• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bravely Second - Remember to Tag Spoilers

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So I haven't played this game in awhile, but I assume I must be getting close to the end since I'm nearly 80 hours in and plot things are happening.

I'm fighting Diamante

Recently maxed out Summoner though and learned how insane Summoning Surge with Spellcraft Rain is. Made the previous boss Fire-weak and had a Fire Amp and two Promethean Fire Rains in one turn did a total of at least 50000 damage. Think I'll be subbing Patissier on someone now.

EDIT: Whoa. That final boss theme was something else. Incredibly satisfied with this game, can't wait to go about finishing up the rest that the game has to offer. I'm not ready for the struggles of superbosses but that's okay I've never been ready for the other superbosses I have beaten in other games.

Last edited:

TheGreaterLucario

So I haven't played this game in awhile, but I assume I must be getting close to the end since I'm nearly 80 hours in and plot things are happening.

I'm fighting Diamante

Recently maxed out Summoner though and learned how insane Summoning Surge with Spellcraft Rain is. Made the previous boss Fire-weak and had a Fire Amp and two Promethean Fire Rains in one turn did a total of at least 50000 damage. Think I'll be subbing Patissier on someone now.

EDIT: Whoa. That final boss theme was something else. Incredibly satisfied with this game, can't wait to go about finishing up the rest that the game has to offer. I'm not ready for the struggles of superbosses but that's okay I've never been ready for the other superbosses I have beaten in other games.

Umm, just so you know,

Anne isn't the final boss. Save after that tent scene, go to the title screen and start up NG+. In the battle against Kaiser Oblivion, once you get to control Yew, use BRavely Second. Unless you know all this and have already beaten CHapter 6.

KillerDraco

Umm, just so you know,

Anne isn't the final boss. Save after that tent scene, go to the title screen and start up NG+. In the battle against Kaiser Oblivion, once you get to control Yew, use BRavely Second. Unless you know all this and have already beaten CHapter 6.

...Did you look at his spoiler?

He specifically mentioned fighting Diamante. You don't fight Diamante until the end of Chapter 5... or is it Chapter 6? I think it's the former.

I will say though, that Diamante was one of my favorite fights, as bizarre as its design was. Definitely was not expecting that design. But the whole mirror concept made me think more carefully than I normally do, since speed become important lest those attacks get sent back in my face. I like atypical bosses that are more than just your standard damage sponges.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Speaking of Ba'als, I managed to convert a friend over to the Bravely Second side of the Force just by playing the Ba'al theme around her. We did it, everyone. High fives all around. If everyone's close to being done, I'd be interested in knowing what everyone's Final Battle Team Setup was. I'll go first.

Yew: Astrologian/Bishop
Magnolia: Wizard/Black Mage
Edea: Exorcist/Freelancer
Tiz: Swordmaster/Pirate

Pretty sure I didn't stumble upon anything truly gamebreaking, but this setup served me pretty well for the last few hours. Also, no, I don't remember my equipment setup. No Unearthly Buns spamming either.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
My final party setup ended up being Wizard/Summoner Yew, Bishop/Astrologian Edea, Ninja/Guardian Magnolia and Fencer/Ninja Tiz, turned out to be a pretty solid party all around. Astrologian sub proved useless for the final boss but it's been useful elsewhere with Limit Breaker, but with Summoner and Fencer buffs it's admittedly not really even necessary aside from Status Barrier and Elemental Mirror for certain bosses. Guardian was mainly for a fast Soul Mirror user because god that skill is insane, trvializes a ton of late-game and post-game fights. Reflecting a move counts as evading an attack too so Transience activates on it which is neat. I'm not sure why I didn't switch to Ninja/Fencer Tiz for the higher damage but Falcon Claw is quite solid too with a BP Skill Amp. Crossfire on my physical attackers has also been really neat for a 25% chance for an extra strong attack after an ally's move, especially when combined with Summoning Surge + Summon Rain and Echo.

Speaking of, turns out Echo can chain into itself because I got two consecutive activations from one Rain and ended up totaling probably around 150k damage to beat one of the post-game bosses with a total of 4 Summon Rains in one turn from just Yew. Gold Hairpin and Steady MP Recovery also makes Summoner really self-sufficient, 30 MP every turn and 25% MP cost reduction goes a long way. Spellcraft Summoner is something else. Dawn of Odyssey was also nice since I could always use Calm to safely buff up while they take advantage of the free BP, and let me use BP just a bit more liberally. Love Calm, amazing skill.

Xuxuba

Do you get anything for beating the entire game on Hard Mode?

I heard that in the japanese version, you did.

TheGreaterLucario

...Did you look at his spoiler?

He specifically mentioned fighting Diamante. You don't fight Diamante until the end of Chapter 5... or is it Chapter 6? I think it's the former.

I will say though, that Diamante was one of my favorite fights, as bizarre as its design was. Definitely was not expecting that design. But the whole mirror concept made me think more carefully than I normally do, since speed become important lest those attacks get sent back in my face. I like atypical bosses that are more than just your standard damage sponges.

.......Oh right, my bad. I was getting
the fight with Diamante confused with the first fight against Anne, I guess. And Diamante is fought during chapter 5.

Last edited: