• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brave the Storm! A new Kind of League!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudkip8003

Username: Mudkip8003
PO Name: DiscoPichu
Time Zone: GMT -5
Team: Ferrothorn, Espeon, Salamence, Vaporeon, Scizor, Terrakion, Venusaur, Magnezone

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Couple of questions:

~ Since your Sun Elite Four Leader is untested, would I possibly be able to try out for that spot?
~ Also, is this a League where you must use either Singles or Doubles, or does it not matter?

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
one: The sun e4 was tested and I accepted him, I just forgot to update the OP - thanks ^_^'
two: Singles unless stated otherwise, for example, the Tailwind Gym Leader could've chosen to battle doubles...
three: Just because you asked the above question, the league is on Pokemon Online, Smogon Server, Standard OU rules, NOT WiFi - 90% of people who play doubles use wifi is all :p

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Darn, alright. I was hoping I could get a spot. .______________.
I only play Doubles, but I do PO just as much as Wifi (if not more).

Anyways, thanks for the quick responses. ^^

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
Haha, you remind me of myself when I was a newb (very different from a n00b). I used to be the self-proclaimed King of Double Battles - I was a master at the tactics and still know a thing or two, but I've learned how to play singles as it's a much more common Metagame. I suggest you try to learn the competetive metagame in singles when you can...

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Eh, I'm not a newb or a noob. Just saying. I find Doubles to be much more interesting than Singles. Takes more thought and strategy than Singles, and overall more skill IMO. Pokemon is for a younger community, so that's why Singles is more popular.

I would like to get into Singles since it's more common, but it's just not as fun.

darkrai's_shadow

Fear of the Dark!
also, are we possibly allowed to use a weather with our teams? rain be very handiful with toxic abuse, im guessing not, but just wonderin

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
@Shadow - that's exactly what I had said too, but you'd be surprised the amount of strategy it takes to be sucessful in singles, just thanks to the sheer number of opponents...

well TBP hasn't been on for me to test, so he's still untested...
Darkrai - are you the rain e4? If you are go ahead, otherwise - no

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
Well perhaps you gym leaders should offer a battle to the challengers then? Maybe that will help with gaining interest...

also! Guys, if you don't mind, could you put some kind of advertisement in your signatures? I'll get some userbars done soon, but for the moment just a text add will do

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
No, Showing a Challengers team will PREVENT counterteaming. Gym leaders are still testing their teams, but once they are complete, I will have them archived, just in case. You only get 8 Pokemon because I don't want you making a new team for each Gym, thus Counterteaming...

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
You will most likely have to choose just one. Having three teams can be considered counterteaming, as you will choose your team based on the opponent, will you not?

Well it depends I guess, what do all the gym leaders think? I'd like a vote here, because this is as much your league as it is mine...

TyranitarFan

Professional Badass
uh how would it be considered counterteaming? im not gonna make a new team for every challer just to beat their team

Status
Not open for further replies.