• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brave the Storm! A new Kind of League!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
Brave the Storm! A new Kind of League

check out our Xat page!
DarkPulseBTSFrag.png

Welcome to what will soon be the Toughest PO League on the Serebii Forums! – This League is very different from most leagues, as instead of Gym Leaders and Elite four using Monotype team, they will be using Global or semiglobal Effects – Now I know you’re wondering, - What the hell is a "Global or semiglobal Effect!?" - well basically, it is one of several moves that affect the entire battlefield, or most of the battlefield (think triples, where it affects one whole team) - things like Gravity and Trick room are Global effects, while other things like Entry Hazards, Screens and Safeguard are deemed Semiglobal
Anyway, due to this, The challenger doesn't have the advantage of getting to use more than one type - as the opponent gets to aswell! So as a consolation, you will get to choose 8 Pokemon to start your challenge, and then another 2 (debatable) when you challenge the Elite Four - This means that you may swap Pokemon between battles to compensate for varying strategies...

Table Of Contents
To go to these things, press “ctrl+F” and imput the prefix of the section
(e.g. If you are looking for the Champion, simply search for “(6)” )
(1) - Rules
(2) - The Tier
(3) - How to Join
(4) - Challengers and their badges
(5) - Gym Leaders
(6) - Elite Four
(7) - Champion
(8) - Credits

Rules
(1)​
1 - Follow all Serebii Forum rules.
2 - PO (Pokemon Online) is mandatory for the League. Wi-fi will not be played.
3 - No flaming, spamming or trolling.
4 -CounterTeaming (CTing) is strictly prohibited. If anyone has proof of CTing for a battle, the battle in question will be invalid.
5 - Team revealing is also strictly prohibited, do not reveal any Pokemon or strategy after battling a Gym Leader, Elite Four or the champion.
6 - You must always save all battle logs, otherwise any battle will be invalid if challenged.
7 – Smogon’s Standard OU Tiers are used, with some exceptions, please read “the Tiers” section (below) even if you know the banlist through and through
8 – Gym leaders and Elite four members must maintain a degree of activity, making sure they can accept most challenges. I reserve the right to replace or remove any Gym Leader or Elite Four member I deem inactive, you may appeal this, but if you are going to be inactive, make sure you warn me in advance. A substitute may be provided in your absence...

The Tier
(2)​
Because not everybody knows what Smogon’s Banlist is, I’m going to imput it here, with the addition of bans specific to this league. (yes, there are league-specific bans, deal with it)
Please note this is STANDARD OU - that means no unreleased Dream World Pokes - if you can't get it on the DS, you can't use it on PO...
Items
All unobtainable Items (Soul Dew, for example)
All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Moves
All unreleased Dream World Moves
All moves that increase Evasion only (Double Team, Minimize)
All instant OHKO moves (Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold)
All moves that could counteract Gym Leaders or the E4: Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Hail, Trick Room, Wonder Room, Magic Room and Sky Drop (Gravity Glitch)
(See "Abilities" for reasonings)

Abilities
All Unreleased DW Abilities (such as Sand Rush Sandslash)
Drizzle
Drought

Moody
Sand Stream
Snow Warning

(Now, before you go all “WTF” this has nothing to do with my skills in weather [I love weather teams] – I want Players to be able to experience Battling a Weather team without fighting it in a Weather war - This League is meant to challenge Trainers to extend them to new heights. Challengers need to learn in order to beat this league. As such, the Weather Summoning abilities are Banned for Challengers)
Species
Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys-A
Deoxys
Dialga
Excadrill
Garchomp
Genesect
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Keldeo
Kyogre
Lugia
Manaphy
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Thundurus
Zekrom

How to Join
(3)​
To join, simply fill out one of the forms below, if you want to join as a Gym leader or Elite Four member, please make sure you can accept challenges fairly regularly, as I reserve the right to remove any gym leader or Elite four member I deem inactive.
Please note that all Elite four Members will need to be tested by Dark Pulse94 before they can become Elite Four members. Gym Leaders do not need such approval

To join as a league Member (E4 or Gym Leader)
Username:
PO Name:
Time Zone: (GMT +- ??? - PLEASE DO NOT SAY "EASTERN TIME")
Availability: In your time zone, what days/times can you usually be on (a guide, you do not have to be always be on in these times)
Type: (Types you can choose from are: Gravity, Wonder Room, Type Changer, Mist, Safeguard/Lucky Chant, Burn Abuse, Toxic or Magic Room. The Elite Four open slots are Hail, Rain and Sand.
Trainer Sprite: (This will come later, but I will get a friend to make a Team Pose (you and your Partner Pokemon) for each Gym leader and E4 member, with their badge (yet to come)
Base: pick one from here - again for your Team Pose
Partner Pokemon: (for the Elite four, this is your weather starter) Your Partner pokemon will appear on your Trainer card. This is the only Pokemon on your team you cannot change.
Badge Name/Type: Just so that when I get the badge made, I make something you'd like - you can VM me this if you want, but I

