• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breakfast Food ;; When did it turn bad?

Should Sweet Fast Food be manufactured?

• No, it ruins the purpose of the ideal "Healthy Breakfast"

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Sure, I like sweet foods for breakfast, and they haven't done me any harm

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
I have this strange feeling I share the forums with a bunch of health nuts...a bowl of cereal makes a great snack about-mid day, when that 2 o' clock crash sets in...and I run high risk for diabetes due to family history, I don't worry, I like the taste of these so called unhealthy foods, and as long as I work out a little extra for the 'junky' food I consume, what difference should it make? as long as it tastes good and I burn up the fats and carbs quickly.

The rest of you all can go back to your closet and eat that celery stick, as for me, I'm eating Steak and Eggs for breakfast.

Lol, I don't see anyone saying they eat celery for breakfast. I agree, a bowl of cereal does not really support you through the day, but then again neither do frozen waffles or Pop-tarts. Won't you have eaten lunch by 2' o clock, though? I fully agree, I love scrambled eggs and meat for breakfast and it's really the most energizing. Steak's a bit hard, sandwich or canned ham is easier to have on hand and cook.

From a health nut perspective though, cashews and canned pears on plain buttered waffles is just as good though, it's got a bit of protein, and the pear syrup makes the waffles wet ans sweet. I love having that for breakfast.

Last edited:

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
I prefer a hearty breakfast. Pancakes, grits, bacon, eggs, and a tall cup of coffee please.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Breakfast food went bad when companies learned they could control the industry by adding just a little sugar to cereals.

Sugar=Children's Coke.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I don't think cereal's gone THAT bad. I'm a very picky eater, and I found a healthy cereal I actually like. Wheaties fuel. I has 100% of my daily value for about 6 or 7 nutrients, and it's high in fiber.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I have this strange feeling I share the forums with a bunch of health nuts..
ITT: Ew, things that taste good. Why do they sell? Let me eat my plain bagel in peace.

I like unhealthy breakfasts. But a sugar coated cereal and frozen waffles are worse than unhealthy. Nice hearty Pancakes is unhealthy, but at least its actual food. I would rather eat fresh pancakes than gross, frozen waffles made in a factory being touched, by bugs, dirt, grease, and worse people.

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
I’m actually quite disturbed by how obsessive some of you sound. Seriously, worrying about the health content of breakfast? When I wake up I’m lucky if my zombie morning brain can remember to do, well, anything, least of all worry about what constitutes as healthy. I can barely function until I’ve been awake an hour, never mind allow my brain to compute irrelevant concerns such as calories.

Personally, I don’t do breakfast in the traditional sense. I physically can’t eat anything sweet in the morning, only usually eat cereal during the day, since when I wake up if I can eat anything, it would have to be hot and savoury. Whenever I’ve eaten anything sweet first thing, it makes me go into hunger over drive and need a proper meal. At college, I was never awake early enough to eat, so I’d eat my sandwiches when I got there, usually salmon & egg or chicken & bacon.

Best to just eat whatever you feel like as it’s too early in the day to concern yourself with nonsense.

7 tyranitars

tbh I don't get it why americans eat all kinds of stuff for breakfast everyone here just eats a sandwich lol

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I like unhealthy breakfasts. But a sugar coated cereal and frozen waffles are worse than unhealthy. Nice hearty Pancakes is unhealthy, but at least its actual food. I would rather eat fresh pancakes than gross, frozen waffles made in a factory being touched, by bugs, dirt, grease, and worse people.
.. Aren't frozen waffles the same as pancakes even if they are fresh? If they are still made with batter they will mostly have the same content. They aren't worlds apart.

Honestly, the only true healthy breakfast you could eat is fruits and some plain corn flakes (it's hard to find cereals that don't have any sugar content at all). Nobody here has mentioned oatmeals. Wheat products work too.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
It's supposed to fill you up, so you don't eat as much later in the day.

If you eat a large breakfast, don't you notice you tend to not be hungry until around 2 or 4 o'clock in the afternoon?
(or atleast thats how I feel)

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
.. Aren't frozen waffles the same as pancakes even if they are fresh? If they are still made with batter they will mostly have the same content. They aren't worlds apart.

Honestly, the only true healthy breakfast you could eat is fruits and some plain corn flakes (it's hard to find cereals that don't have any sugar content at all). Nobody here has mentioned oatmeals. Wheat products work too.

I couldv'e sworn someone here mentioned oatmeal. Oh well. Waffles are technically made with three times more oil than pancakes. I don't know if that applies to the frozen recipes, though.

I’m actually quite disturbed by how obsessive some of you sound. Seriously, worrying about the health content of breakfast? Best to just eat whatever you feel like as it’s too early in the day to concern yourself with nonsense.

It's not a bad thing to be conscious of the food you eat. Especially if you have some sort of health problem, which is not uncommon.

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
Weetabix is my acceptable healthy breakfast.

My rock-bottom indicator is actually calibrated on level of instant noodle consumption (per day) multiplied by how many minutes away from midnight I typically eat them. Therefore, the rockbottomometer will peak at college.

Currently, it's at 1022.4.

Breakfast Food ;; When did it turn bad?
When people started buying the crap you're on about instead of just having some eggs, toast and a wheat based suger free cereal.

Mystery solved.