• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breakfast Food ;; When did it turn bad?

Should Sweet Fast Food be manufactured?

• No, it ruins the purpose of the ideal "Healthy Breakfast"

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Sure, I like sweet foods for breakfast, and they haven't done me any harm

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
Breakfast is an essential part of everyones day. It has always been labeled as the "most important meal of the day". However, when does the most important meal of the day become the most fattening meal of the day?

As all of you have seen lately, big name companies have been taking advantage of this meal, and using it to mass market "breakfast food", which in reality, is actually unhealthy garbage that rots our teeth and fattens our bellies.

What do you think of those big name companies like Pop-Tarts and Eggo (to name just a few) marketing fattening food for a breakfast that is supposed to nourish us? How could they make it more healthy? Or should breakfast food still just stay stocked full of sugar, offering no nutritional value?

gogogogogo

Last edited:

natie

Mr. F
It gets worse every time something sweeter gets invented. I mean, yuck, I really like sweet things, but as breakfast? No thanks.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
I would never eat a Pop-Tart, nor a Toaster Streudal for breakfast. I could never stomach a McGriddle without coughing half of it back up and falling asleep from sugar exhaustion. Frozen waffles and pancakes and instant oatmeal all have articially-flavored apple chunks that pass as blueberries, or peaches, or strawberries. I mean, it's enough that waffles use two or three times as much oil as pancakes! They even have chocolate chip waffles now which most people favor! Chocolate chips are mainly comprised of oil and sugar themselves, they're not even trying to be nutritious.

This isn't even considering how restaurants pass certain things off as French Toast, which is a pretty vaguely named recipe that any crusty concoction can fill in for, and the fact that bagels and crossoints and muffins which are increasingly popular are like three-five times as filling as good ol' toast. And don't get me started on the inexpensive franken-corn stuffs you can't digest completely that plague everything, like corn starch, corn syrup, etc etc. There's a reason acid reflux and diabetes is on the rise.

Then again, when has breakfast been good? Isn't the good ol' western breakfast some sort of pastry, cholesterol-ridden eggs, greasy bacon or sausage and fried potatos? It is really bad, or good that it's titling toward mostly sugary bread?

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Some parents go a little too far when they let their children eat "Sugar McSugar-O's" Cookie Crisp/Capt. Crunch/Cocoa Crispies etc. for breakfast.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
For breakfast I will mostly look around for some corn tortillas, beans, cheese, and maybe a piece of meat to make a taco, if they are not available I make some cup soup or cereal, Lucky Charms are still magically delicious of course moderation counts, don't eat more calories than you can burn and don't make sugar a daily habit. And include something healthy like whole grain, a fruit, a veggie, and you're good to go.

BCVM22

Breakfast is what you make of it. Cereal, toast, muffins, fruit, breakfast meats, eggs, griddle food, chocolate, ice cream, cold pizza (tremendously underrated as a breakfast food), tacos, whatever. Whatever you need to get you through that no man's land of the day between breakfast and lunch.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Yes, these arguments are all well and good, but anyone that doesn't eat Pop-Tarts/Sugary Cereals etc. is communist.

i agree with BCVM22. breakfast is whatever food you want it to be.
although i almost never eat breakfast, but the rare occasion when i do it's nice having a quick sugar rush in the morning to wake you up. it ain't healthy but it helps me through my day anyway.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Cereal, toast, the morning meats(Sausage, ham & bacon), Oatmeal, eggs, pancakes, waffles..I love it all really. Breakfast is my favorite meal yup, yup :B

Oh yes, and dont forget about a nice glass of that SunnyD up there ;P

..Or milk, coffee, cranberry juice(<3)..whatever you perfer..

An overload of sugar is a tad much though ^^;

Aquanova

Breakfast is the best and most important meal of the day.
Pancakes, Waffles, sausage, bacon muffins and scrambled eggs with cheese are better than good.

not all breakfast food is bad. I like whole wheat bagels, bananas, other fruit and oatmeal for breakfast too. There are heathy foods. Turkey sausage, whole grain cereals, bagels etc.

As much as i love pop-tarts i don't eat them for breakfast, and the only thing at Mcdonalds that is good are those maple Mcgriddle thing....so good. Sugary cereals are gross. What i eat for breakfast usually are weight loss shakes :p

There has been a lot of people against the advertisement of such foods but the cereal companies win every time. If i eat cereal i eat good old Cheerios (not the honey crap either) good old plain Cheerios

eeveefox

hmm Breakfast foods aren't too bad in Australia... I mean there's a variety of sugary cereals but having been to the U.S.A I'd say we don't have as many as there.We don't have pop tarts here anymore (except in import stores) because they didn't sell well here.
WTF Is a McGriddle?

natie

Mr. F
Oh come on? We're arguing about breakfast? The world needs to worry about bigger things than what we eat.
Gimme an example, then? Bad breakfast means people will get fat, fat people break more wind (totally serious), which is bad for the ozone layer, so please, think again when you make such a statement.

Whatever you need to get you through that no man's land of the day between breakfast and lunch.
You could also make use of this.

I don't care as long as it doesn't make me fat.
OH MAH GAWD MUMMEH DIS CUPCAKE IS GETTIN ME FINGERS ALL FATTISH D: D: D: D: D:

Everything makes you 'fat'. It all depends on how much of those calories you burn up again (by doing sports or whatever).

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
I just Googled this "Breakfast Food" you mentioned.

America is disgusting. >>

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Charmander#4 said:
I just Googled this "Breakfast Food" you mentioned.

America is disgusting. >>
How do you know which is 'American' and which isn't.. ?

I'm not really sure what the big deal is. Breakfast has always been unhealthy. Bacon, fried eggs and potatoes?

At least it's breakfast. You have all day to digest any fat or sugars you eat, so it has less impact on your body health wise than it would if you ate it for dinner.

And what is so wrong about eating sweet things for breakfast? Don't you eat desserts? The only difference between breakfast, lunch, and dinner are time frames as far as I'm concerned. Eating bad foods in the beginning of the day as I said is actually the least likely to impact your overall health.