To join as a Challenger
Username: on serebii
PO Name:
Time Zone: see above
Team: (pick up to 8 Pokemon)

Last edited:

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
Challengers and their Badges
(4)​
This is a list of Challengers, in order of what badges they have collected:

New Challengers (no Badges)
Ice Blue Dragon (IceBlueDragon) - GMT +-???
Team: Skarmory, Marowak, Ninjask, Gyarados, Heatran, Reuniclus, Flygon, Scizor
MaximumZero (MaximumZero) - GMT +-???
Team: Infernape, Magnezone, Jellicent, Latios, Weavile, Breloom, Mew, Nidoking
Challenges with 1 Badge
-none-
Challengers with 2 Badges
-none-
Challengers with 3 Badges
-none-
Challengers with 4 Badges
-none-
Challengers with 5 Badges
-none-
Challengers with 6 Badges
-none-
Challengers with 7 Badges
-none-
Challengers with all 8 Badges
-none-

Challengers who have defeated the Hail Elite
-none-
Challengers who have defeated the Sun Elite
-none-
Challengers who have defeated the Rain Elite
-none-
Challengers who have defeated all of the Elite Four
-none-
Past Champions
-none-

Last edited:

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
Gym Leaders
(5)​
The Gym leaders may be challenged in any order, but it is best you choose the leader with the least current challenges to start with. Gym leaders may have no more than 5 current challenges, so they don't get overcrowded.
Tailwind - GoldArch3r
<BADGE>
PO Name: GoldArch3r
GMT +- ???
Availability:
Current Challengers:
-
-
-
-
-
Times Defeated: 0
Magic Room - [BTS]Dark Pulse94
<BADGE>
PO Name: [BTS]Dark Pulse94
GMT +11 (currently DST)
Availability:
Current Challengers:
-
-
-
-
-
Anti-status - [teg]bobyjoe
<BADGE>
GMT -3
Availability:
Current Challengers:
-
-
-
-
-
Switch Trap - Complications
<BADGE>
GMT -4
Availability:
Current Challengers:
-
-
-
-
-
Toxic - darkrais shadow
<BADGE>
PO Name: darkrais shadow
GMT -6
Availability:
Current Challengers:
-
-
-
-
-
DualScreens - [CC]KingTorterraXIV
<BADGE>
PO Name: [CC]KingTorterraXIV
GMT -7
Availability:
Current Challengers:
-
-
-
-
-
Entry Hazards - Vanamonde
<BADGE>
PO Name: Vanamonde
GMT -6
Availability:
Current Challengers:
-
-
-
-
-
Trick Room - x_vandslaux_x
<BADGE>
PO Name: x_vandslaux_x
GMT -5
Availability:
Current Challengers:
-
-
-
-
-

Elite Four
(6)​
The Elite Four is where the REAL test comes in place - you will have to battle them in order, and you will essentially have to fight the opponent in their home field, as all moves and abilities that change Weather are banned for challengers...
1 - Hail) [TheMaster]
<BADGE>
PO Name: [TheMaster]
GMT -7
Availability:
Current Challengers:
-
-
-
-
-
2 - Sun) dragonuser
<BADGE>
Current Challengers:
-
-
-
-
-
3 - Rain) <username>
<BADGE>
Current Challengers:
-
-
-
-
-
Times Defeated: <#>
4 - Sand) Wacky Tabaky
<BADGE>
GMT +8
Current Challengers:
-
-
-
-
-
Times Defeated: <#>

The Champion
(7)​
The champion will only apply to those who have defeated the League. When you defeat the league and the current champion (if there is none than woot) you may choose to become the Champion (suggested you accept :p) – you will keep the same 8 Pokemon you used to defeat the league, and when challengers defeat the league, they will challenge the current Champion in an attempt to overthrow them - even if you lose to the champion, you still will have defeated the league.

-Nobody-

Credits
(8)​
Wacky Tabaky and Mireille for helping me decide on Gym Leader types (smogon)
Impo, for helping me set things in order (PC)
Neo Pikachu and Nolan Hero for the Banners and Userbars!
Complications and Wacky Tabaky for joining Serebii just to be a Gym Leader/e4 in this league!

Last edited:

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
Oh, I thought there was none.

