• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Break ins/Robbings

Chairman

Recently my house was borken into. It was 6:30 in the morning (weird time, I know), and I beleive this person came into our backyard through the house next door. He went into our house through the back door, which was wide open, and then went into my bedroom which was closest to the back door. I was sleeping at the time, but he took my wallet which was right where my door was (he didn't really go into my room because he didn't want to get caught [I think]). After seeing my wallet had nothing in it he put it on a table near the back door, or put it there to take it later, and then made his way up the hallway. When he reached my parents room the floorboards squeeked, so with my mum being a light sleepr she woke up. She said she saw a masculine figure walk across the door, but she thought it was me fooling around, so she sat up. He had his back pressed up against the wall in the halway, probably cause he knew he made a lot of noise and slowy peeped around the door. My mum was now sitting up and she saw him and jumped out of bed and screamed "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! GET THE FU** OUT OF MY HOUSE!" I was sleeping at the time, but after hearing my mum scream I thought she was screaming at my dog becuase she often whimpers really loudly in the morning, becuase she wants to get inside. I was surprised why she was so angry, so I quickly jumped out of my bead. As I was doing this I heard extremely loud footsteps and a jingling sound in the hallway, and to my surprise I saw a figure race past my door.

He didn't steal anything, but he had the intent to. I found it funny that my tiny mum managed to scare him away, although he probably didn't want to get caught.

I want to know if anyone else has experienced this sought of thing.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
He went into our house through the back door, which was wide open

This what happen when you leave the door open. You were lucky that nothing got stolen other wise the insurance would refuse to pay out claiming that it was your fault for leaving the back door open.

Chairman

It was opened at 6:00am to let the dog in. I don't know what sort of robber breaks in to peoples houses at that time, which is when most people are waking up to go to work/school.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Not to your level Chairman but once when my family went on vacation our house was robbed! They took small stuff, jewelery cash, etc. My class ring was stolen but my battle axe was left on my bed...it was under the bed, so the thief(s) found it & decided to leave it!

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Most likely a chancer who though he would try is luck.

Chairman

Not to your level Chairman but once when my family went on vacation our house was robbed! They took small stuff, jewelery cash, etc. My class ring was stolen but my battle axe was left on my bed...it was under the bed, so the thief(s) found it & decided to leave it!

Nothing was actually taken, Ive check a lot and nothing seems to be missing.

@blaze I think this person could have been going into other peoples houses all night on a robbing spree, and we were probably the last on his list. Just a theory, but seems plausible

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Nothing was actually taken, Ive check a lot and nothing seems to be missing.

@blaze I think this person could have been going into other peoples houses all night on a robbing spree, and we were probably the last on his list. Just a theory, but seems plausible
More the fact that you were home wt the time. If the burglar was of a homicidal nature things could have been very different.

Chairman

More the fact that you were home wt the time. If the burglar was of a homicidal nature things could have been very different.

I know, it's pretty scary when you think about it. It is difficult if you have to confront burglar, their unpredictable. They could be a punk kid (like the one in my case) or like you said a homicidal maniac.

My freind has been robbed, about 10k worth of stuff was taken. Luckily they weren't home at the time, because apparanly it was a well organised group who had weapons, or atleast a pick axe.

thaBlob

< He no liek mudkipz
We went on holiday, when we cam e back, a punch of kids had taken a ladder out of our garage, and used it to get up to a window, smashed it open, and gone everywhere. Th whole house was a mess and the spare room's bixes containing baby stuff had been ripped open. Most of them had clothes in but some gold necklaces of my little sister's were taken (they were baptism gifts) and my mother's pearl necklace my dad got her on their honeymoon. Oh and a gold bracelet my grandmother gave my mom (it was a keepsake and worth over 400 euros, as well as sentimental value. (m grandmother is dead) ).

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm fortunate enough to have not had a burglar break into my house, but my neighborhood for a while had quite a few, most likely from the same people. I do recall a day where my neighbor's house alarm went off and two people ran off, but that was about it.

Chairman, that's a funny story. Just another example of an idiotic robber who knew better, but the open door was just an invitation for him to just walk right in. Whoever opened the door to let the dog out should be to blame for almost getting your house robbed, because they should have stayed up and waited for the dog to finished its business or just kept it outside.

ChedWick

You are quite fortunate.

When I was in high school it was St. Patties day and I was out with some friends, my parents were out, my brother was out, and my sister was home alone. I got a call from my Mom saying I needed to get back to the house right away, someone was trying to break in with my sister there. Well luckily we had a DD that night and were only 5 minutes away. Within in 2 minutes my house was flooded with drunk high school kids. Luckily for whoever it was only my sister and her friend were there alone and unharmed apart from some tears.After everything had cooled down what happened came to light.

Apparently my sister and her friend were just hanging out when they heard something at the back door. My sister went to see if maybe the cats had knocked something over on the porch but she only saw the backdoor was inched open. She went to close it but as she did it started moving, she looked out through the class and saw someone standing at the door trying to open it. Now our sliding door has always had track issues so its slightly difficult to open if you don't give it a little force at the start or know when to lift up vs just slide so whom ever it was couldn't figure the door out. Anyways, she freaked out my dog came running and barking, she called my mom who called me and the rest is just a drunken fiasco.

We can only assume that either someone was trying to break in or some drunk idiot in my neighborhood went to the wrong house. Luckily our door is wacky and we have a dog whose bark sounds like it could rip apart a wrestler (even if he is a huge people person). Since then I've showed my sister where she can find suitable defensive weapons in my room as well as a suitable escape route.

I pity anyone who wants to try and break into my house now. Or rather in a year from now. We have a new puppy, a pure breed German Shepard and she has some great police dog tendencies. Tell her to get something, she brings it back flailing and doesn't let go all that easily. She also barks at anything not familiar to her within her territory, such as neighborhood cats that come around. Which is exactly what my older dogs does.

Last edited:

Rave

Banned
I had someone break into my car and steal my radio and iPod this spring break. Ever since, I've been living in utter silence.

Little_Pikachu

With Action Amusing!
Sounds like you were lucky, Chairman. Nothing stolen, no one hurt, could have been a lot worse! I'm fortunate that I've never suffered a break in or anything like that, but I have a funny story to lighten the mood that my friend told me the other week.

His parents told him that they'd had a break in (not funny, I know, but read on). Someone had smashed their window and taken... A meerkat statue from the windowsil.
However, on smashing the window, the theif had cut his arm. He had cut it so badly that by the time he reached the end of the street he had to call for an ambulance as he was losing immense amounts of blood, he had even had to ditch the meerkat in a garden as he couldn't carry it any further.

So he was caught, convicted and hospitalised... For a £10 meerkat statue.
Karma <3

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
Hide yo kids, hide yo wife.

Arudo

I was robbed just after taking money from a cashpoint once. I had just put the money in my wallet and some little brat on a bike went by and snatched it out of my hand. I was absolutely shocked but I chased him for a while. He cycled too far away though and managed to take the £50 from it before throwing it away by the side of the road. I stopped chasing him there and picked it up then went back home. He must have been about 10 ...

ChedWick

I was robbed just after taking money from a cashpoint once. I had just put the money in my wallet and some little brat on a bike went by and snatched it out of my hand. I was absolutely shocked but I chased him for a while. He cycled too far away though and managed to take the £50 from it before throwing it away by the side of the road. I stopped chasing him there and picked it up then went back home. He must have been about 10 ...

And possibilities like this are why I have an air taser.

DasBoot

No, I've never had my house broken into. Nor have my friends houses been broken into. We have a mutt dog thing that barks until your ears bleed. So yeah, we're pretty safe from petty theifs.