• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brawl! Battle Royal 151!! (1072)

nuzamaki90

Although I think the episode was fine on its own, it really should’ve been split in two. Contestants that were on that listing board in Pokénchi didn’t even show up, and the ones that did only made short cameos at the beginning. Hell Kahili wasn’t even shown battling or with a Pokémon, just getting ready for some golf which I’m almost certain was the only reason she was there. Poor girl, just as irrelevant in the anime as the games.

But that’s more of the bigger issue I have with this League. The interactions are absolutely nowhere to be found. It’s just Ash, the classmates, and the occasional Hau and Gladion appearance, who has still yet to acknowledge his sister who’s also competing. Bleh.

I did like the moment Ash and Gladion had during the scuffle, it reminded me of the Goku and Jiren stand-off in the beginning of the Tournament of Power. Hopefully we get more moments like that. Good episode nonetheless.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Wait. So what's Hiroki doing commanding a Pyukumuku next week?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
James' shirt has a Chimecho instead of an Alolan Exeggutor like Dexio. Nice callback.

This ep was chaotic, as expected. Nice teamwork between friends and rivals. And only one Z-Move. How surprising.

Plumeria's battle was pretty cool. I liked her intense expressions. She lost, but put a dent in Ilima's team, so it works out in the end.

But the true MVP was Mimikyu and its horror movie walk cycle that I am 100% sure I'll be seeing in my nightmares today.

Also, Nanu passed out on the bed.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I will write a longer review in a little bit man the teamwork scenes were fantastic, Nagisa and Shaymin finishes off some Pokemon with their trainers standing side by side or Kaki being proud of Lillie in efforts during the Royale.

RLC

Lana and Mallow teamed up to defeat something. I forget if it was shown. There was another scene later where Shaymin did something.

The only trainer who crept through the carnage without any knockouts was James. Gladion had a perfect opportunity to KO Pikachu as he had been weakened after doing an insane amount of damage, but teamed up instead.

I believe Pikachu's kill count in this episode alone:

-Poliwrath
-Clawitzer
-Skarmory
-Gyarados

There was another Pokemon he used Iron Tail on. Pikachu put in a lot of work here.
i swear pikachu/ash and kiawe doing work this episode made me so happy that i actually didn't question certain things from this episode, really hope both makes it far

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
It was OK episode, better than last one. I'd give it 5.5/10. Could've been better than being rushed and overcrowded, but still passable. Real event starts with next episode.

situationuk

Kiawe was the mvp of the Battle Royale, by far.

Ash, Guzma and Gladion are clearly the semifinalists. With Ilima and Hau being knocked out early, I'm wondering who is going to be the last one.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
And just like I predicted, this was a **** show. Ash and Kiawe were the only ones who did **** while the others stood around. Sophocles and Lillie got a minute of screen time while Lana and Mallow didn't even use an attack -_- ....

And I'm suppose to give Eevee and Shaymin three wins each for doing nothing, oh the stupidity.

They could have given some of Pikachu and Turtonator's screen time to the others but nope, we need to see Pikachu be a spotlight hog for the millionth time.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Kiawe was the mvp of the Battle Royale, by far.

Did this episode manage to eclipse Kalos, already?

Out of all XY, the only meaningful feat was Pikachu defeating Tyranitar, Metagross in a row during the finals.

In this episode alone, Kiawe/Turtonator had 5 confirmed kills (Magmortar, Electivire, Alolan Sandslash, Metagross) and one assist (Salamence).

Ash/Pikachu had 6 confirmed kills (Sudowoodo, Poliwrath, Araquanid, Gyarados, Skarmory, Clawitzer), all OHKO's. I think Poliwrath/Araquanid was possibly the most impressive because they were OHKO'd with Electroweb.

Both Kiawe and Ash basically pulled off a 6-0 sweep in this one episode.

axelme

Ash and Kiawe getting so much attention in this one was expected but annoying. like, really. we couldnt give a couple minutes to some of the other classmates?.

im hoping a female will make the final 4. to my knowledge never, in any league has a girl made final 4 or a final, which is just pathetic. the best option for a woman to make final 4 here would be Accerola but since that would mean one of ash, gladion, kiawe or guzma had to lose early that can't be allowed to happen.personally i'd rather see a surprise than that expected final 4. Kiawe would be the easiest to write out early. Ash would be the funniest option

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Huh. Here I thought the Z-Move users would be wiping out people by the dozens to clear the field.

Instead it was a crapload of OHKOs like a crowded episode of BW...

Heck, some Z-Move users went down like *snaps fingers* (What was the point of Hiroshi having a Z-Crystal?o_O)

Still, gotta give it credit for being action packed and eventful (even if it was rushed as heck).

Though go figure Shaymin got to battle and we didn't see it! :confused:

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Pretty much what I expected of battle royale preliminaries, not the most exciting thing ever, but still a nice appetizer for the main event (though mallow and lana only doing stuff off-screen was horribly disappointing). Lol at Boruto though

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Ok even I have to admit the action sequence looked good.

But I still wish they would stop depicting Legendary Pokemon as being pretty much invincible, and if it wasn't for their plot armor most of the Alola companions would've been curbstomped from the get go.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Which memory Silvally used against Talonflame? Was it rock?