Username: arceusvictini
PO Name: [EDR]arceusvictini
Time Zone: GMT, right now in BST until the 31st october, which is td;lr normally GMT but until Halloween GMT+!
Availability: Weekdays 5-9 pm Weekends 7am-10pm. I have to take 30 min breaks between every hour though.
Type: Hail, as I'm specializing in Hail Stall.
Trainer Sprite: Red. I can make the teamposes too.
Base: I'd prefer to do a non-based one, using my disappearing team poses.
Partner Pokemon: Oh, shucks. I SO wanted Victini. ut when I read the it's a wether starter, my heart was let down. Abomasnow
Badge Name/Type: Abomasnow. And use NL's, they're in pokemon badges in fanart.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
^OK, well when I can get you tested to see if you are good enough, and then sure! Also, I kinda wanted to do badge arts that weren't Pokemon, at least for the Gyms - It'll work, sure, but yeah...
(Like maybe using Blizzard)

Vandslaux

Username: x_vandslaux_x
PO Name: x_vandslaux_x
Time Zone: GMT -5
Availability: I can generally battle in the Morning and late afternoon
Type: Trick Room
Trainer Sprite: Sabrina
Partner Pokemon: Reuniclus
Badge Name/Type: What's the general size going to be for the badges? IDK, depends on the size, is it going to be badge case size? I so then idk, but if not, do something like a Reuniclus using Trick Room, then put for text: Brave the Storm - Trick Room

Last edited:

Kyro12

HiddenAmongstShadows
Username: on serebii Kyro12
PO Name: Kyro
Time Zone: see above GMT -7
Team: (pick up to 8 Pokemon) Genesect, Swampert, Espeon, Latios, Staraptor, Chandelure, Reuniclus, Conkeldurr. If I can't use Genesect I will need to completely remodel this selection.

I know its reserved but, w/e:

To join as a league Member (E4 or Gym Leader)
Username: TheMaster
PO Name: [TheMaster] or [Drac]TheMaster
Time Zone: GMT -7 I believe.
Availability: Monday till friday mostly at 2-3:50, and 7-9. Sundays all day mostly.
Type: I'd love to be hail e4.
Trainer Sprite: Braycen
Base: Kyurem.
Partner Pokemon: Guess its abomasnow
Badge Name/Type: Something like an ice cube? or blizzard?

I'm using hail since a time already and even beat OSL's fire gym with it. Your choice tho.
EDIT:
Also:
Username: TheMaster
PO Name: [TheMaster], [Drac]TheMaster
Time Zone: -7
Team: ... (no). You really need this?

Last edited:

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
Username: TheBluePorygon
PO Name: Morning Sunn
Availability: Usually from 3:00-9:00 weekdays, and sometimes alot weekends
Type: Rain
Trainer Sprite:

Base: 30
Partner Pokemon: Politoed
Badge Name/Type: Typhoon Symbol (Whirlpool/Rain/Rain Cloud)

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
^It's in the form, all the ones you can choose from

@both hail e4 candidates
you two will need to battle each other with a standard OU battle - no ubers, no unreleased dream world stuff. Whoever wins will take the spot! ^_^

@kyro12 - sorry, Genereat is unreleased. This is for standard OU, not Dream World. Please keep that in mind when building your team. However, don't forget you can have up to 8 Pokémon to make challenging the league easier...

@x_vand_x - the badges will be badge case size - think Northern Light's badges... I just need to find someone who can make them first ^_^

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
oh yea should prob post this so u hav my info

Username: dragonuser
PO Name: light-kun/ all the lights/ [cc] dragonuser
Availability: Usually from 5:00-10:30 weekdays, and alot weekends
Type: sun
Trainer Sprite: paul :3
Base: 30
Partner Pokemon: charmander
Badge Name/Type: Meteorite symbol(fiery)

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
just posting,

Username:GOLDENCRS
PO Name:GoldArch3r
Time Zone: GMT -7 (Pacific Standard)
Availability: Monday-Thursday, from about 3-5 mostly, you can find me on here or by PM preferably.
Type: Tailwind
Trainer Sprite: Archer, from Team Rocket in HG/SS
Base: 5
Partner Pokemon: Tornadus
Badge Name/Type: Breeze Badge for name

Last edited:

darkrai's_shadow

Fear of the Dark!
Username: Darkrai's Shadow
PO Name: darkrais shadow
Time Zone: GMT -6
Availability: Monday-Friday anytime after 4PM (my time), any time saturday, sunday anytime after 5PM (my time)
Type: Toxic
Trainer Sprite: N
Base: 37
Partner Pokemon: Tentecruel
Badge Name/Type: The Sickness Badge

Last edited:

KingTorterraXIV

Wait what?
I guess u need my info

Username: KingTorterraXIV
PO Name: [CC] KingTorterraXIV
Time Zone: You already have it ^.^
Availability: I'm usually on weekends, school sucks x.x
Type: DualScreens
Trainer Sprite: Brendan (the Pokemon Emerald Sprite pleaz)
Base: 16
Partner Pokemon: Deoxys-Speed
Badge Name/Type: The Mirror Badge (sparkly ^.^)

Status
Not open for further replies.