• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bravely Second - Remember to Tag Spoilers

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I beat the game some weeks ago (at least Australia got a game before America this time I suppose...) Prefer BD's music but BS' characters/side quests/story was at least on par with BD imo, and the gameplay was nicely refined and improved upon.

My choices on sidequests were:
[spoil]1st: Red Mage. Thief was especially pointless as within the dungeon was a hidden chest with a thief knife... so I could steal objects anyway.
2nd: Swordmaster. More useful than an MP-expensive job whose attacks were largely not yet available by then.
3rd: White mage. Her argument really didn't win me over tbh...
4th: Black mage. Who needs a d'gron with a powerful spell to beat the Baals when I could save the day? :V Besides, nothing stopping training for it afterwards.
5th: Ninja. Super useful. Not much of a choice to make.
6th: Valkyrie. Easy choice both ways - not a fan of single-sex schools.
7th: Performer. Wasn't too fussed at this stage, both it and Pirate has uses.
8th: Dark Knight; the argument was too poor to ignore imo.
[/spoil]
Swordsmaster and Ninja jobs work pretty well together. I'd go that route, personally.
Ninja and charioteer make for a good combo as well. Quad wield at the end of Charioteer, and Dual wield with Ninja early makes regular monsters while dungeon crawling pretty easy to beat up on. Using 4x Trample and maybe on odd occasion throwing weapons instead makes it even easier.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

Ninja and charioteer make for a good combo as well. Quad wield at the end of Charioteer, and Dual wield with Ninja early makes regular monsters while dungeon crawling pretty easy to beat up on. Using 4x Trample and maybe on odd occasion throwing weapons instead makes it even easier.

Charioteer's Quad Wield seems to have numerous applications like that. It's apparently quite good with Magic-users as well, since it grants a pretty substantial boost to Magic Attack by having four Rods equipped, which can help make up for the somewhat diminishing power of Magic later in the game.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Fort-Lune is officially completely reconstructed. Now to sic my 50 moon slaves on my Ba'al ship so that it takes less than 1.5 hours to lower a Ba'al's level by one.

Ability to avoid all damage for a turn? Valkyrie for the win. And considering I'm getting my advanced degree in knowing about the hidden plights of the modern male, it wasn't much of an internal debate in my mind this time around.

KillerDraco

Ability to avoid all damage for a turn? Valkyrie for the win. And considering I'm getting my advanced degree in knowing about the hidden plights of the modern male, it wasn't much of an internal debate in my mind this time around.

Personally I found going that route to be the absolute easiest asterisk battle in the game.

I remember Einheria being harder in the last game, but she was an absolute joke in this game... or maybe it's just because I'm remembering the fight with all three Venus sisters. Regardless, Einheria is a ridiculously easy Asterisk battle, as both of her only threatening attacks have drawbacks that are easily exploited. Crescent Moon will always put her into negative BP so you have time to heal afterwards, while Jump gives you plenty of time to Default to lessen the damage and build up BP. Such an easy fight, even if the Spirit Barrier in the middle does slow it down a little.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Man I was worried about it at first but Fencer is actually pretty legit now. Might be the P. Attack 20% Up helping but chained stance attacks do a surprisingly impressive amount of damage. Guess looking cool isn't the only thing Fencer is good for.

Also having an easier time with some of the bosses lately, not sure if that's because of more solid job setups due to having more options or if they're actually easier fights. I'm sure I'll hit a frustrating one at some point, though for now some of the random encounters are doing a good job of that already.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Man I was worried about it at first but Fencer is actually pretty legit now. Might be the P. Attack 20% Up helping but chained stance attacks do a surprisingly impressive amount of damage. Guess looking cool isn't the only thing Fencer is good for.

Also having an easier time with some of the bosses lately, not sure if that's because of more solid job setups due to having more options or if they're actually easier fights. I'm sure I'll hit a frustrating one at some point, though for now some of the random encounters are doing a good job of that already.

I only realized how broken Fencer can be a few days ago, but I learned it should NEVER be used for normal attacks and Multitask shenanigans.

As for those easy boss fights, either you're level grinding too much, or you're thinking the game is easy until it reveals to you that you're sorely mistaken.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I only realized how broken Fencer can be a few days ago, but I learned it should NEVER be used for normal attacks and Multitask shenanigans.

As for those easy boss fights, either you're level grinding too much, or you're thinking the game is easy until it reveals to you that you're sorely mistaken.

I've actually never been above the minimum recommended level for a dungeon when I enter it, I even entered one a level below the recommended level before. I'm still in Chapter 2 (though I believe I'm finished with it) so I'm sure I just haven't reached the point you're talking about.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA why does this game throw in gender equality and make me choose between two of my favorite jobs I hate this game

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I have finished Bravely Second and watched the secret ending.

