• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brawl! Battle Royal 151!! (1072)

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
It was indeed Rock.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
At least the Tournament of Power had the decency of showing full battles, even if time was really strange (not as strange as the Pokemon anime's, though).

Because she lacks her Elite Four power.

Here, she's NOTHING.
RIP the "Alola league will decide Alola E4" theory

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
At least the Tournament of Power had the decency of showing full battles, even if time was really strange (not as strange as the Pokemon anime's, though).

Because she lacks her Elite Four power.

Here, she's NOTHING.
I know Sun Moon anime is the last to consider fully integrating in-game occurrences into its anime, but it's sad all Kahunas and Elite Four received loads of screen time besides her.

What's worse, she was hyped in pre-release demo and later revealed as a former Island Challenge Champion. Only to be treated like that in anime...

Xuxuba

Ash and Kiawe getting so much attention in this one was expected but annoying. like, really. we couldnt give a couple minutes to some of the other classmates?.
The sad thing is that 2 out of the 3 girls will be out after the next episode cuz Lillie ain't gonna defeat Gladion.

Their legacy will be 1 minute of them fighting in the battle royale and a final battle that doesn't even get it's own episode, having to share their screentime with a bunch of other characters.

Makes you wonder what was the reason behind giving them all those last minute power ups if they weren't going to receive that much focus to begin with.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Got to say I’m surprised it went so well.

I love how everyone expected just Z Moves: The Episode but we only got Inferno Overdrive

Gladion appearing with Silvally was intimidating but I’m glad they worked together

Surprised Rotom was up with Lusamine and co.

I think Kiawe’s feats were good but everyone’s giving him a little too much credit considering most of his opponents were weak to Fire or Turtonator resisted their STAB

Mimikyu being nightmare incarnate? The usual I see. Shame James never gotten any battles

Mallow and Lana had some offscreen battles? That’s a shame

Plumeria gave Salazzle justice.

9/10 episode. Looking forward to the match ups

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I know Sun Moon anime is the last to consider fully integrating in-game occurrences into its anime, but it's sad all Kahunas and Elite Four received loads of screen time besides her.

What's worse, she was hyped in pre-release demo and later revealed as a former Island Challenge Champion. Only to be treated like that in anime...
Even worse than that, an USUM trailer implied she would have a larger role..............and then she was just there to teach you the Flyinium-z pose as an unnecesary cutscene when you find it in Ten Carat Hill (a completely skippable and pointless cave in USUM)

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
The writers must really hate Araquanid, the poor thing has had less than 30 seconds screentime throughout its two appearances.

James when presenting the PokeProblem:
“You already know, don’t you?”
Me: “Yes, paid attention from last week.”

RLC

Did this episode manage to eclipse Kalos, already?

Out of all XY, the only meaningful feat was Pikachu defeating Tyranitar, Metagross in a row during the finals.

In this episode alone, Kiawe/Turtonator had 5 confirmed kills (Magmortar, Electivire, Alolan Sandslash, Metagross) and one assist (Salamence).

Ash/Pikachu had 6 confirmed kills (Sudowoodo, Poliwrath, Araquanid, Gyarados, Skarmory, Clawitzer), all OHKO's. I think Poliwrath/Araquanid was possibly the most impressive because they were OHKO'd with Electroweb.

Both Kiawe and Ash basically pulled off a 6-0 sweep in this one episode.

no it didn't this episode while not horrible was nothing special either don't over hype it, also pikachu took out two of shota's pkmn too and did decent dmg to Alain and shota's ace, further more most pokemon if not all in this league just got taken out with one hit which came off as cheap and hollow victories compared to the tyranitar and metagross which felt like it was actually earned,way more than these anyway.

And just like I predicted, this was a **** show. Ash and Kiawe were the only ones who did **** while the others stood around. Sophocles and Lillie got a minute of screen time while Lana and Mallow didn't even use an attack -_- ....

And I'm suppose to give Eevee and Shaymin three wins each for doing nothing, oh the stupidity.

They could have given some of Pikachu and Turtonator's screen time to the others but nope, we need to see Pikachu be a spotlight hog for the millionth time.
Nope. You predicted that this wouldn't be a battle royale.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Nope. You predicted that this wouldn't be a battle royale.

Nope, I said if it was a battle royale it would be a mess with 151 people fighting at once and I was right. The writers proved they couldn't handle their little experiment so hopefully the real battles will be better handled.

Red and Blue

While it's unfortunate that Mareanie didn't get a chance to battle at least sticking with James saved it from elimination. Waiting it out and staying hidden is another way to win a Battle Royale

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Acelora you have a dead Pokemon meaning it can’t faint. Just pretend it’s alive or something and that it has issues and you can win league! Or just have a Dhelmise ready to fight Kiawe

Overall rushed here and there with other notable flaws like Sandy and Shaymin not seen to actually use attacks but still was better than XY’s opening league episode. No pointless, creepy Furfrou dude to get in the way even if he would enjoy this League a thousand times more (you just came at the wrong time is all buddy)!

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Did this episode manage to eclipse Kalos, already?

Out of all XY, the only meaningful feat was Pikachu defeating Tyranitar, Metagross in a row during the finals.

In this episode alone, Kiawe/Turtonator had 5 confirmed kills (Magmortar, Electivire, Alolan Sandslash, Metagross) and one assist (Salamence).

Ash/Pikachu had 6 confirmed kills (Sudowoodo, Poliwrath, Araquanid, Gyarados, Skarmory, Clawitzer), all OHKO's. I think Poliwrath/Araquanid was possibly the most impressive because they were OHKO'd with Electroweb.

Both Kiawe and Ash basically pulled off a 6-0 sweep in this one episode.
I want to see more details about the battles regardless of the outcomes though. OHKO's felt cheap though even though the cast, TRio along with some rivals fought against the nobodies. It makes me feel skeptical that the writers can deliver the battles in more epic/believable ways for the final 16 participants overall.

And we didn't get the chance to see what Mallow's Shaymin is capable of, unlike Lana's Sandy. We didn't got to see what Hau's Raichu is capable off. Seriously, it should be a 2 episode part. The battle royale idea was fun, it's just rushed overall.

Reactions: RLC

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
BTW, lol at lillie now having defeated 2 pseudos

RLC

BTW, lol at lillie now having defeated 2 pseudos
^ this, i'm still in awe that she actually made it to the next round
i didn't want to bring it up or i would seem like a lillie hater to certain fans(i think I've complained too much about her), even though the only classmate i dislike is sophocles, though admittedly i'm looking forward to gladion vs lillie