HKO on Vaporeon. I had originally considered placing the extra Ev's in special defense to absorb water attacks better, but the Ev's I currently had to spare along with the physical defense needed for Rotom to perform his duty made this an impractical goal.

Credit to Kingdrom for this amazing rotom set, and i think no one can explain this set as well as he could so I quoted his post from his last RMT.

Named after JRC since I didn't know where else to put him lol.

Kill.Mate.Repeat. said:
Most of you should know about the Bulky RoTalk set by now, so i wont explain too much here, just clarify its synergy with the rest of the team. This thing scares the **** out of both Lucario and Scizor, once again being able to do something cool. It can cripple physical threats that arent Infernape and just lay the smack down with his STAB Thunderbolt hammer. It also makes sexy Gyarados counter on top of that. And on top of that, it has fantastic resists that compliment the rest of the team.

The bluff

380.png

Gren @ Choice specs
Bag_Choice_Specs_Sprite.png

Timid ( + Spe, - Atk )
252 spA / 240 Spe / 16 HP
-Surf
-Draco Meteor
-Thunderbolt
-Trick

Well I'm not sure about how standard this set is, as I myself don't even know much about it. I've never used specslatias, but KMR suggested that specslatias would fit in perfectly so i went with it.

It has the strongest draco meteor in the game hitting 319 spA without specs which would boost it up to 478.5. Only modest specsmence can beat that.

T-bolt/Surf have amazing coverage, but im debating wether hp fire in place of something would be a better choice.

My team has two trick users but it pretty much means stall teams are completely destroyed/anything like blissey, hippo, skarmory, etc. The name is Bluff because everyone expects a CM latias/Defensive latias but then you hit them with a STAB draco meteor with a specs boost and they're left speechless.

Named gren since he asked, lawl.

Kill.Mate.Repeat. said:
Specs Latias is a little side project of my own. Im always trying to find how i can make the use of Latias better in OU. Choice Specs is definitely one of the most immediately threatening things. It is really here to check all forms of Ape and Heatran, while bringing some special bulk to the rest of the team, being able to switch into STAB Surfs and such is cool. The EVs work there to, it gives here enough speed to beat nape, and the rest just fall into HP. So if the EVs look sloppy, know its for Max Speed Infernape, who runs 252 Jolly / Timid / Naive. Trick here also messes with Stall, which is fun. Really, theres not much to say that you cant already see.

The dradle

237.png

KMR @ Leftovers
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Careful ( + spD, - spA )
252 HP / 176 spD / 80 Atk
-Brick break
-Stone edge
-Sucker punch
-Bulk up

Here's the star of the show. This set is moderately standard, but not smogon standard. Brick break/Stone edge have great coverage, and Sucker punch is there for ghosts which are the only things that pretty much wall fighting and Rock.

Bulk up is obviously there since it's a bulk up set which has got to be the MOST viable top set you can use in OU. Careful for taking special hits with ease, as hitmontop has base 110 spD and even without max he's pretty much a great special wall despite his low HP. 80 Atk could be switched out for Defense, but either way they both work.

Brick break was supposed to be Hi Jump Kick but i decided on BB as i prefer Accuracy over power. Also after the boosts you won't really need the extra power anyways.

Named after KMR since HES **** YEAH AMAZING.

Kill.Mate.Repeat. said:
Its Hitmontop.

Team building

Well i hadn't done this for the last couple rmt's so i thought i would put it in this one.

First things first, me and KMR picked the main thing the team was going to be centered around, which is hitmontop.

dpmfa237.png

Second thing was picking a lead. I wanted to use flinchrachi and top/rachi don't share any common weaknesses so KMR said that would work; and Rachi is one of my personal favourites.

dpmfa237.png
dpmfsa385.png

After that KMR suggested using Specslatias as it seemed to fit in the team extremely well with Rachi+Top and can easily sweep on it's own as well.

dpmfa237.png
dpmfsa385.png
dpffsa380.png

Next thing was picking a bulky wall who can use WoW and Resttalk effectively, so KMR suggested Kingdrom's bulky rotom set.

dpmfa237.png
dpmfsa385.png
dpffsa380.png
479fire.png

After that i wanted to use LO mamo because he seemed to fit and works well at taking out weaknesses the team might have so he was put in.

dpmfa237.png
dpmfsa385.png
dpffsa380.png
479fire.png
dpmfa473.png

Last thing was putting in a bulkier poke who can annoy/even do a lot of damage to teams while suprising them at the same time. KMR suggested this subtran set he had so I used it.

dpmfa237.png
dpmfsa385.png
dpffsa380.png
479fire.png
dpmfa473.png
dpmfa485.png

Credit to

-KMR for helping me build this team
-Gtsplus.net for pictures
-Bulbapedia.com for pictures
-Pokemonelite.com for pictures

Well i hope you read of all this, and all thats left to say is; RMT.

kthxbai.

Awesome_Face_bigger.png

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
You have put alot of effort into this team.

I don't see why you have to have Trick twice.
And for some reason, i can't poke fun at any part of this team, since i find it OK.

thx. <3.

Well there isn't really a major reason why i have two trick users, but trick on latias is usually good since rachi usually dies early on and latias can cripple things like blissey/lax/ etc by tricking it specs.

NewAge

Since you've still got that quote of one of my more stupid moments a Serebii I might as well rate. There's isn't much if anything I can suggest changing without having to change the majority of the team but that's what makes this not a good team but a great team. Anyway good luck with your team.

Last edited:

calum

Banned
Since you've still got that quote of one of my more stupid moments a Serebii I might as well rate. There's isn't much if anything I can suggest changing without having to change the majority of the team but that's what makes this not a good team but a great team. Anyway good luck with your team.

That was the bes rate Ive ever seen

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
On specs latias, stick with surf and t-bolt. HP fire murders these poor scizors though. Great team.

On specs latias, stick with surf and t-bolt. HP fire murders these poor scizors though. Great team.

I am running t-bolt/surf? draco meteor is an obvious choice on latias and t-bolt/surf 2HKO's standard CB/SD scizor if it tries to come in and pursuit trap me. Hp fire doesn't really work as i can't switch moves.

Thanks @ the team comment.

Lazabeam

You have go safe switch in to LO gengar D:< tran can take a shadow ball but then eats a focus blast scarf rachi can only take so many hits

And parasect could soo pwn yer team lawl

But really teams looks very solid with great synergy great job Kyle and KMR :)

Hitmontop can also handle gengar pretty well if he gets a bulk up sucker punch is a OHKO.

Parasect shud totly b ubar. rex everytin.

thx <3

Lazabeam

Hitmintop can't switch in safe though nobody is going to switch genga into hitmontop and let him get sucker punched ^______^

Inorite? He's too gewd 4 uber

Hitmintop can't switch in safe though nobody is going to switch genga into hitmontop and let him get sucker punched ^______^

Inorite? He's too gewd 4 uber

Well apparently some people do XD

but actually careful 176 spD / 252 hp can switch into any one of gengars attacks from timid or probably even modest.