...Except I have a hell lot to complete for 100% completion. I'm missing quite a lot of bosses I didn't want to fight yet.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA why does this game throw in gender equality and make me choose between two of my favorite jobs I hate this game

Now I know a weakness of yours.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Bravely Grind

I went with pirate for this one. My insane plan was to have Tiz learn Quad Wield and equip him with 4 axes and proceed to kill everything. I'm still doing that, but it's not as big a hit as I'd hoped.
I felt better about this one. I sided with Alternis, as Edea should always naturally do, and got myself the time mage asterisk. I wanted all them time powers over the ability to hurt myself anyways.
There's no way I would've figured out how to get to Chapter 5 on my own, on medication, at 3 o'clock in the morning. I spent a good hour or two doing the Luxendarc tour, gathering all the asterisks I didn't get in the first timeline. I think I left this new timeline in a worse state than I did in the original timeline. Of all things, the Angelo/Aimee combo was the one to give me the greatest hassle, taking me three tries to get it right. Really?
I'm legit surprised I beat Geist on the first go, and using exorcist powers has been remarkably life-saving. I'll admit I'm too dumb to piece together all the unbreakable combos this game can pull off, so I know I'm only making things harder for myself in the long run.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So I just reached plot spoilers in Chapter 3 and

Having those two fights in a row in front of the Water Crystal is a really sneaky thing to pull, I'm finally starting to catch onto this game being less scared to throw tricks and surprises at you like that and playing on Hard has made it much more stressful but much more exciting at the same time. Definitely starting to like these main story fights a lot more lately.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I do have this one question despite not having played the game.

Was the original term for catmancer in Japanese versions something along the lines of nekomancer? I can see that being a pun of necromancer.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I do have this one question despite not having played the game.

Was the original term for catmancer in Japanese versions something along the lines of nekomancer? I can see that being a pun of necromancer.

Yes, it was Nekomancer and it was a pun on Necromancer.

tbh Enkomancer sounds better than Catmancer anyway but we

also am I the only one who got the Thief Asterisk ._.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So I just reached plot spoilers in Chapter 3 and

Having those two fights in a row in front of the Water Crystal is a really sneaky thing to pull, I'm finally starting to catch onto this game being less scared to throw tricks and surprises at you like that and playing on Hard has made it much more stressful but much more exciting at the same time. Definitely starting to like these main story fights a lot more lately.

Pfft. That second boss battle was extremely tame. You're fighting a healer who doesn't even seem to call for reinforcements and has really lousy intelligence stats.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Pfft. That second boss battle was extremely tame. You're fighting a healer who doesn't even seem to call for reinforcements and has really lousy intelligence stats.

It's not that tame when I start the battle unhealed because I don't know a fight is coming and when he still does pretty big damage with his one elemental attack. Also when your party consists of Wizard/Hawkeye/Bishop/Ninja, things tend to do a lot of damage, both you and the enemies. Maybe that's my fault for running a glass cannon party. Definitely a notable step down from the previous fight but it still wasn't a joke of a fight or anything; the lack of reinforcements definitely helped.

Last edited:

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
also am I the only one who got the Thief Asterisk ._.

Yes.

I did it, guys! I beat the game! And I understood at least 75% of the backstory! Now, I know I won't be completing the bestiary or items list, but I'm wondering if I should still go check out all the bonus game dungeons and/or get those Seven Sins (hopefully without context that isn't really a spoiler)? Also, is it just me, or did this game seem...easier? In Bravely Default, I couldn't beat the final bosses even with everyone at level 99 and maxed out in every class with the best gear on. Here, I was level 75, not equipped with the best gear, and generally my characters only had 3-4 classes at level 10. (I also had no SP to use, which just makes it more exciting.) Anyways, great game, 9/10, probably won't play another great turn-based RPG until Sun/Moon (lol, just kidding, it's only gonna be Moon for me).

(For guidance's sake, I ended up clocking in at around 76 hours by the time I beat the game.)

KillerDraco

The game REALLY likes to make you feel like a terrible person for picking Thief, though.

Too bad they can't all be like the decision with Sholmes! Literally zero moral weight to it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The super boss of this game is just...

I miss using all those broken strategies from the previous game. Why can't I double my HP anymore?!

Can someone post a spoiler post as to what happens in all the real bad endings? I'm assuming, since they're all in Japanese, that I can't just Youtube them.

It's basically whatever other choice that tried to prevent something nasty from happening but still got turned down. I heard the bad ending to the Thief one is just... And then the one for the Black Mage...

They just make you feel like utter crap. The Japanese complained heavily about all the stuff they had to watch because it felt like the game was really guilt tripping them all.

Last edited: