• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bravely Second (SPOILERS FOR BRAVELY DEFAULT)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's about time to start a new thread, now that info is starting to pour out. In this thread, discuss Bravely Second and anything that was shown in the prequel that you want to see again.

We have received our first bit of news about the sequel of Bravely Default.

In this report, it's revealed that Magnolia will be able to change jobs. So far, the only confirmed jobs are Time Mage, Red Mage, Performer, and Valkyrie.

As for the story side of it, Agnes has become the pope of the Crystal Orthodoxy and is striving for peace in Eternia...but at the signing of the peace treaty held there, she is taken prisoner.

And that's about it for info.

Last edited:

diakyu

Thank you for making this thread. I do wonder if they'll make Agnes a party member since at the moment all we have are Magnolia and Tiz. I do wonder if they'll have a
Celestial return to Tiz. Because I mean there isn't much more they can do to get him back in action. And they were pretty strict with the fact that the Celestial was the player.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So Time Mage, Red Mage, Performer, and Valkyrie so far. Curious to see what lineup of classes we'll get this time, old ones and I'd imagine new ones too. I'd imagine we're still getting Freelancer, Black/White Mage, Monk and Knight though, those are probably safe assumptions.

I do wonder if they'll make Agnes a party member since at the moment all we have are Magnolia and Tiz.

I wonder if they'll stick to just a party of four characters total this time as well (not that it's a bad thing). A fully customizable job system might throw the idea off somewhat, but it would be interesting to see if they could implement a party of more than four people well without making it redundant to have extra people in your party. Of course, I'm just tossing ideas at this point.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I like the look of Magnolia as a Time Mage. I loved Time Mages in Flying Fairy, but didn't really like their design, so this is a nice improvement. I also hope they add the 'Save Person's' class, as...

although he was an optional boss at the end of the game, you didn't get his class, so I hope that you can get it in the new game as a reward for beating him.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
The other half of the game better not be filler and boring shet again, or else no sale from me.

diakyu

Yeah, it was pretty telling when the developers added a bunch of time saving options in FTS. They most likely won't make the same mistake twice.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The other half of the game better not be filler and boring shet again, or else no sale from me.
I don't ever want to have to fight a mandatory boss 4 times again.

I like a more story focus approach rather than a drawn out adventure like the first one.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
We get to play as Tiz again, right? Ehh what a boring character. Him and Agnes. Here's to hoping Magnolia has an interesting personality!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't know, I'm pretty okay with all four characters from before, I found them all tolerable by the end. Agnes just took until Chapter 4-5 to stop getting on my nerves with everything she said. Meanwhile Ringabel and Edea were fine throughout, but Ringabel being the "mysterious man" plus the obsession with girls, and Edea going traitor aren't things I haven't seen before. I actually really liked Tiz for being a "normal" guy in comparison so seeing that "normality" shattered at the end was a great twist. Plot was definitely not high on my list when I played Bravely Default (I won't deny there were some great moments though), but I'm definitely interested in seeing what's going on with Tiz and how things in general have developed.

diakyu

I have a little theory on Tiz. At the end of Bravely Default it's assumed Tiz dies after setting the celestial inside of himself free. But according to the Bravely Second teaser this isn't the case. Now in the teaser we see Tiz being held in a White Mage Tank with the people studying him and apparently keeping him alive, he also seems to have a problem with cerebral dysrhythmia (abnormal cardiac rhythm). But what if he wasn't alive the entire time? Hold this thought for the second.

In the new scans we see Magnolia meeting Agnes without Tiz at her side and Agnes apparently isn't a captive yet. So perhaps the game starts before Magnolia gets Tiz and Agnes gets taken prisoner. And who would Agnes ask for when she gets captured, well it'd clearly be Tiz. Now lets go back to Tiz.

At the beginning of BD Airy's sister requests the player to basically use their soul to use Tiz body to help her defeat Airy. At the end she thanks the player and says "farewell for now". So what if after Tiz releases the celestial he is in fact dead and the Doctors in the teaser are just keeping his physical body from decaying in case the celestial comes back? Agnes after BD, not being able to deal with Tiz dying, puts the doctors and researchers in charge of looking after him and keeping him in good shape. Then the beginning of Bravely Second happens and the celestial comes back, perhaps with Airy's sister's guidance? At first his body has problems adjusting (causing abnormal rhythm) but eventually it evens out (the doctors in the teaser say his rhythm slightly stabilizes). Then Magnolia comes in busting up a storm and gets him at Agnes' request. The only problem I have with this is I don't have an explanation for why Magnolia attacks the people looking after Tiz. But maybe she is just misunderstanding the situation as she does seem all high and mighty. But most of this is just conjecture so I'm probably wrong, bleh.

Keysmash

buys meat
We get to play as Tiz again, right? Ehh what a boring character. Him and Agnes. Here's to hoping Magnolia has an interesting personality!

From what I've seen, she's playful and kind of flirty. Hopefully someone like Edea and Ringabel. I agree, the two 'main characters' of BD were unbelievably boring.

Also, thanks again for making the thread, Chris.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod

I'm okay with this. To be fair, I'm not the most familiar with either of these artists, but the big change of music style will be...interesting, to say the least. Also nice to know there will be a demo for this one too.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Other than the groovy and bodacious battle music "Conflict's Chime" (which is pure bonarific), the music was... Ehh. The overworld theme reminded me of Ni No Kuni a little bit, which was IMO better.

Did a little google diving to search this one, and I'm just here to say I HATED this dungeon theme. I wanted to mute the game whenever it was on. The Youtube comments say they like it, but I'd be perfectly fine if it was removed.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Did a little google diving to search this one, and I'm just here to say I HATED this dungeon theme. I wanted to mute the game whenever it was on. The Youtube comments say they like it, but I'd be perfectly fine if it was removed.

I don't know, I wasn't totally taken away by this game's soundtrack like a lot of people were, but I quite liked that theme in particular.

I can already see the hopeful comments about the story not pulling the parallel worlds card again. Though I wouldn't have expected them to pull something like that again regardless. So different writing and different music, I imagine it's going to feel a lot different from the last game.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna

So are you telling me, there's a chance??!! Sweet baby Jesus! Chapter 5-8 is no more!!!! Hallelujah! Announce a Collectors Edition for the US, and I'm there! Just make a better built statue next time (no stupidly disfigured Agnes face this time), por favor.

ForeverFlame

Thank god. Bravely Default was better when it was just a stereotypical fantasy story IMO.

And I'm still mourning the loss of Revo, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't sick of the Bravely Default soundtrack. It gets very repetitive after a while, so I'm glad we're getting some fresh material.

Keysmash

buys meat
Hatsune Miku...? Vocaloid in my JRPGs...?

Looks like a bit of everything will be changed from the last game. Whether or not that's good remains to be seen.

diakyu

Thank god. Bravely Default was better when it was just a stereotypical fantasy story IMO.
Eh, JRPG stories only become good after **** hits the fan and logic goes out the window. But I'm sure the writing will be fine since it's people from the light novels which I heard were fine.

On the music, meh. It's just Ryo composing, not all of supercell in on this. Not sure how it's gonna turn out.