• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Breaking new on chaining with pokeradar :d

Status
Not open for further replies.

aah310POW

ok well as of now i have been attempting to capture a shiny vibrava for the past week. and so it led me to do some research. i have some info on using the pokeradar!!!!
soi have learned that after every chain of that pokemon, your chances lover by 199.8.
So if the chances are 1/8192 at chain 1 it would be 1/7992.2 at chain 2 and so on.

so here is your chances up to chain 40.
0: 1/8192
1: 1/7992.2
2: 1/7792.4
3: 1/7592.6
4: 1/7392.8
5: 1/7193
6: 1/6993.2
7: 1/6793.4
8: 1/6593.6
9: 1/6393.8
10: 1/6194
11: 1/5994.2
12: 1/5794.4
13: 1/5594.6
14: 1/5394.8
15: 1/5195
16: 1/4995.2
17: 1/4795.4
18: 1/4595.6
19: 1/4395.8
20: 1/4196
21: 1/3996.2
22: 1/3796.4
23: 1/3596.6
24: 1/3396.8
25: 1/3197
26: 1/2997.2
27: 1/2797.4
28: 1/2597.6
29: 1/2397.8
30: 1/2198
31: 1/1998.2
32: 1/1798.4
33: 1/1598.6
34: 1/1398.8
35: 1/1199
36: 1/999.2
37: 1/799.4
38: 1/599.6
39: 1/399.8
40: 1/200

the chain decrease maxes out at 40. so from 40 chain on, just keep restarting the pokeradar until you find one. if you have the patience, then you can try your chances at any of the other chains from 1-40.
GOOD LUCK SHINY HUNTING!! :)

D

Deleted member 133172

Wow, interesting, thanks,t his really helped :D

Etrigan85

UU/NU Trainer
im chaing the now for my shiney ponyta

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
i'm going to sleep now, when i wake up, i will try with eevee

aah310POW

yay! people actually replied. this is my first forum so im psyched about having people comment this 0.o still no luck on shiny vibrava though.
but thats because i wont take my own advice and stop.
or maybe i suck at chaining, highest chain in sandstorm:25 DX

aah310POW

i did it!!!!!!!! shiny vibrava!~ NO CHAIN! it was the first one, and it walked intoa shiny vibrava! still chaining now incase another shows up. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
....wait....you actually think this is a NEW discovery?!

This has been common knowledge for years. Sorry dude. Everyone knows this.

aah310POW

well i figured everyone knew that, i just posted this so that every1 could get some refrence on it. not alot of people take the time to write it all down.

Lexsonn

I've known this since forever :)

Someone posted a list like this earlier. It was under the entire section encompassing chaining pokemon. Thanks to that, I have mastered chaining pokemon. Just take a quick look at the list under me (oh, and add another 5 scyther, I'm still chaining them right now though, and will probably catch 50 of them because I get so P'ed when I catch alot of them then decide to quit, only to find out, no scyther has both adamant nature and technician -.-.)

Lexsonn

I've known this since forever :)

Someone posted a list like this earlier. It was under the entire section encompassing chaining pokemon. Thanks to that, I have mastered chaining pokemon. Just take a quick look at the list under me (oh, and add another 5 scyther, I'm still chaining them right now though, and will probably catch 50 of them because I get so P'ed when I catch alot of them then decide to quit, only to find out, no scyther has both adamant nature and technician -.-.)

oh my gosh i hate chaining. I have been doing it all day trying to get a shiny zubat and I can't get over 15. Why!?! I chained a shinx and a furret both to 40 before, but it keeps breaking for no apparent reason. Ahh I am so mad, and this last time I took my time and went really slow and up pops a freakin starly at 14.

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
....wait....you actually think this is a NEW discovery?!

This has been common knowledge for years. Sorry dude. Everyone knows this.

I don't know where you've been, but in my years of chaining and such I've never seen a statistical list of percentages.

Very useful IMO, thankya

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
I have a question regarding chaining. If you go into a grassy patch that wasn't part of the chain and a pokemon appears does the chain reset?

Grading

Congrats on your shiny! You were lucky getting it on the first chain like that. Wish I had that luck.

And yeah, thanks for the breakdown of the chance of seeing one. Most people already probably know that your chance after a chain of 40 is 1/200, or 0,5%. But haven't seen such a detailed breakdown of the chances yet for each chain, so yeah, good work.

oh my gosh i hate chaining. I have been doing it all day trying to get a shiny zubat and I can't get over 15. Why!?! I chained a shinx and a furret both to 40 before, but it keeps breaking for no apparent reason. Ahh I am so mad, and this last time I took my time and went really slow and up pops a freakin starly at 14.

Word. I've also gotten two shiny Shinx (one for my friend) and I am pretty new at chaining (read some guides though), but I am currently trying to get a shiny Zangoose and I can't even count how many times I've been at 10-15 of them only to see the chain break because of a bloody Bibarel laughing in my face.

But hang in there! You'll get your Zubat eventually!

I have a question regarding chaining. If you go into a grassy patch that wasn't part of the chain and a pokemon appears does the chain reset?

This question is kinda unclear, but I'm going to assume you mean a patch that didn't shake. Yeah, even if you meet the same Pokémon as the chain you're doing, it will break the chain, unless I'm mistaken. Sucks, but just keep using Super/Max Repels and that will solve the problem.

Last edited:
YES! Last night I got the urge to catch a shiny psyduck so I sat down at 10:30 and started chaining. By 11:15 I had a chain of 40, and by 12:30 I had 3 shiny psyducks!!!! I can't believe how lucky i am. I almost broke the chain several times but it just kept sending me psyducks. now I just need to figure out if i want to evolve my psyduck, or leave it the way it is.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
While chaining is nothing new, I appreciate the posting of the actual odds throughout the progression of the chain; it really puts things in perspective. :)

pkman420

so can u really chain in a sandstorm?? how the funk!? u cant see patches move what so ever!!! and does anyone know any easy ways for chaining other types besides static and magnet?

Cutty

Forever now
I have never seen this kind of list of percentage too before, so it's interesting.

Anybody knows why the chain doesn't increase the chance after 40?

hitoshura0

I have never seen this kind of list of percentage too before, so it's interesting.

Anybody knows why the chain doesn't increase the chance after 40?

Gamefaqs Pokeradar FAQ said:
Ok, here's the most important part of this FAQ. The actual formula for whether
a Pokemon found using the Pokeradar is shiny or not. Ok, so is everyone ready?
Here's the formula, over three lines for ease of reading:

14747 - 40(n) Where P = Probability
P(shiny) = ------------------ and n = Chain length
2621440 x (41 - n)

So what does this show us? Well firstly, it shows that the probability of
finding a shiny Pokemon with the Pokeradar DOES increase as the length of the
chain increases, and it also shows us that the optimum chain length is 40. Any
higher, and there will be no difference to the outcome of the equation, even
though it is impossible to divide by zero.

Layman's terms: Math things.

Darkfirex34

Begining shinyhunter
Wow, then I got kinda lucky. Found a shiny patch (or what I think was) at chain 34 just before it broke, I wasn't sure if it was shiyn or not, so I decided against it. Oh well. Having bad luck at even a simple Shinx chain. Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.