• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brave The Wave! (296)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Brave The Wave!

Finally In Dewford Town, Ash is eager to find the Gym Leader. However it turns out the Gym Leader is busy surfing. When Ash finally convinces him to battle, he finds out he uses Fighting type Pokémon in a 2 on 2 Battle. He uses Machop and Makuhita. Can Ash Win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Kyahahahaha......Brawly.

^__^ I love this ep. So I figured I'd be first to comment on it.

All I'll say for now is.....shirtless Brawly. Oh, yeah. *__*

F

Factory Head Noland

Brawly's Machop must be really powerful because in both battles Ash couldn't defeat it with one Pokemon, Machop beat Taillow in the 1st battle and in the re-match Treecko couldn't beat it either.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Brawley was too annoying and Haryama looked a bit wrong (like, not right) so the narly battle totally rocked, but I got all bummed out by that whack episode.

YAY! I CAN SPEAK LIKE A SAD AMERICAN SURFER just like Brawley (the stupidest dubbed character yet, and he's not even British)

S

Shiny May

A good episode. I like how Brawly ignored Ash at first because he wanted to surf. I also like May's reaction to that.
The battle itself was also good. Like the whole avoiding thing and all. And that Makuhita evolved. It was a good episode and a good battle.
8/10

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
ChaosMage said:
Brawley was too annoying and Haryama looked a bit wrong (like, not right) so the narly battle totally rocked, but I got all bummed out by that whack episode.

YAY! I CAN SPEAK LIKE A SAD AMERICAN SURFER just like Brawley (the stupidest dubbed character yet, and he's not even British)

HEY, watch yourself. *glares* I don't take kindly to people dissing Brawly. And you spelled it wrong. So that makes that post suck even more.

He's NOT the stupidest dubbed character yet, that would be Wattson. And besides, Brawly still OWNED Ash's Pokemon in this ep, so arguing is wooooorthlesssssss!

*snarl* I don't wanna see ANYONE diss Brawly EVER AGAIN. I don't care if I'm not a mod and am acting like it. >> He's my baby. Sod off.

H

Hales

Phantom_Bugsy said:
HEY, watch yourself. *glares* I don't take kindly to people dissing Brawly. And you spelled it wrong. So that makes that post suck even more.

He's NOT the stupidest dubbed character yet, that would be Wattson. And besides, Brawly still OWNED Ash's Pokemon in this ep, so arguing is wooooorthlesssssss!

*snarl* I don't wanna see ANYONE diss Brawly EVER AGAIN. I don't care if I'm not a mod and am acting like it. >> He's my baby. Sod off.

Whoa calm down... and don't panic I don't plan on dissing Brawly, in fact I loved Brawly :D, he was uber cool. I love the friendship Ash and he had at the end of the episode or maybe it was more of an understanding but I can take what I get.

Also Phantom_Bugsy it's not nice to diss another member of the board, its his opinion, I don't agree with it though but there's no need to 'snarl' or 'glare' either. Feel free to call Brawly your baby if you want but it all boils down to this he's a character in an anime, not real life.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
*is going to sound SO childish* But he/she/it started it! ; ;

Flaming characters isn't allowed if I'm not mistaken. :3 Especially if that character happens to have a fangirl (or in some cases fanboy) who would like....die for them. XD *actually, not like. I WOULD. >>* I know it's not nice, but I don't particularly find people who diss my baby without thinking to be very nice people. :D

And um.....*goes back ontopic* ....SHRITLESS BRAWLY. :D Yeah. *squeal*

H

Hales

Phantom_Bugsy said:
*is going to sound SO childish* But he/she/it started it! ; ;

Flaming characters isn't allowed if I'm not mistaken. :3 Especially if that character happens to have a fangirl (or in some cases fanboy) who would like....die for them. XD *actually, not like. I WOULD. >>* I know it's not nice, but I don't particularly find people who diss my baby without thinking to be very nice people. :D

And um.....*goes back ontopic* ....SHRITLESS BRAWLY. :D Yeah. *squeal*
That's okay... 'he/she started it?' LOL... next time don't diss so meanly then :)

Shirtless Brawly... yeah it was definitely time to drool!

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Indeed he is. And if I hadn't brought this up already, I'll say it now:

I think Brawly's the only gym leader to appear shirtless. o_O; Except Brock, but....he's a character we see ALL the time so he doesn't count. And Lt. Surge is wearing something that just kinda exposes his chest, isn't he?

THAT MAKES HIM OH-SO SPECIAL. >3 *squee*

H

Hales

I actually loved his voice... and the way he said 'little dude' made me drool ;)

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
I loved his voice too. *___* I love everything about him. ^_^

Everything he does makes me drool. I was just like '..........OMG. I LOVE YUU.' Because I'm just THAT good. :eek:

H

Hales

Think Brawly will make another appearance? or is he stuck at Dewford Island battle less than thrilling trainers? :)

The other thing I really liked about this episode is that when TR stole Pikachu right from under Brawly nose and Ash mentioned that TR is just no good, he got really angry, which was another reason to love Brawly.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
I wish he'd make another appearance. :( Until then, all I can do is hope and rack up enough members in the fan club *points to her sig* to OVERPOWER THE WRITERS bwahaha. I mean.......XD I SAID NOTHING. *hides*

but yes, he does have a good sense of right and wrong. I love him so much for that, too. *__*

R

ronster486

i think toward the end of this episode, Ash acted a bit...imature. it was a good episode though

Alfonso

Derpgull
Phantom_Bugsy said:
Indeed he is. And if I hadn't brought this up already, I'll say it now:

I think Brawly's the only gym leader to appear shirtless. o_O; Except Brock, but....he's a character we see ALL the time so he doesn't count. And Lt. Surge is wearing something that just kinda exposes his chest, isn't he?

THAT MAKES HIM OH-SO SPECIAL. >3 *squee*

Didn't Chuck appear shirtless? (But, whatever. We'll ignore that. Chuck is an old man that has no fans and nobody cares about him... Oh, and if he does, then just ignore what I just said, 'cause I'm a b*tch. XD)

Now, if only Roxanne would appear shirtless... *is shot* x_x

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Well, Chuck is supposed to because his SPRITE is shirtless, you see. XD

Brawly's wasn't, but hoo BOY does he have a great body. *_____* Ummm....what was I talking about again? XD

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
Brawly was a cool character. Ash's battle against him was also neat. But... Ash's attitude near the end was childish... He shouldn't have yelled at May, Max, & Brock. It wasn't their fault he lost. :/ Anyway, this was a nice episode!

S

Shiny May

I just think Ash was too overconfident about the gymmatch and perhaps angry at Brawly since he kinda rejected Ash earlier that day when Brawly refused to battle Ash and instead went to surf